If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" Sony or Samsung ?

Options
  • 15-12-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I'm considering the following TV's

Sony KDL-32EX403 and the Samsung LE32C580

From looking through various sites and posts I take it that these sets have an MPEG4 HD tuner that can decode RTE2 on Saorview which seems to be going out on HD now.

Any pro's/con's of one over the other ?

How does the Sony VAT back thing work ? (if buying from the North and address in the South ?)

Can you please price me on both + delivery to Mayo.

Many thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Thanks for the post.

Out of those two models, I would have to say that the Sony does perform quite a bit better than the Samsung.

Mostly in terms of colours, motion and most significantly on the sound front.

The only issue is with the Sony Vat back. Sony will only pay this back to a UK bank as they either issue a cheque or do a bank transfer for the UK VAT back.

Have you looked at the Philips 32PFL5405 ? It's a 100Hz screen that I would have to consider over both these 50Hz screens ? The sound on the Philips is superb and the 100Hz makes for a much smoother picture than either of the models above.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1.618033...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply!

Had a look at the Philips 32PFL5405 ( link above is to a 5404 :confused: ).
    Does this set have a Freeview HD tuner, ie DVB-T2 like the Sony and Samsung ?

What i'm looking for is a middle of the road workhorse that has a DVB-T2 tuner so as it will deal with the Freeview/Saorview HD transmissions which it looks like RTE are going to finalize on when the officially launch.

The other route I was contemplating was going without the DVB-T2 tuner ie. the KDL32EX401 or the LE32C530 and buying a combo DVB-S2 / DVB-T2 Decoder / Recorder later on.

Would appreciate if you could give me a price on above mentioned TV's (inc the KDL32EX401 or the LE32C530) as it might squeeze in the Christmas budget :rolleyes:.

Just on the Sony VAT back thing, If they can post a cheque to an address in the South if a claim is sent in, it would be fine. Can you clarify the position on this ?

Many thanks,
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi again.

The Sony 401, we did stock but we don't stock it any longer. The Samsung LE32B530 is £299.95 but this is not one that ship as stocks are very tight.

We do also keep the Philips 32PFL3605 which is a full HD 32" at the same price of £299.95 which comes with a 2 year warranty and has excellent sound.

Let me know what you think or if you would like me to price for some T2 models.

Regards

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.