Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster (Including Dublin): Cold spell and snow discussion (15/12/2010)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Is that a private inviation????just looking at mt's forcast and charts...they're amazing!!!!have the ham in but no turkey yet,second fridge full of drink,all ready,wicklow will hopefully get some nice streamers from this as well....will be great to watch.People think i'm mad doing my shopping today....girl n tescos said it's mad all week people stockn up ,obviously loads of boardies n wicklow area:)
    i'm assuming with the 12z models it'll give us dead cert ideas of snow etc?????And make sure yez leave a plate out for incar as god know's where he'll end up:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Here's M.T. Cranium's Update for anyone who didn't see it

UPDATE to yesterday's posted regional snowfall predictions:

issued 2145h Dec 15th, 2010 -- amounts in cms -- expected regional averages -- more may fall on higher ground in each region, less near shores and urban centres.

REGION .............. THURS .... FRI ..... SAT ..... SUN ..... MON

Ulster ..................... 08 ...... 07 ...... 10 ..... 10 ...... 03

Connacht ................ 05 ...... 10 ...... 05 ..... 05 ...... 02

West Munster, Clare .. 03 ..... 03 ...... 07 ..... 12 ...... 10

East Munster ............ 01 ..... 02 ...... 10 ..... 10 ...... 08

inland southeast ....... 02 ..... 03 ...... 12 ..... 18 ...... 10

Dublin/Wicklow/Meath. 01 ..... 02 ...... 15 ..... 15 ...... 10

rest of Leinster ........ 03 ..... 04 ...... 12 ..... 12 ...... 07

Notes
    _______

Snow Thursday-Friday mostly in passing squally snow showers that may merge into longer periods of snow in counties such as Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo, Donegal, Derry, Tyrone, Fermanagh, parts of Galway and Clare, and that may apply to adjacent parts of other counties at times

Snow Saturday-Monday mostly from organized areas of snow that may sweep in from east or northeast, heavy bands likely from about Meath southwest to Laois and Tipps, also in Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford, Waterford, Carlow, Kilkenny, Kildare, but this could spread further north and west in other bands crossing Ulster and moving southwest.

If you got heavy snow in the last round, you'll probably get heavy snow in this round, but, if you escaped snow in the last round, you may get at least some snow in this round, and parts of Mayo to Fermanagh could start off this round with heavy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

dacogawa wrote: »
    The cold will hit Dublin tomorrow afternoon with a little bit of snow (& lots of ice) the snow will hit properly on Saturday (around 15cm) & Sunday (around 15cm)

:) I'm excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Just a reminder for anyone with older or infirm neighbors to check in on them during this next cold spell, its fun for us but not fun for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

It feels like it's about to snow outside soon... :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

_whiskers wrote: »
    :) I'm excited now!

I'm excited..

But also a bit scared.. :eek:

That is a lot of snow forecast for Inland South East..

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

better get the santa presents from my mams tomorrow i think i feel a bit scared i hope my husband makes it home from dublin on saturday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Here's M.T. Cranium's Update for anyone who didn't see it

UPDATE to yesterday's posted regional snowfall predictions:

issued 2145h Dec 15th, 2010 -- amounts in cms -- expected regional averages -- more may fall on higher ground in each region, less near shores and urban centres.

REGION .............. THURS .... FRI ..... SAT ..... SUN ..... MON

Ulster ..................... 08 ...... 07 ...... 10 ..... 10 ...... 03

Connacht ................ 05 ...... 10 ...... 05 ..... 05 ...... 02

West Munster, Clare .. 03 ..... 03 ...... 07 ..... 12 ...... 10

East Munster ............ 01 ..... 02 ...... 10 ..... 10 ...... 08

inland southeast ....... 02 ..... 03 ...... 12 ..... 18 ...... 10

Dublin/Wicklow/Meath. 01 ..... 02 ...... 15 ..... 15 ...... 10

rest of Leinster ........ 03 ..... 04 ...... 12 ..... 12 ...... 07

Notes
    _______

Snow Thursday-Friday mostly in passing squally snow showers that may merge into longer periods of snow in counties such as Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo, Donegal, Derry, Tyrone, Fermanagh, parts of Galway and Clare, and that may apply to adjacent parts of other counties at times

Snow Saturday-Monday mostly from organized areas of snow that may sweep in from east or northeast, heavy bands likely from about Meath southwest to Laois and Tipps, also in Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford, Waterford, Carlow, Kilkenny, Kildare, but this could spread further north and west in other bands crossing Ulster and moving southwest.

If you got heavy snow in the last round, you'll probably get heavy snow in this round, but, if you escaped snow in the last round, you may get at least some snow in this round, and parts of Mayo to Fermanagh could start off this round with heavy snow.

Bearing in mind that was before the latest GFS run, If that verifies in the next few runs then those amounts will be significantly higher

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Just a reminder for anyone with older or infirm neighbors to check in on them during this next cold spell, its fun for us but not fun for them

+1

& if anyone finds my da in Johnie Foes please bring him home this time.. I aint travelling up there again !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I am travelling to Dublin from Cork via train for the weekend from Friday, expected back on Sunday. Will trains be running? And the luas lines? Need to get to stillorgan.. hm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

and the young who live only on beans and beer. damn you weather :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Serious question: m.t. Is saying 18 cm of snow for me on sunday alone- should i bother studying for my exams for next week on the basis that they will be cancelled? Or will this all blow over leading me to fail spectacularly . . :P :P :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement