Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster (Including Dublin): Cold spell and snow discussion (15/12/2010)

Options
  • 15-12-2010 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Please use this thread for cold spell discussion particular to Leinster.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

How come "the west" thread in the last freeze was locked to keep the discussion all ireland... But now leinster/dublin gets its own thread.

Or are there going to be regional threads now (wouldnt be a bad idea really)

edit: never mind, spotted the others. Good move this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yeah. The west one was locked. No sure I agree with a regional thread. Fair is fair !! :(

Edit: ooops. Just spotted the others too !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Regional is the way to go. The last even showed us that the threads move too fast if everything is dumped in the one thread.

Anyways, should I be expecting snow in South Dublin this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Yip, one thread becomes impossible to follow... And now ill stop polluting yers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hi all

what's the chances of it being a white-out/transport freeze in Dublin CC on Friday night/Sat morn?
    Have a bit of a do planned in town Fri night and a few people coming in that are living well outside the city

Thks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

From a geographical point of view it makes much more sense for me to hang out in here................UNLESS...we get a south east thread :o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I suppose we should be happy we can avoid the 'rebels' sobbing about how they never get snow. They sure love their beal bocht routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Should Dublin not have its own thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

hope this happens not like january when they said the snow would get heavier then changed their mind at the last minute. Oh forgot to say love the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

gambiaman wrote: »
    Hi all

what's the chances of it being a white-out/transport freeze in Dublin CC on Friday night/Sat morn?
    Have a bit of a do planned in town Fri night and a few people coming in that are living well outside the city

Thks

At the moment we are POTENTIALLY looking at about 1-10cms for that time... but it could well double upon ugrades to model runs and such.

SO ye if the stocks of grit havent still been re stocked then the roads could get quite bad, disrupting all services.. Train is only the best option id say.

• Advertisement

Well I'd say potentially in that Ian.
    There is still a chance of little or nothing in Dublin at the weekend untill we nail down specifics a bit better.
    The probability in my opinion is of disruptive snow in the east especially dublin northwards but still a decent chance of nothing or just a dusting aswell over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

From a geographical point of view it makes much more sense for me to hang out in here................UNLESS...we get a south east thread :o:pac:

The problem is dividing too much! There is only so much you can go before you dilute the conversation too much.

Hopefully 3 regionals will be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

There is still a chance of little or nothing in Dublin at the weekend untill we nail down specifics a bit better.
    The probability in my opinion is of disruptive snow in the east especially dublin northwards but still a decent chance of nothing or just a dusting aswell over the weekend

From MT's earlier posts, it looks as if Dublin & Wicklow get hit on Sunday/Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

It seems likely we could get frontal snow widespread and probrably heavy at times on Friday but I also expect snow showers later Thursday aswell.

72_30.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Fantastic. . . A pale thread. Looks like if you live in the rest of leinster you don't have a say. . . I know what the title says but you can be pretty sure that this will be a thread entirely about dublin and its immediate surrounding area. . . :rolleyes:

Sorry... im very optimistic! haha

darkman2 wrote: »
    It seems likely we could get frontal snow widespread and probrably heavy at times on Friday but I also expect snow showers later Thursday aswell.

72_30.gif

Yes important to watch the potential of snow showers for eastern coastal district as this recent shift eastwards of the vortex has began in recent model outputs. Winds Thursday evening remain N and veer NNE on occasions so there is a chance of a few showers clipping the east.

Fantastic. . . A pale thread. Looks like if you live in the rest of leinster you don't have a say. . . I know what the title says but you can be pretty sure that this will be a thread entirely about dublin and its immediate surrounding area. . . :rolleyes:
    I am sorry but it is the best i can do, making a Dublin thread would be a mess as a result of how large greater Dublin is and i am not going to have a pale thread and outside pale thread!

I am sorry but this is the best i can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The problem is dividing too much! There is only so much you can go before you dilute the conversation too much.

Hopefully 3 regionals will be enough.

I was only joking ;)

Good luck with the modding over the weekend.

You'll need it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

I think a SE thread is a pretty good idea Jerry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

The thread is new but already has a out break of DUBLINCENTREOFTHEUNIVERSEitis :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thanks for doing your best w.c, mods have a hard job without me moaning as well. . . I think it will be easier for me just stay out of the discussion for this cold spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Iancar29 wrote: »
    At the moment we are POTENTIALLY looking at about 1-10cms for that time... but it could well double upon ugrades to model runs and such.

SO ye if the stocks of grit havent still been re stocked then the roads could get quite bad, disrupting all services.. Train is only the best option id say.

Thanks Iancar29, Black Briar and eirgod and others

I'll keep an eye on this thread over the coming days. Cheers.

PS what's the moaning already about someone from Dublin asking a question?! Jeez.

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    The thread is new but already has a out break of DUBLINCENTREOFTHEUNIVERSEitis :mad:

Here... id miss certain peoples post if it was an only dublin thread... so ye, its not our fault that a lot of dublins peeps are on boards!

Gearing up for a re-run for MT. Leinster? ha

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

any of u wise weather people tell me wat the chances are of a white christmas in dublin? thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I am sorry but it is the best i can do, making a Dublin thread would be a mess as a result of how large greater Dublin is and i am not going to have a pale thread and outside pale thread!

I am sorry but this is the best i can do.

Its a tough one but hopefully it keeps things a bit less manic !

For those of us who watch the models we will know when to go into each thread and hit F5 !

Doin a good job there WC, now I hope you get your blizzard !! :D:D:pac:

I think we should all go to bed now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    [Embedded Image Removed]

boo hoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

but but but...

00Z !!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Sounds good to me, night all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement