Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nicest thing you've ever done for a boardsie?

• 15-12-2010 1:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

C'mon, show how much of a nice person you really are!

Me: Brought Christmas presents for poor kids abroad (ya know what i'm on about) in the van from Castlebar to Galway which had to be in Galway that evening to get on the truck/boat/plane/whatever - There was no way to get them there otherwise (Think the original transport method broke down or something - filled the whole back of a the van)

Nicest thing ever done for me: Really wanted to get something in Lidl but all sold out. A guy who's from Galway was passing a Lidl in another county and picked up the item for me and met me in Galway to give over the items

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Sent a naked picture of myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Tech Support :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well its gonna be hard to top that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Tech Support :(
    Nerd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I ' Thanked ' a few post's should keep them happy and it makes some people day..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Pics or gtfo!

wait.... That worked on you!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

saved someone 110 yoyo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Found a 32Gb iPhone on a bus last night that a woman in knee high leather boots left on her seat (only seen it as I was getting up for my stop) and so I handed it in to the driver as I got off.

Okay, maybe they were not a Boards.ie, but there is a high probability that they were considering the amount of members this site has and I'll be damned if I am passing up this opportunity to boast about my heart of gold :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

JohnCleary wrote: »
    C'mon, show how much of a nice person you really are!

Me: Brought Christmas presents for poor kids abroad.

I donated an internet connection to "poor kids abroad" so they could thank JohnCleary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I helped an old woman accross the street last week during the snow and ice. Dont know if she was on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

children browse this site so i cant reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I noticed an opinion someone had posted on here was wrong, not only that but they had misspelled several words in their post. So I took it upon myself to inform them of it. I'm sure they were most grateful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Me too.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I've kept my smart arse comments to myself several times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Had sex with one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Novella wrote: »
    Had sex with one.

Doesn't count as a nicest thing unless it was bad sex. So you just made that boardsie feel bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

irish-stew wrote: »
    I helped an old woman accross the street last week during the snow and ice. Dont know if she was on boards.

Deep snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

called them a bollocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Hunnymonster (Mod of the Athletics forum) ran from Malin Head to Mizen Head for charity earlier this year.

Discovered via boards that she, and her support team (including Amadeaus, another Mod) were staying in a hotel practically across the road from my house. I went over to the hotel see her off when she was setting off for that days running, even though she was setting off at 4am:eek:, and I had an exam a few hours later at 10am. Thought what she achieved doing that run was fantastic so it was the least I could do.......

Incidentally, they are the only 2 boardsies I have ever (knowingly) met in real life!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Doesn't count as a nicest thing unless it was bad sex. So you just made that boardsie feel bad.

I'm pretty sure he thought it was nice. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Had sex with one.

who was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

a boardsie bought me something that was posted in bargain alerts. dead nice of him considering i'd never met him or chatted with him before.

even gave me change for the item :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Me too.
    :(

Is that why you weren't included in the 'whose getting nekkid' poll Bollocko?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Had sex with one.

Snap.

Also, offered to pick something up in France and bring it home with me on Friday because it can't be bought in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

See now I think posting a naked picture of yourself would be a truly selfless act.:D
    orourkeda wrote: »
    called them a bollocks

dr bollocko ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

anal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

anal

thats it? one banal anal.. at least sharpshooter agreed to it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Star Bingo wrote: »

hold the show, there was agreeing?!

oh, says thanks. one sharpshooter thanked you for the anal

regardless of whether it were forced or not!

• Advertisement

I dunno, what's banal anal?

check the pricktionary! n stay logged in for a reply

tip: its not two words.

hang on, before i go to bed why the inquisition on banal anal did you pair really get it on? and sharpshooter it were anything but.. i take it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I donated my sense of humour to a boardsie. Just look at my last 4900 or so posts to see the terrible effect this has had on me.

hang on, before i go to bed why the inquisition on banal anal did you pair really get it on? and sharpshooter it were anything butt.. i take it??

FYP.:pac:

cheers for the stitch-up. put that one to bed before i did me anyhow.. hey Tar who did you give anal to

• Advertisement

several. the real question is who did i receive it from :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Gave many a boardsie advice on their Fantasy Football Team. Oh, the life i have lived!

several. the real question is who did i receive it from :eek:

ah yehr wtf.. ok then fine. going to bed, before my own curiosity leads me up an banal route

come take a swim in the banal canal

eheh.. will pass this once. g'nite there donnie soldier >

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Rang up a boardsie and fixed their comp for €300, plus if there ever is I power outtage I can recover their unsaved data on my hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

bought a few drink.
    sold some stuff to fellow boardsies.
    I've a mate on this who was the one to introduce me to boards
    nicest thing I done was post up about a laser card I found when I worked for the student bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I think they're a three girl eighties tribute band.

CorkMan wrote: »
    Rang up a boardsie and fixed their comp for €300, plus if there ever is I power outtage I can recover their unsaved data on my hard drive.

if the nicest thing you have done is charge 300e, dont want to see the worst :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I drove 30 miles and gave my beloved TV to a bordsie. I haven't had a TV since that faithful day in the Galway Shopping centres car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

CorkMan wrote: »

Errrr - doesn't that mean you stole all their data ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I don't think I've done anything particularly nice for any boardsie :o

Allright internets... As I'm feeling charitable today, here's your chance to get something from me.

First request for a favour sent to me by PM I will do if I can. (As long as it doesn't involve driving to Galway or something).

*Awaits the inevitable 17PM's asking me to never post on boards again*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That's when he just lies there and takes it, no dirty talk or anything.

So banal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Found a 32Gb iPhone on a bus last night that a woman in knee high leather boots left on her seat (only seen it as I was getting up for my stop) and so I handed it in to the driver as I got off.

Okay, maybe they were not a Boards.ie, but there is a high probability that they were considering the amount of members this site has and I'll be damned if I am passing up this opportunity to boast about my heart of gold :p

So you basically gave the driver a free iphone :P Did you even bother to look and see if there were any nude pics of her on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Out side of posting, sent a copy of XP Home to someone a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement