Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster: Cold spell and snow discussion (15/12/2010)

Options
  • 15-12-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Please use this thread for cold spell discussion particular to these provinces.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Are we going to get any snow in Cork this time?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Sky News are currently suggesting the UK hole in and stock up until February. Ferries have been cancelled to the Hebrides.

Any idea how long its going to last here?? (Have an extension being built at the mo, and its already 2 months over time and counting. Each day of sub-zero is another day when bricks can't be laid or plaster can't be spread).

Oh, and we're staying in a house (meanwhile) with a very poor heating system and no working fireplaces.....

Thanks!!

Bicycle wrote: »
    Sky News are currently suggesting the UK hole in and stock up until February.
    Rofl
    You are joking?
    I havent watched sky news in ages,I watch bbc news 24

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

quiet in this one int it ??

Any other Munster-dwellers...c'mon...sign in....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

a bit over dramatic :rolleyes: well done sky news mass panic ensues the entire uk

does this thread actually mean CORK CITY is actually going to get something decent. cause i'm getting that feeling any time i can feel a big weather change:o.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I'm 15 miles from munster but 70 from dublin. . . And the leinster thread is a dublin thread so i might be joining ye here. . . I can tease ye when i have snow and cork doesn't. . . :P

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    a bit over dramatic :rolleyes: well done sky news mass panic ensues the entire uk

does this thread actually mean CORK CITY is actually going to get something decent. cause i'm getting that feeling any time i can feel a big weather change:o.

ignore them, nobody watches sky anyway. . :P and no, it doesn't mean snow for cork its a moaning thread for snow free munster-ites. . :P

I'm 15 miles from munster but 70 from dublin. . . And the leinster thread is a dublin thread so i might be joining ye here. . . I can tease ye when i have snow and cork doesn't. . . :P

grrrrrrr. we will get snow this

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

ignore them, nobody watches sky anyway. . :P and no, it doesn't mean snow for cork its a moaning thread for snow free munster-ites. . :P

and rain in Clare :rolleyes:

unless we actually do get snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Great stuff just back from a few days business in waterford and Cork, got a few loose ends but nothing much, epic shop tommorow to get all i need, only fly in ointment is ms cretin hop in dublin till saturday, im assuming she may have a bit of work getting home to galway on saturday what say ye? weather boffins, i have to admit this is amazing stuff it looks like being a special weather event in ireland for a change instead of much of nothing as we have as always:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

I hope there's plenty of snow in South Tipp over the weekend. Going up the Galtees on Saturday :D Should be a right laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

Special all right, specially when you leave in the middle of no where and have no way of going up and down for the essentials.

And the cost of staying worm :mad:

But on the weather front, we are in Templeglantine, up the hills or mounts has my other half likes to call it, its getting cold, real cold, soon the roads with be impossible to use again.

But it is beautiful :)

Great stuff just back from a few days business in waterford and Cork, got a few loose ends but nothing much, epic shop tommorow to get all i need, only fly in ointment is ms cretin hop in dublin till saturday, im assuming she may have a bit of work getting home to galway on saturday what say ye? weather boffins, i have to admit this is amazing stuff it looks like being a special weather event in ireland for a change instead of much of nothing as we have as always:cool:

train is the way to go if it looks dodgy. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I wonder will we get a repeat of the snow we got last week here in Waterford. It seemed like the consistent low temps meant that two significant heavy snowfalls of a few hours each were well enough to have snow on the ground for days.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    unless we actually do get snow.

i honestly think, looking at all charts and forecasts that cork has a decent chance of between now and christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Roads gritted in South Tipp tonight. A day early?

Roads gritted in South Tipp tonight. A day early?

ice from tonights frost could be just as bad as snow for driving on in places.

yep think so thanks tony, she goes up once a week so she will be savvy on getting home, she is very determined, yes weather is a mixed blessing, but as other stated there is nothing we can do if it comes enjoy it for what it is;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

ice from tonights frost could be just as bad as snow for driving on in places.

Fair enough, didnt know it was expected to be frosty here tonight.

• Advertisement

yep think so thanks tony, she goes up once a week so she will be savvy on getting home, she is very determined, yes weather is a mixed blessing, but as other stated there is nothing we can do if it comes enjoy it for what it is;)

and we can dream of a white christmas. . :P :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Kerry calling Kerry calling, chance of whiteout blizzards over the weekend?

i honestly think, looking at all charts and forecasts that cork has a decent chance of between now and christmas.

*faints* some very happy kids around here.

Yep! made a few hundred sobs last year on belfast having snow, bit late now, i wish you could do doubles on weather lol! really like this new format being able to talk to people in same region, no more "is that snow in north dublin at 7pm, hold on its a sheet in my back yard guff" :rolleyes::)

lol im in wrong forum!! i cant keep track! anyhow enjoyed cork this week great ould spot hope ye get snow and loads of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I'm normally first to get snow, know your places...
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

It would help a lot if you all put your locations in your profile too. I'll be getting the time-lapse ready for this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Hoping for a dusting of the white stuff here in Dingle/Inch beach direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TentCrasher

I wantsno more of it:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

So quiet in here, where are all my fellow Munster night owls?
    When the snow comes i guess i can man the night shift:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement