Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster: Cold spell and snow discussion (15/12/2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

From what I can see this sounds good for everywhere really!! Nowhere will escape muhaaaaa!!

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

So quiet in here, where are all my fellow Munster night owls?
    When the snow comes i guess i can man the night shift:p

Well I'm just on my way from Killorglin to Killorglin via Wrexham UK, back tomorrow night. Temp has gone up 6 deg F overnight, now a beautiful morning.
    48 hours like this will suit me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Well I'm just on my way from Killorglin to Killorglin via Wrexham UK, back tomorrow night. Temp has gone up 6 deg F overnight, now a beautiful morning.
    48 hours like this will suit me fine.

Killorglin to Killorglin .... thats a bit of a detour through Wrexham :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Too many threads for me, despite the flotsam in the big, big thread, it was entertaining, I don't have the capacity to follow 5 threads essentially on the same subject.

Recommendations for other weather forums please.

gbee wrote: »
    Too many threads for me, despite the flotsam in the big, big thread, it was entertaining, I don't have the capacity to follow 5 threads essentially on the same subject.

Recommendations for other weather forums please.

Maybe just keep track of the main nationwide weather thread and this one for Munster? You'll prob get most of your info from them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Greetings fellow Munster dwellers. Since I'm an avid reader of the weather forum I said I'd better check in here.Heres hoping we have something coming our way over the weekend. I know from reading a few Cork posters that they will be huge disappoint if something doesn't materialise.Anyway I'm off to do my snow dance. And believe me thats not a pretty sight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

largepants wrote: »
    Greetings fellow Munster dwellers. Since I'm an avid reader of the weather forum I said I'd better check in here.Heres hoping we have something coming our way over the weekend. I know from reading a few Cork posters that they will be huge disappoint if something doesn't materialise.Anyway I'm off to do my snow dance. And believe me thats not a pretty sight!!

From MT Cranium: Full report in the weather forecast thread quote/

Wednesday, 15 December, 2010

Advance ALERT ... Rapid freeze likely on Thursday morning in north, by afternoon in south; cut ...

TODAY ... The calm before the storm, cut ....

THURSDAY ... The main feature of the day's weather will be a sudden change to much colder, wintry weather. The timing of that change will vary from morning in the mid-north, to late afternoon in the south coastal counties. cut ... even blizzards ...... endquote/

Anyone with children would want to take heed, don't leave them waiting for a bus, don't expect neighbours to collect them be more aware than usual of their activities and locations, outdoor sports would be a major concern.

There is a strong possibility of being cut off for a few hours until the front passes and the weather pattern settles [as much as it is going to].

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I don't think we're going to get much snow from this cold spell, the wind direction is against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

200motels wrote: »
    I don't think we're going to get much snow from this cold spell, the wind direction is against us.

Well it looks like nobody will know where the snow is going to be from this, look at what met.ie have posted and note the word random!!!!

"overnight frost and ice persisting by day in many areas in addition to random snowfall. "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

did i just read blizzards for the south:eek: *passes out*

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    did i just read blizzards for the south:eek: *passes out*

Jesus this is just too much for me!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Better happen now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Forecast for Thursday Cork city, breezy, nip in the air, rain.
    Forecast for the rest of the weekend, slightly nippy, light drizzle, occasional rain.
    Forecast for rest of country Snow Storm, blizzards, white out, helicopter lifts....etc. ** :cool:

** Disclaimer.
    The above forecast may not, in the slightest bit be even remotely accurate.

** Disclaimer.
    The above forecast may not, in the slightest bit be even remotely accurate.

Best part of your post:D

leahyl wrote: »
    Jesus this is just too much for me!!:eek:

me as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm hoping its nothing more than drizzle we get down here, driving from cork - limerick at 11 on friday night! :( Really don't have the patience for any more ice or snow now, can anyone make it stay away until christmas? :)

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm hoping its nothing more than drizzle we get down here, driving from cork - limerick at 11 on friday night! :( Really don't have the patience for any more ice or snow now, can anyone make it stay away until christmas? :)

Nope sorry:) No seriously though i'm sorry to hear that - it might be a bit annoying for you alright but take your time and you will be fine - and if it's not safe don't make the journey if you don't have to

DarkJager wrote: »

train!!!!!

whats this rain and wind business i'm see on thursday. :confused: go away rain, go to spain. although with our luck it would turn into snow

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Anyone have any idea how Limerick is going to fair out over the weekend, we are hoping for a good fall of snow :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Are we thinking its going to be bad in Waterford City? still have some christmas shopping to do and wont get a chance till Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

kryogen wrote: »
    Are we thinking its going to be bad in Waterford City? still have some christmas shopping to do and wont get a chance till Friday

I would say initially the problem for us will be icy roads, more likely to get snow Sun to Tues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

good to hear! can get my shopping finished hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

leahyl wrote: »
    Best part of your post:D

I have my fingers crossed that that "forecast" is the most inaccurate bit of shyte I have ever posted on the interweb. :D
    Off to the big city (Cork) now, to do my christmas shopping, in anticipation of the oncoming fun. :)

I have my fingers crossed that that "forecast" is the most inaccurate bit of shyte I have ever posted on the interweb. :D
    Off to the big city (Cork) now, to do my christmas shopping, in anticipation of the oncoming fun. :)

Enjoy! Hope i get my shopping done now at the weekend! Well the food shopping anyway - that's the most important thing!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

This is Gonna be another non event trust me ;):D

weisses wrote: »

And why should we trust you??:D

well i trust boards.ie when it comes to weather forecasting. so looking forward to some snow and the shield around cork to be broken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

200motels wrote: »

I wouldnt agree with you, you wont see much from Thur But fri night to Tuesday is not looking bad for snow, still very hard to pin down but here are some charts for a rough idea these are just out of the updated GFS RUN and these are only a rough idea. For newbies pink is snow:)

Friday night into Sat morn

prectypeuktopo.png

Saturday

prectypeuktopo.png

Monday

prectypeuktopo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

weisses wrote: »

Yeah, for you maybe seeing as you're in Dingle...ahahahahahaha :p

Enjoy you're rain! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

I do hope for leahyls and sunbabes sakes that we get plenty of snow. They are practically begging the snow Gods at this stage.I'm secretly hoping for lots myself. I've even promised the young lads we'd be building snowmen at the weekend. This better turn out as expected or they will be onto childline!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement