Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favorite MMA media?

• 14-12-2010 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what radio/tv/podcasts and websites the MMA fans here follow. There seems to be a lot of stuff out there and some of it is trash but some of it is quite good.

I'm very much an armchair guy when it comes to following MMA but I'd love to get to know the Irish scene more, my main problem is I'm not sure where to look other than actually going to the shows so if anyone could suggest a website or two I'd be very grateful.

In terms of international MMA, my favorite things to keep an eye on are MMAfighting.com - "The MMA Hour" with Ariel Helwani. I like MMA Junkie's daily video cast too. Sherdog Radio is worth a listen sometimes but doesn't really scrub up to the first two. MMA Live on ESPN can be good in terms of tv shows but I much prefer Inside MMA on HDNet.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

TV for me is Inside MMA, ESPN Live is good too but i prefer the former.

As far as websites go I like MMAJunkie. even though it's not ALWAYS the first with the news, even when it's not it collects the news from elsewhere. I also like the blogs and the special features there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Sherdog and MMA Junkie for me! I mainly use Sherdog for the Grappling and Gear forums but the rest is good too, its funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Inside MMA and Helwani's MMA Hour for me. Fun shows, alot of info and Inside MMA is great for a lot of grass roots shows, unlike MMA Live. I do the rounds for news in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

boards.ie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I used to look at mmaweekly every day but it's gone all multimedia now.

ariel helwani does really interesting interviews, Fighting words with Mike Straka is an excellent interview show that i only discovered recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Sherdog and MMA Junkie for me! I mainly use Sherdog for the Grappling and Gear forums but the rest is good too, its funny.

The Gear forum on Sherdog is excellent. Got my sparring gloves after someone posted a bargain alert in that forum.

Junkie and Sherdog aswell. They are the two most reliable. Also watch Ariel Hewani's interviews with Dana after the events which are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

http://www.mmafighting.com/ very good website, home of ariel helwanis mma hour

Bruce buffers podcast (on itunes and sherdog) is always entertaining aswell, he gets some great interviews from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/ & http://www.cagepotato.com/

I used to visit mma junkie regularly too but I think the ones above are better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Niall0 wrote: »
    http://www.mmafighting.com/ very good website, home of ariel helwanis mma hour

Bruce buffers podcast (on itunes and sherdog) is always entertaining aswell, he gets some great interviews from time to time.

To be honest I can't stand Bruce Buffer's radio show. He seems to talk way too much about women, really fancies himself as a ladies' man. He can take it a bit to far at times to the point where he comes as across as a creepy, pervy old lech :pac:

He does get the good guests though, usually the likes of Rampage Jackson or BJ Penn. He had Mayhem Miller last week which was interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Inside MMA for my weekly dose of Bas!

Then Bloody Elbow for news and analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

MMAFighting for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Ariel's MMA Hour podcast, the MMAfighting iPhone app, and the Observer Radio & Newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭mickmac

Luke Thomas from Bloodyelbow does a hour or two of an MMA show, MMA Nation, on the radio in Washington on Sunday nights.

There's usually a link up to watch/listen live on BE on the Sunday or it can be found here (or hereabouts):

http://1067thefandc.cbslocal.com/category/podcasts/mma-nation-podcasts/

Good show for the most part - entertaining mix of opinion and interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Since it's only gotten a small mention, I'll mention the Wrestling Observer site (again :pac:). A lot gets covered in the newsletter, then there's all the coverage of the shows and the news on Observer Radio. They've had Helwani on a few times too. Tough Talk has had a lot of great guests on recently, I think Koscheck was the last, good interview. Their one with Gray Maynard was a sign of things to come for him apparently :pac: And Five Star Radio is great for really detailed previews of fights. Value for money in my opinion

Advertisement