Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public Service bonuses

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

andyyupyup wrote: »
    Lets generalise and slate Public Servants
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andyyupyup
    'something about lets all hold hands and talk about how not to blame public servants are'.

aren't all public servants idiots?

The topic above was started by 'bigneacy' - a fine example of the problems this country is currently suffering from. Thank you to the Mod who locked it.

Anyway if anyone would like to view what I said in my post it can be seen above. There is no reference to the quote used by bigneacy and it does not represent anything that I said.

awh lighten up... do you need a hand getting that stick outta yer arse?! It was obviously a joke. I was responding to a thread in AH by posting a thread in AH.

Are you by any chance a public servant in charge of political correctness? Cos you've that kinda of humourless personality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Degsy wrote: »
    You do realise that what you've just said is borderline libelous?

I love this forum..you cant say asylum seekers are costing the country money,you cant say a lot of travellers are on the dole,you cant say all Beatles fans are gay but you CAN accuse 350,000 people in the public service of bleeding the country white through sheer lazyness...a load of shiite tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

bigneacy wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I don't think there is any talent in Public Service. Private sector gets the talent because it pays better.

As a private sector worker who has spent a couple of years working with civil servants, this is untrue.

There are lots of very talented people in the Public Service.

I do however feel that a lot of these talented people aren't properly recognised under the current HR/Performance Management systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭gothicus

hardCopy wrote: »
    As a private sector worker who has spent a couple of years working with civil servants, this is untrue.

There are lots of very talented people in the Public Service.

I do however feel that a lot of these talented people aren't properly recognised under the current HR/Performance Management systems.

talented at what exactly?? its not right to tar Private or Public sectors workers with the same brush but clearly the management persons in the boardrooms of the banking sector have screwed this county to the point of bankruptcy and beyond, they should have used their talents better but are laughing while sunning themselves the the canneries while the country get fully flushed down the toilet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

ah sure while were at it we may as well give hitler the nobel peace prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

drdeadlift wrote: »
    ah sure while were at it we may as well give hitler the nobel peace prize.

To be fair, there's been very little trouble from Germany since hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

gothicus wrote: »
    talented at what exactly?? its not right to tar Private or Public sectors workers with the same brush but clearly the management persons in the boardrooms of the banking sector have screwed this county to the point of bankruptcy and beyond, they should have used their talents better but are laughing while sunning themselves the the canneries while the country get fully flushed down the toilet

Do you want a list? Good computer programmers, good managers, good detectives, good cleaners etc.

I'm not sure what bank board members have to do with this thread.

My point is that I have personally met lots of talented people in the Public Service, there IS talent in the public service, talented public servants do exist. Whether or not you think there is enough talent in the right places is another matter entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Anyone one remember that excellent TV programme years ago called 'Yes Minister'? It was a about a British Ministers daily interaction with the Civil Servants in his department and how they 'played' him. It was years ahead of it's time. I think the senior Civil Servants have a lot to answer for in this country. Politicians and ministers come and go but they remain at the wheel. A wheel they weren't steering very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Yes minister is nothing like the cronyism that went on here with FF, banks and developers. Blinded by greed not ineptitude IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement