Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Codes

Options
  • 15-12-2010 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Was walking up SCR today and noticed that Leonards Corner appears to have been given a post code. Theres a sign just over the regular street sign bearing the code which is about six or seven digits long. It seems the department of communications plans to give us all post codes is near to fruition though it says nothing on their website. Has anyone else spotted one or was i just imagining it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah, I've seen a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

Yep have one above the street sign on my road...

Now the fun starts....
    "what post code do you live in?"
    "eh..... I can't remember!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

why is it being changed

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

i think its a stupid idea. i vow never to use it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

bluefinger wrote: »
    Was walking up SCR today and noticed that Leonards Corner appears to have been given a post code. Theres a sign just over the regular street sign bearing the code which is about six or seven digits long. It seems the department of communications plans to give us all post codes is near to fruition though it says nothing on their website. Has anyone else spotted one or was i just imagining it?

They are not "REAL" post codes, just adds for Garmin Sat Nav & Loc8Codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

It's part of a treasure hunt game thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

They are not "REAL" post codes, just adds for Garmin Sat Nav & Loc8Codes.

Thanks for that, they look fairly official though. Saw one today on Dame Street and could just about make out the Garmin part. Viral sihts!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

They should be prosecuted for littering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

orourkeda wrote: »
    why is it being changed

Mainly so that junk mailers can track their campaigns better. There are some other reasons, partly good, but mainly red herrings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement