Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster and Connacht: Cold spell and snow discussion (15/12/2010)

Options
  • 15-12-2010 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Please use this thread for cold spell discussion particular to these provinces.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Just heard the later night radio forecast with David Rogers, he said the snow showers should begin in Ulster and Connacht during the afternoon on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Guess Connacht is too small to have its own thread :P or maybe its because of a lack of posters from Ulster :)
    None the less this should be a good thread!

2085663646_2f3ff212a5.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Pangea wrote: »
    Guess Connacht is too small to have its own thread :P or maybe its because of a lack of posters from Ulster :)
    None the less this should be a good thread!

It's because Connacht and Ulster it is where all the action will be Pangea. ;)

It would be a nightmare for all the snowless-wonders lusting after our snow if they had to keep going to two different threads to keep track of the action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Hopefully the weather forum will be somewhat readable now with Dublin getting its own thread! Inevitably the place will become a mess again over the weekend but this should keep some level of order at least

From what I can tell, Thursday wont be too bad for us. The rain will turn to snow but shouldnt really stick until later in the evening. We did quite well from the last spell but after all the build up I'm hoping for something memorable this weekend :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I'll put the owld kettle on lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

What I want to know is whether the connacht game will still be on Friday evening????

Mr and Mrs Pangea after being snowed in for a week :

286794773skYjQb_ph.jpg

What I want to know is whether the connacht game will still be on Friday evening????

If half of what could happen happens the I would guess. No chance. Walked past the ground yesterday morning and the paths were deadly even then. Most games are called off on public health and safety fears these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Right lads,

I'm back online at last....let the fun & games begin!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

oooh aaah a "regional " thread , somebody has changed his tune.:rolleyes:

I just peeked into the other threads... and I actaully felt really sorry for them :pac:

It's bad enough that we live in the best part of the country, get the best weather and are better looking that them, without rubbing it in by them having their own threads. :)

I know, I know I'm a childish fecker

286794773skYjQb_ph.jpg
    ? lol

P.S I think me harps and Irish should have our own thread, dont want to upset the rest of yas with talk of our massive snowfalls :pac:

Pangea wrote: »
    ? lol

P.S I think me harps and Irish should have our own thread, dont want to upset the rest of yas with talk of our massive snowfalls :pac:

Watch it, or we'll demand an Ulster thread for ya! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

286794773skYjQb_ph.jpg
    Well our game is still on Thursday night under lights on the side pitch in the sportsground. We spent a good few hours covering the main pitch with hay on Sunday morning. Some im hoping it will get the go ahead.

Ah feck it Pang.. Ye have gone and jinxed it now

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Irish has the kettle on .. come on in, pull up a chair and tell us the craic ..... I am soooo looking forward to this!!! and our own regional thread ? Something's definitly brewing and it's not just the tay :D:D BRING IT!! Woo :)

irish1967 wrote: »
    Ah feck it Pang.. Ye have gone and jinxed it now
    yeah couldnt resist :D
    Think Snowghost already jinxed it for both provinces though :pac:

snow ghost wrote: »
    I just peeked into the other threads... and I actaully felt really sorry for them :pac:

It's bad enough that we live in the best part of the country, get the best weather and are better looking that them, without rubbing it in by them having their own threads. :)

I know, I know I'm a childish fecker

sure we all are. why else do we like snow so much:D

Should I set up a live storm cam on Thursday ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Just leave some for me and Deep Easterly and there'll be no prpblems;-)

Should I set up a live storm cam on Thursday ?

You should. :)

That sounds like a good plan!

I did the cam thing last year using Ustream and it worked well ... Well except for the fact that our snow shield kept firm the whole day.

Donegal County Council low on salt resources

Donegal County Councils salt levels are currently low, but they say they are trying to manage as best they can.

The gritter lorries will be out on the Countys roads tonight and over the next number of days as another cold snap is set to hit the NorthWest again.

Senior Engineer with Donegal County Council, Vincent Lynn, says this is the most prolonged winter weather he has experienced.

http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/12/14/donegal-county-council-low-on-salt-resources/

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

iv to travel from galway to castlerea sat and sunday to work so im not looking forword to that :mad:

Check out post 26 in the Leinster forum, and you'll see why this regional thread is such a great idea. ;) :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

just posting to get the email alerts for thurs and fri id say it will be a busy day of reporting snow

heads off to the leinsher thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I did the cam thing last year using Ustream and it worked well ... Well except for the fact that our snow shield kept firm the whole day.

Must remember that and try and set one up. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Hey weather guru's, what do you think the chances are of seeing snow in Dublin on the 28th June 3014?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭john__long

These dudes are GREAT for forecasts.

PLus they have a super responsive twitter team.

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/

They predict 10-15cm of snow in East Mayo near Knock on Saturday morning..

http://twitter.com/iweatheronline/status/14814752177917952

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement