Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nanny State

Options
  • 15-12-2010 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Cannot buy a bottle of wine after 10pm. Poor us cannot be trusted to take responsibility for our own actions, lucky we have solid legistation to look after our best interest.....:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

123MEE wrote: »
    Cannot buy a bottle of wine after 10pm. Poor us cannot be trusted to take responsibility for our own actions, lucky we have solid legistation to look after our best interest.....:rolleyes:

Nothing to do with a nanny state at all, rather to protect the interests of the Publicans. It was the VFI that lobbied for and got this law change IIRC.

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 123MEE

did it do them any good?

No, it was a typically gombeen short-sighted measure that did nothing to improve their trade. King Canute shouting at the waves............

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

No, it was a typically gombeen short-sighted measure that did nothing to improve their trade. King Canute shouting at the waves............

Nate
    Nothing to do with a nanny state at all, rather to protect the interests of the Publicans. It was the VFI that lobbied for and got this law change IIRC.

Nate

Thanks for signing your post there, my eyes can't move the 40mm required to see who posted it there.

Thanks for signing your post there, my eyes can't move the 40mm required to see who posted it there.

You are very welcome, anything I can do to make your life easier.....

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is the consumer issues forum, not a blog.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement