Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best deal on an xbox 360 at the mo?

• 15-12-2010 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Wouldnt mind picking one up.....for myself! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Bumpidy. Getting the slim for Christmas and would like to know what the best deals are on the 250GB!

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

€250 with one game is the best deal I have found on the 250GB.

Don't hold your breath regarding getting one for christmas though, I've tried virtually all over the south-east and have had no luck. Stores haven't got them in and don't seem too bothered about making an effort to get more in either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

is there any major downfall to the 4gb one?
    My friends fiance asked me to check them out. Don't see him downloading movies/games etc?

is there any major downfall to the 4gb one?
    My friends fiance asked me to check them out. Don't see him downloading movies/games etc?

I would steer clear of the 4gb one, it's really only good for very casual gamers or people who are upgrading from an old/broken model. There isn't a hard drive on it, the memory is 4gb internal flash memory, good for saving your game progress only, and you would be surprised how many games now will either require you to install a portion of the disc onto the hard drive, or will be offering free or charged downloadable content you'll miss out on because you've got no place to store it. Some newer games won't even run on it, and you won't be able to buy downloaded classic games, map packs, game add ons, etc. ALL of the biggest games offer that stuff nowadays, usually within a few months of releasing the game. It's just part of the games business sales model these days.

Consoles with large storage are becoming more and more utilised by games developers to push what their games can do nowadays. This 4gb model is behind the curve even now, I have a 20 GB first generation model and i'm constantly struggling with the amount of free space on the hard drive. If you go with the 4gb model you'll pretty much have no option but to buy an add on HDD at a later stage if you plan on it lasting any length of time, and that will bump up the price you pay considerably compared to getting a deal on a HDD model off of game or gamestop, particularly with some of the christmas deals that are available now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Anyone know where you can pick up the 4 or 20gb xbox console in newbridge or kildare tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

picked up the 4gb kinect pack for €299 in extravision yesterday...wouldnt really have botheered but the GF wnated to try out the fitness games (which seem excellent)....was sorry i couldnt get the 250gb but there sold out all over the shop and the 250GB drives can be bought for €80 at the minute....would the prices of these drop if generic versions come out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 belhaven fan

slickmcvic wrote: »
    picked up the 4gb kinect pack for €299 in extravision yesterday...wouldnt really have botheered but the GF wnated to try out the fitness games (which seem excellent)....was sorry i couldnt get the 250gb but there sold out all over the shop and the 250GB drives can be bought for €80 at the minute....would the prices of these drop if generic versions come out?

If you look up the 250gb slim hard drive on ebay.ie, they are 50 to 60 euro. Lots available on the buy it now option. Dont know how much postage is though. They come mostly from the UK but some are from Hong Kong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i bought a new arcade model for 96euro today

i'm sure i can add a hard drive to it later

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Is there something I'm missing if you just get the 4gb xbox 360 and buy a standalone 250gb hard drive?

Is the 4gb xbox the new 'slim' model?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I picked up the 4GB in game for 299 with kinect, kinect sports and forza 3 with all the dlc

If I got a kinect wifi add on and two games it worked at as 275 euros so getting a new xbox was the better deal

Have a xbox 120gb but i took the HD form that into the new one

Advertisement