Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for Greystones Medical Centre

Options
  • 15-12-2010 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all,

Where do those of you that frequent Greystones Medical Centre on Church Road beside Fenton Fires park??? The only options I see are Supervalu and walk up or Hillside (if you're lucky) and walk down.

I have been very ill before and had to walk (what felt like) miles to get there after parking.

Any tips appreciate....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

All parking in that area is "paid parking" unfortunately. The nearest free area is in Heathervue but in your case that is too far away. Maybe the solicitor's office next door to the doctor's surgery will allow you to park in their area if you ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    All parking in that area is "paid parking" unfortunately. The nearest free area is in Heathervue but in your case that is too far away. Maybe the solicitor's office next door to the doctor's surgery will allow you to park in their area if you ask nicely.

I doubt that, virtually everyone that goes to the Doctor is ill to some degree, their carpark would be permanently full of patients' cars.

Ample parking at the Charlesland surgery and its usually fairly easy to park at the Harbour practise also - if you're seriously immobile you should consider moving to one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Gosh no - I'm not immobile. I just wondered if there was some secret place that I didn't know of that's nearer than I thought.

For personal reasons I'm not going to change practise. My husband uses the Charlesland one and, I agree, I'm very envious of the parking situation.

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

AFAIK the centre is moving down to the harbour in the new year. I haven't heard of any dates but I'm sure if you ask any of the staff they'll tell you whatever info they have.

It will be great to be able to park closer to it. I don't have problems walking but twice I've pulled up and put on the warning lights to drop off an OAP with a broken foot. Gardai let me know they weren't happy with it! :D (it was around the corner at the side enterance)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

neelyohara wrote: »
    AFAIK the centre is moving down to the harbour in the new year. I haven't heard of any dates but I'm sure if you ask any of the staff they'll tell you whatever info they have.

they're moving to the new Medical Centre in the harbour development, but if thats ready before 2012 I'll be very surprised.

• Advertisement
Advertisement