Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Video Game Character

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kefka is better than Sephiroth. Fact.

Can't see why people like Kratos so much. To me he has very little personality especially in the second game. In that one Kratos acts like a spoil 10 year old brat that has a tantrum when he gets spanked by Zeus, only a very very violent tantrum. I suppose it was kind of funny seeing the excesses of violence Kratos would go to despite him being totally in the wrong.

Kudos on Gillian Seed. He was a great character and really well acted. Loved how he was a total perv and got in trouble all the time for it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Can't see why people like Kratos so much. To me he has very little personality especially in the second game. In that one Kratos acts like a spoil 10 year old brat that has a tantrum when he gets spanked by Zeus, only a very very violent tantrum. I suppose it was kind of funny seeing the excesses of violence Kratos would go to despite him being totally in the wrong.

I've never really understood Kratos myself either. Still haven't played the third game, so maybe i'm missing something really important, but he comes off as a total dick. Basically i'm angry, so i'll destory the world to get what i want. I get anti-hero's, but i just couldnt like Kratos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Crash Bandicoot
    Croc
    John 117

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well in the first game he had a very good reason to be angry. The second game however he is a complete cockend. I hear he is a bit more fleshed out in the PSP games though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Kudos on Gillian Seed. He was a great character and really well acted. Loved how he was a total perv and got in trouble all the time for it!

Why was the detectives daughter so dern hot?! You got kicked out of her house too then eh? :D

I'm currently playing through Policenauts and Jonathan Ingram is making me crack up too. I'm realising the stark Lethal Weapon similarities. (Hard to miss!).

Pc98pnauts.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Duke Nukem - no nonsense man
    Tanya from Command & Conquer - able to take out entire platoons and buildings in one go.

z

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

oh, Kane was fun in C&C and the first Red Alert. the commando in C&C was also excellent "that was left handed"

Maximillian Rovais in Eternal Darkness was cool too

chin_grin wrote: »
    Why was the detectives daughter so dern hot?! You got kicked out of her house too then eh? :D

She was also 14 not 18 in the japanese version which makes it worse. Must get around to Policenauts.

Found Claptrap to be quite amusing.

borderlands_claptrap.jpg

She was also 14 not 18 in the japanese version which makes it worse. Must get around to Policenauts.

:eek:

Those sick feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Sephiroth was something else altogether. He was incredibly intense, I actually wanted him to win, and although they may have aged poorly, his scenes in FFVII were extremely memorable! The scene with Nibleheim on fire or that scene at the end of FFVII
    Cloud Flying head first at him for one last battle, Sephiroth just looks up at him, calm as ever (even though he gets owned)
    I even liked him in Advent Children

Nathan Drake is the definition of childhood hero, even if we only got introduced to him on the PS3. I feel like he's been my idol since I was a kid. One of those "Wow, I want to be an climbing treasure hunter when I grow up!" His akward wit in dangerous situations is pure quality.

Revolver Ocelot is the final one. I'm willing to overlook the whole possessed thing (and the somewhat flimsy explanation of it) but all in all, this guy was awesome. I especially like him in MGS3, which probably puts me in the minority, but I loved the whole cheeky arrogance thing he had going on! "I love to reload in a battle..."

• Advertisement

HURT.ME.MORE!

Dunno why I liked the ninja\Grey Fox in MGS. I think it's cos he goes out in a blaze of glory at the end.

Another bada$$!

1103602005_mentsNinja.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Revolver Ocelot is the final one. I'm willing to overlook the whole possessed thing (and the somewhat flimsy explanation of it) but all in all, this guy was awesome. I especially like him in MGS3, which probably puts me in the minority, but I loved the whole cheeky arrogance thing he had going on! "I love to reload in a battle..."

Definitely not in the minority I think. Ocelot was just brilliant in MGS3. The genesis of one of the best characters ever in my opinion. I actually had trouble choosing between Solid Snake, Big Boss and Ocelot (though I still think Big Boss wins). Ocelot in the games was brilliant, even with the possession stuff, but Ocelot in MGS3 was spellbinding. Everything he did was exciting. Everything he said was interesting. And throughout it all you never knew whether to hate him or not. A brilliant character

Tell you what though, they ruined him in MGS4 and the whole arm thing in MGS2 was beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Deserving of another mention, Solid Snake...

mgs-misc04.jpg&t=1

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 meallat

sonic ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

For me it's either....

Ryu................. Street Fighter
    Duke Nukem ..... eh... Duke Nukem lol
    Star Killer......... Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 & 2

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The Pigs in Hogs of War.

Jools
    Jop
    Stoo
    RJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Toejam & Earl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Jools
    Jop
    Stoo
    RJ

Oh yes. Man i need to download that game and relive the good'ole days.

Another from MGS series. That black girl in MGS2. I forget her name but bullets wizz around her and she wanted to die. I have a feeling that im missing one character that is the deepest video game character ever, but i dont know who it is....

-Edit- ARTHAS! Yes. Man his fall from grace only to become king, OF THE SCOURGE! World of Warcraft: Wotlk intro got me pumped for that game on so many levels. Illidan and Grom Hellscream also should get a mention on here.

• Advertisement

Oh yes. Man i need to download that game and relive the good'ole days.

Got it from GoG today in the sale and it reminded me of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Nathan Drake, Victor "Sully" Sullivan and Chloe all from Uncharted Amongst Thieves. Best game ever on the PS3 btw. Just finished it again for the 10th time. Now if I could only muster the enthusiasm to complete Black Ops (what a disappointing game!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

What's not to like about Tifa from FFVII?
    Tifa.jpg

Aesthetics aside, I'd have to say Chun Li or Ryu from SF2.

street-fighter-ryu-chunli-storm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Another from MGS series. That black girl in MGS2. I forget her name but bullets wizz around her and she wanted to die. I have a feeling that im missing one character that is the deepest video game character ever, but i dont know who it is....

Fortune is the woman you're thinking of. I agree, her character and story were brilliant. Loved the music that came on when she talked too.

Another from the MGS series that I loves was The Boss. Best female character ever in my opinion. Like Ocelot, you could never tell what she'd do or say next. Loved her.

Another character would be Tommy Vercetti, my favourite of all the GTA protagonists. Yet I don't know why. I think it was just that he didn't need someone to tell him what to do. He'd come up with the plans. He'd essentially give himself most of the missions. He was his own boss, whereas the others jumped from employer to employer. Tommy needed something done, he'd go see someone who could help him. Do a few missions for them, and they'd become friends. None of the others really felt like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Quina from FFIX. Everyone else seems to hate him/her but s/he never failed to make me laugh. Excellent theme music and the wedding in Conde Petite is one of my favourite video game scenes ever.

Also:
    Hix from Suikoden 1 and 2 is a character I could really identify with
    Um Jammer Lammy is another character I felt an affinity for
    GLaDOS needs no explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Xluna wrote: »
    What's not to like about Tifa from FFVII?
    Tifa.jpg

The Tifa I grew up with was....*ahem* better endowed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

RedXIV wrote: »
    The Tifa I grew up with was....*ahem* better endowed :D

Ah, that was just the slim line version released in Japan.:D

tifa-ff7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Manny Calavera.

Also, Doom guy

<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Link

search%3Fq%3Dlink%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26biw%3D1579%26bih%3D605%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=418&vpy=247&dur=1134&hovh=235&hovw=214&tx=120&ty=78&page=1&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement