Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So the 2011 is almost here...

• 14-12-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Do you guys have any photographic plans made for the new year? 365 projects? Work on a photo series? Get a job in photography? Print more photos? Go to college? etc etc

I'm going to be working on a photo series for most of the year. 1st 6 months planning/shooting 2nd 5 months editing/printing. Hopefully create 20 photos. Whether or not I keep at it.. I don't know I started a little early last week and im happy so far, we'll see how it goes. :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've a task set for June, to reproduce photos of Dublin taken in the 60s.

Other than that, shoot more, get more printed, get more published and hopefully earn more. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,725 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just shoot more really :)

Haven't thought of any projects, although I might start building up a portfolio for college and stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Big plans are a great source of disappointment. Go with what you want to do on any given day and take it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

More printed/framed/sold :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Fnergg

I'm thinking of joining the RPS and going for an LRPS qualification.

One thing that puts me off is their description of this country as "Eire" which, when used by Brits, is invariably done in a condescending tone. I know it's a triviality but it's enough to give me pause as far as joining is concerned.

The alternative is to go for the LIPF but I think the RPS carries more cachet than our home grown version.

Not that the LIPF or the LRPS are any big deals - you'd want to be a poor photographer not to gain either one - so I may not bother.

Regards,

Fnergg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fnergg wrote: »

Not that the LIPF or the LRPS are any big deals - you'd want to be a poor photographer not to gain either one - so I may not bother.

thats fightin talk round these parts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm hopfully buying a house out in the sticks so the new area will hopefully give me lots to see and photograph. It'll be a massive change from living in the city and I'm looking forward to it immensely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah, first off: not and never to do a 365 project. Sorry, but those are boring and uninspiring. I really hate when people take pictures of their socks because nothing else was happening ... GO OUTSIDE!

Anyway ... I have 2 weddings this year, both my sister's, and both will be my gift to them plus experience for me.

Plan to do more strobist stuff, mess about with bouncing/umbrellas/soft boxes etc ..

Make some Goddamn money!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

back ot

hopefully a wee book...

hopefully

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Book series and permanent gallery in Paris.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

In March I'm taking the train from Galway to the Soça valley in Slovenia to go paddling with Galway Kayak Club.... I'm trying to work out a few places to stop in between, I'll visit an ex-flatmate in northern France, and a cousin in s.e Germany , might do Amsterdam in between those two, then do a loop southwards, not sure but I'll have a rail pass to get myself around on so the continent's my oyster :D

Planning on blogging it via th'iPad, not taking a laptop... basic photo editing and uploading should be no problem as I have the camera connector, I'll just be stacking the images and video up on SD cards... limiting myself on cards will be interesting.., I took 7,000 shots in 5 weeks in Japan, that would be 140gb on my shiny new 550D but there's no way I'll be able to do that this time.., I'll have to learn to shoot more selectively. That said, I could also bring a small card reader and external HD without adding much weight... we'll see :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Nothing planned... where photography is concerned 2011 is just another year.

I just pick up the camera when I feel like it... and rarely for any other reason that that.

I've removed many a contact from Flickr due to 365 projects... absolutley fecking ridiculous stuff... typically about 350 uninspired photos (an un-educated guess and I'm exaggerating here as I usually remove them after about 40 days max never to return again)... "bah, meh, pft, bah, meh, pft" as those internet folk would say.

Exciting stuff eh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

1]i had a few prints exhibited locally here this year so i hope to repeat that again this year on a bigger scale

2]i'd love to get my hands on a reasonably priced medium format camera this year

3]i also plan a frivolous 365 project, but don't worry i'll not post them here in case it offends anyone's delicate sensibilities :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Two projects that I am hoping to do early on in the year (complete by end of March)

One is based on my favourite childhood cartoon programme, He-Man and the other is based on the in flux of immigrants into one of Dublins oldest streets, kinda of a new faces on an old street type thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

I've handed in my notice in work and am heading off at the start of February for about a year with my bag of cameras to photograph musicians & bands all over the globe. Starting in South America & finishing (probably in Australia & New Zealand)

Should be the most fun and most challenging photographic thing I've ever done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah I should have mentioned i'm hoping for an exhibition of the series if I finish it. I had one in here in Waterford before and I know the guy so if I finish it ill show him and see what he thinks. Also a book as well for myself :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

DotOrg wrote: »
    I've handed in my notice in work and am heading off at the start of February for about a year with my bag of cameras to photograph musicians & bands all over the globe. Starting in South America & finishing (probably in Australia & New Zealand)

Should be the most fun and most challenging photographic thing I've ever done

:eek: wow!!

fair feics!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

This year I'd planned to do a series of shots of the fishing season on my local river. Then of course I broke my ankle at the beginning of the season and that fooked that up!
    So next year I'll get stuck in again....hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CallMeMiss

New to photography forum but love taking photos!
    Im heading off on my travels in 2011. Starting in South America & then who know where! So Iv decided to invest in a lovely new camera & possibly a photography course before I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

This year I'd planned to do a series of shots of the fishing season on my local river. Then of course I broke my ankle at the beginning of the season and that fooked that up!
    So next year I'll get stuck in again....hopefully!

Hopefully you won't have an injury this year, and can get your project done. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

Start some sort of college course in September.

If I'm going to be broke and miserable I might as well be broke and miserable doing something I enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Hopefully earn some more money, get some new equipment (come on Nikon with D700 replacement:D) and take lots of photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Apart from getting a house, I'm going to splash on a pair of AlienBees I've been putting on the long finger for months now with the intent of learning some proper studio lighting techniques. It's long overdue on my list.
    (if anyone has suggestions alternate to the AB's, I'm all ears)

Apart from that, I've been lucky enough to get my first paid job from this, starting in the new year, so I'm sure I'll be plenty busy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

1. Finish the upgrade from my photoblog to proper website. (hopefully have it finished by end of this year)
    2. go through everything in my manual and know all the features and functions my camera has.
    3. Finally get onto a few cafes/venues and get some photos exhibited.
    4. Go along to the Galway Photo Club and see what it's like

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i wouldn't mind finally do what i've been threatening for years and get a LF camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I'm going to get a job & make photography a full time hobby :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

As dineenp said I am going to read my camera manual from start to finish and get to know everything about my camera (Nikon D5000).

I also intend on spending more time not taking landscapes which is all i ever seem to take..

Get braver and rope friends and family into some fashion/human shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I actually wouldn't mind meeting some of you chaps for a photo-walk/meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,725 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

TelePaul wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't mind meeting some of you chaps for a photo-walk/meet.

I'd like to do a Dublin photo-walk when it's not absolutely arctic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I'm going to make a better effort to bring my camera with me everywhere! With that in mind I'm going to buy a P&S in the sales.

Other than that, now that I know I'll be hanging about Vancouver for a while (Visa just in :)) I want to get a few shots printed and framed.

I was thinking about a 365 type project but with a twist - I wanna take a picture of myself each day and track my aging...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

I'd really like to enter the Peoples Photography 2011, so this means I'll also have to bring my camera out more and shot more.

Advertisement