Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Video Game Character

Options
  • 15-12-2010 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

What is Your Favourite Video Game Character of All Time.

Mine is a Toss up Between Mario & Sonic. These are the pioneers of character base gaming and every generation of console brings these characters further out in front.

I think Mario shades it. The true Godfather of the Gaming World. Predictable But True.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

For me it's has to be Solid Snake. Great character when he was introduced on the Playstation & I am sure people have found memories from his early days on Nintendo. Very cool character.

Honorable mention to Crash Bandicoot.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

Raziel, of Nosgoth!
    Oh Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 danielmoran

Humans eh! wrote: »
    Raziel, of Nosgoth!
    Oh Yeah
    Who??

Who??

Who? ........ or what??? :eek:

"Soul Reaver"

For me it's has to be Solid Snake. Great character when he was introduced on the Playstation & I am sure people have found memories from his early days on Nintendo. Very cool character.

Honorable mention to Crash Bandicoot.:D

"Crash" on the PS2.... aaaah them was the days :)

My first ever console game to but was "Akuji - The Heartless" on the PS1
    Funny sometimes how a random thread can bring you right back in time..
    I'm gonna FO now and wallow in senseless nostalgia .... :D

• Advertisement

Legacy_Of_Kain-_Sould_Reaver_Cover.jpg
    I am Raziel, first-born of his lieutenants. I stood with Kain and my brethren at the dawn of the empire. I have served him a millennium. Over time, we became less human and more...divine. Kain would enter the state of change and emerge with a new gift. Some years after the master, our evolution would follow. Until I had the honor of surpassing my lord. For my transgression, I earned a new kind of reward...agony. There was only one possible outcome - my eternal damnation. I, Raziel, was to suffer the fate of traitors and weaklings - to burn forever in the bowels of the Lake of the Dead.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Kratos swiftly became a favourite of mine when I first played God Of War. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung are all time faves of mine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Lets see Miranda from Mass Effect 2 the woman who she's modeled on & voiced by is breathtaking(i'm watching way too much Seinfeld).Garrus from Mass Effect & Captain Price from COD both are characters that I cared about.Oh & Theresa from the Fable series who is voiced by some sultry sounding english woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Snake, Nathan Drake, Max Payne, Tommy Vercetti are a few of mine. Fairly obvious ones I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

George Stobbart.... by a mile ! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

139484.jpg`

Any other choice is merely an insect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 duffbeer2009

for me it has to be cloud strife, aeris gainsbrough and sephiroth from final fantasy 7........... legends!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Mii Hitler and Mii Hulk Hogan, together in a canoe.

Seriously, Kefka, Vega and Frog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 user18

Ah, good old Crash Bandicoot.

The most memorable character for me is probably Claude, the main character from Grand Theft Auto III. That game was simply amazing. I loved Final Fantasy X as well (don't hate me), and Auron was just such a badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tommy Vercetti, Max Payne, Nathan Dranke, Altair and Luigi (always felt he got a raw deal!!)

I also loved Thwomps and I've no idea why.

I loved Wario when he first appeared on the Gameboy and loved the game (Warioland) but now he's overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I tend to like the anti-heroes like:

Kratos
    Sephiroth
    Akuma

akuma-uf4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Toss-up between Nathan Drake, Tommy Vercetti and GLaDoS.

But GLaDoS wins. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Another vote for Shodan here. Fantastic character, and truly creepy. Honourable mentions for GLaDOS and Alex (Half Life) as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

me. the one i made in Fable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tough choice between Big Boss from the Metal Gear Solid games and Dante from Devil May Cry (not including Dante from DMC2, because that game doesn't exist. It was a bad dream, and they skipped DMC2 and just made DMC3 instead. Yes. That's what happened. DMC2 doesn't exist)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Ryu Hayabusa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Nobodies given mention to Simon Belmont yet so here's a shout out to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

117338-192431-ryu_super.jpg

Its gotta be Ryu

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JohnyDarko

Roger Wilco - resonates with me for some reason... mostly because hes also a sarcastic, naive, dismal failure except when he saves the world by accident. :/

sq5alt10.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Andrew Ryan was good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Uh. Kratos, Raziel, Urdnot Wrex, Sephiroth, Kazuya, Riddick. Does Riddick count?

Date Masamune from Sengoku Basara series.
    Frank Horrigan from...bonus points to anyone who knows this :P
    Freya from Final Fantasy 9

So yeah to many to just choose one,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Ryu or Smith from I-War 2

unless we can count zombies as well :pac:
    PlantsvsZombies-DancingZombie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Greyfox

For me theirs two characters that stand out way above the rest, also if I was to list my top 10 characters from games/films/books/tv etc combined these would still be my top 2, they are Sephiroth (FF7) and Greyfox (MGS), I can't decide on which is 1st and 2nd though

Sephiroths backstory builds him up as been not just the greatest soldier ever but quite possible the toughest games character ever, he really does have an air of invincibility about him. I loved the way other characters talk about him and all the "only Sephiroth could of done this", a "man with a dark cloak just walked through here" "Sephiroth was here" etc as it leaves you dying for his next appearance, a legend and a truely unforgettable character

Greyfox has got to be the most mysterious character ever. Killing soldiers, making random appearances and making statements that don't make sense (they'll make sense soon) does he want to kill you or help you or both? Is their something familiar about him? What does Naomi know about him? When you do get the answers it makes for a really superb backstory with another few twists also Snakes fight with Greyfox is so much fun and Greyfox makes quite a few memerable quotes, a very unique, unforgettable and cool character that no MGS fan will ever forget

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Gillian Seed from Snatcher.

Oh Kojima, how awesome you are!

448039-gill2_super.jpg

(Also +1 for the usual suspects. Cloud Strife, Solid Snake, Jill Valentine, Chris Refield, Lara Croft, Point Man [FEAR])

Oooh also.

846812-dedspgencncptisaacback_20copy_large.jpg

Kicka$$.

AND.

gordon_freeman.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement