Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awake @ 5.15am

• 15-12-2010 6:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭

There appears to be only 3 situations which will find me awake at this hour;

(1) The arse end of an epic night out

(2) Going to airport for an early flight

(3) When I'm absolutely fuckered for an exam

I wish I could say this time was one of the first two.

So what are your reasons my unearthly hour of the morning patrons of After Hours?

Edit: Gah; damn boards.ie stoopid slow clock making me look stoopid!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

No 4: Bringing a child swimming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

why not ask the same question to a stranger out on the road sometime.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

1. Cup of tea now and ready to collapse. I really shouldn't have went out tonight but eff it. Was a mad one and well worth it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

baby has just started sleeing proper hours, but its too late, i am now insominac.....so i spend hours looking at her sleeeping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Up for work, sigh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Drank myself into oblivion the other night and messed up the old body clock, have to work in about 2 hours too and I'm still poxy hungover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The funny thing is that there are currently 900 people on boards but only 10 posts in the last half hour.
    Must be the Lurking Hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I got up early to just go over last years past-paper for an exam. This is an improvement over last year where I stayed up all night studying only to miss the exam due to passing out sometime around 8am and not waking up until 2pm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Shift work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Rabies wrote: »

Pah, I see your 3am and 4am club and rise you a 5am club. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Same as yourself tonight OP.

Bar the obvious ones of night's out, a fairly regular one for me is being caught in an online poker tournament, you can't leave till you're knocked out. Had one of my most triumphant moments at half 6 on a monday morn alone in my room

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭EriT

airport =(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Cramming my little heart out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm waiting for my boyfriend to get here 'cause I don't wanna go asleep without him. Not in a cute way... I just wake up when I hear him opening the door and the confusion of sleep makes me think that someone is breaking in and that I'm about to be killed. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Sleep's over rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Im constantly having trouble getting to bed on time - I hate going to, and getting out of bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Also exam ****erage over here

After pulling an all nighter in Friday for and exam Saturday I swore I wouldn't allow myself to get in this position again...yet here I am, shame on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

cson wrote: »
    Pah, I see your 3am and 4am club and rise you a 5am club. :cool:

I see your 5am and raise you a 12hr time zone ahead of you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

alas studying too, but iv worked it in such a way that i just got up, sorry to all those who havent gone to bed yet.......did that last year evryting just flew outta my head as soon as i left for the exam

dont have an exam til fri but its a 9 o clock so i want to get my body used to going to bed at 9 and getting up at 6

all-nighters really are over rated, nearly missed too many exams from passing out at 9 in the morning so f**k dat this year

good luck to all those studying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

marglin wrote: »
    alas studying too, but iv worked it in such a way that i just got up, sorry to all those who havent gone to bed yet.......did that last year evryting just flew outta my head as soon as i left for the exam

dont have an exam til fri but its a 9 o clock so i want to get my body used to going to bed at 9 and getting up at 6

all-nighters really are over rated, nearly missed too many exams from passing out at 9 in the morning so f**k dat this year

good luck to all those studying

Yeah I think I agree with ye to a certain extent, if you stay up all night studying and go in for a 9 o'clock exam you tend to forget the stuff, what I'm doing is staying up and heading to college soon to get a bit more done before my exam at 3. I think its easier to remember the material when you've been out and about for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Doing college assignments, not going too well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Spunge wrote: »
    Doing college assignments, not going too well :(
    Obviously not :p.

I've just discovered that the number 6 is broken on my calculator, so I'm really hoping that I don't have to use that number at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

All that time I spent in collage perfecting how to pull the perfect all-nighters every Thursday has beck-fired. I'm an expert. Where's a nice place to work nights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

5:18....long story

......blah blah blah..blah

woman.......

blah....blah....blah...

5:19 long story....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Novella wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my boyfriend to get here 'cause I don't wanna go asleep without him. Not in a cute way... I just wake up when I hear him opening the door and the confusion of sleep makes me think that someone is breaking in and that I'm about to be killed. :o

Strangely, This made me laugh.

Shiftwork. No bosses about, not much work to do...it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

In Sydney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Insomnia : simply could not manage to get to sleep tonight.

So I'm reading through the messages on the bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

ardinn wrote: »
    Im constantly having trouble getting to bed on time - I hate going to, and getting out of bed!
    Story of my life mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Great thread, nice to see i'm not alone..

This happens me every so often.. it's mainly caused by my addiction to the 'net..!

I lack any real need to get up early. No job and college doesn't really bother me. Even though this year i'm on the verge of failing..

I too much for granted to be honest, shame on me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hi 6am club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Up at 04.45am for work but to much snow so staying at home !

cannot get back to sleep now that Im awake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Gay-ass college assignments :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 juniper2008

hondasam wrote: »
    Up at 04.45am for work but to much snow so staying at home !

cannot get back to sleep now that Im awake.

where's it snowing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Its the time I got up this morning to be in work for 7.
    And I live in C.E.T. so that makes it 4:15 Irish time!!

Too early :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nearly 7am club :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 juniper2008

Ok, so it's nearly 7AM, i've been awake since about 10pm last night..

What time is everybody else up since?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Up from 5:30am, going to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

where's it snowing?

snowing in Galway and Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

hondasam wrote: »
    snowing in Galway and Mayo.

You can add Donegal to that, and probably Sligo. Some schools closed - again.

Noreen

• Advertisement

It's 8am - I've been awake since 6:30. Have an exam at 9:30 and have to get a bus at about 8:30 to take me to where the exam is. I got up early to study, but spent the majority of that time on boards.

Damn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Novella wrote: »

well statistically your boyfriend is more likely to murder you than some stranger breaking in.
    Sweet dreams :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

derfderf wrote: »
    well statistically your boyfriend is more likely to murder you than some stranger breaking in.
    Sweet dreams :D
    i nearly fell off the chair laughing at this
    brilliant:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

cson wrote: »
    So what are your reasons my unearthly hour of the morning patrons of After Hours?

I am usually up getting ready for work close to that time (5.30am)

Advertisement