Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks & Spencer RIP OFF

Options
  • 15-12-2010 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know M&S are more expensive than other shops like Tesco and Dunnes, I'm not stupid and I know what to expect when I go into the shop, but today I was flabbergasted.

I was browsing through the fruit section when I saw a bag of satsumas for €4.69- yes, €4.69 for about 5-6 satsumas.
    I couldn't believe it- I checked the label on the netbag to see if they were some kind of special magic satsumas, but no, they were bog standard baby oranges and they were priced out the roof.

So my question is- what food item have you come across (in any shop) that you feel is overpriced?

Also, I saw Tesco were selling a pack of Pickle Flavour Crackers, in a bog standard packet, like biscuits, for €5. Yes €5 and when I questioned the assistant, thinking it was a mistake, she shrugged and said "That's the price."
    C'mon, let's have your rip-off food items

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Not really a consumer issue?

But anyway, Pistachio Nuts (my favorite nut) costs usually between €4-€6 in shops, although I get arguably nicer ones now in Lidl for €2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Pickle flavoured biscuits?

Thread should be moved to Humanities

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

How is this a consumer issue? If you don't like the price then walk away, nobody is putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy anything. M&S can sell them for 1,000e if they like its perfectly legal to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

fussyonion wrote: »
    Ok, I know M&S are more expensive than other shops like Tesco and Dunnes, I'm not stupid and I know what to expect when I go into the shop, but today I was flabbergasted.

I was browsing through the fruit section when I saw a bag of satsumas for €4.69- yes, €4.69 for about 5-6 satsumas.
    I couldn't believe it- I checked the label on the netbag to see if they were some kind of special magic satsumas, but no, they were bog standard baby oranges and they were priced out the roof.

So my question is- what food item have you come across (in any shop) that you feel is overpriced?

Also, I saw Tesco were selling a pack of Pickle Flavour Crackers, in a bog standard packet, like biscuits, for €5. Yes €5 and when I questioned the assistant, thinking it was a mistake, she shrugged and said "That's the price."
    C'mon, let's have your rip-off food items

I hear you pain but I think you might get more understanding over here
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=235 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Ripoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oh sorry, I haven't really posted much here so I wasn't sure where to post this topic. Sorry if I've "offended" you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thundercatho

Supply and demand.... If you really want them then you will buy them.... Not my cup of tea... would prefer some tesco cookies for less than 1 euro

Advertisement