Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster (Including Dublin): Cold spell and snow discussion (15/12/2010)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

muirsheen wrote: »
    Can I ask if i may do you think New ross will get snow?

(please don't shoot me)

plastered in the stuff intensively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Snowman10 wrote: »
    I hope to god it doesnt snow in carlow around the town at least or in graigue i wont be able to get around

I love the snow, but it is really hard to get around the town..

In fairness the council here did great with the roads but the estates were a disaster. There an awful lot of ice on the roads here.

I just hope I don't get snowed in in Carlow as I have to get to Dublin for my Christmas dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I would suggest that anyone who hasn't checks out the latest updates in the forecast thread ! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Hammy_irl

My partner is due to arrive into dublin at 12.30 saturday afternoon?! Not looking good for Dublin airport to be open saturday is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Confidence rising now on a major snowstorm on saturday. I'd vote the GFS 18Z as being the best model run I've ever seen in my life (in a reliable timeframe), and I've been following charts for 7 years now. Not 100 % sure BUT confidence is rising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

WTF are ye like is it going to snow in new ross/carlow/bray/dublin12/dublin3etc.etc jesus read the thread people its going to snow pretty much everywhere aarrgh:mad:

patneve2 wrote: »
    Confidence rising now on a major snowstorm on saturday. I'd vote the GFS 18Z as being the best model run I've ever seen in my life (in a reliable timeframe), and I've been following charts for 7 years now. Not 100 % sure BUT confidence is rising.

+1 on that

If those come off it will be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

patneve2 wrote: »
    Any chance of a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Personally, it's nice that the heaviest is going to hit on Saturday & Sunday - means won't be in work worrying if I'll get home.

• Advertisement

eigrod wrote: »
    Personally, it's nice that the heaviest is going to hit on Saturday & Sunday - means won't be in work worrying if I'll get home.

Yeah the timing does work out nicely here

poolboy wrote: »
    WTF are ye like is it going to snow in new ross/carlow/bray/dublin12/dublin3etc.etc jesus read the thread people its going to snow pretty much everywhere aarrgh:mad:

me?

I'm like..

like is it going to snow in Carlow?

I can't understand the charts, I have read the forecasts, they do not say yay or nay whether it will snow in Carlow..

I asked in the weather forum because there are brilliant weather experts in here and they are always right..

So that's what I'm like ..

Apologies if I made you :mad: but I like this thread it makes me :)

foxinsox wrote: »
    me?

I'm like..

I can't understand the charts, I have read the forecasts, they do not say yay or nay whether it will snow in Carlow..

I asked in the weather forum because there are brilliant weather experts in here and they are always right..

.... It will snow in carlow.. how much tough i cant be certain... HAppy nows?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

me?

I'm like..

Apology accepted. I cant read the charts either but its pretty obvious at this stage

Iancar29 wrote: »
    .... It will snow in carlow.. how much tough i cant be certain... HAppy nows?

:) snow

:( work

:confused: christmas dinner doubtful

:) happy now

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Woohoo , snow for dublin and no flippin shadow to worry about either :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

So when are people expecting the snow to arrive in Dublin? I'm hearing conflicting reports between Thursday - Saturday.

So when are people expecting the snow to arrive in Dublin? I'm hearing conflicting reports between Thursday - Saturday.

My guess would be in the am of friday... 3.23 am , ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Apparently 1cm tomorrow, 2-3 Friday and crazy Blizzard **** for hours on Saturday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

when is snow hitting kilkenny anyone care to take a guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Check MT's latest post on the forecast thread for anticipated snow levels on a regional basis

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69581734&postcount=1845

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If that forecast holds firm (And knowing MT that's highly likely) Saturday - Monday are going to be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

And i was planning on taking the motorcycle to work tomorrow. Hmmpff.
    Although, unless the snow stays on the ground i might make it home.

:) snow

:( work

:confused: christmas dinner doubtful

:) happy now

I'll make you xmas dinner, with crackers and wine and see where the night takes us whilst sitting in front of an open fire under the christmas lights ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

When's the cold front meant to be hitting Dublin?

Snowman10 wrote: »
    I'll make you xmas dinner, with crackers and wine and see where the night takes us whilst sitting in front of an open fire under the christmas lights ;)

:o:)

I just read the updated forecast..

Inland South East to get up to 18cm of snow this weekend.. :eek:
    That is scary!

Do you have turkey and wine? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Hopefully after 4:30pm :D

:o:)

I just read the updated forecast..

Inland South East to get up to 18cm of snow this weekend.. :eek:
    That is scary!

Do you have turkey and wine? ;)

u bring the turkey and the apron and i'll get the wine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

amacachi wrote: »
    When's the cold front meant to be hitting Dublin?

The cold will hit Dublin tomorrow afternoon with a little bit of snow (& lots of ice) the snow will hit properly on Saturday (around 15cm) & Sunday (around 15cm)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement