Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Legend Update to 2.2

• 15-12-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just got my HTC Legend updated over the network to 2.2 this week. Overall im happy with the update but ive noticed a few things.

1. The first few hours the phone was very slow and laggy moving between screen. I checked a few things and after about 3 reboots it seems fine now.

2. I can no longer have a separate image for the lock screen to the background image.

3. When I end a Web Browser window using Adv Task Killer, the last page I viewed opens when I open the browser again, which makes me believe its not fully ended. I used the force close option and that works but i have to do that individually for each app.

4. Some Apps that previously when ended would stay ended after using ATK, now are restarting automatically. This I think is linked to point 3 that the ATK "Kill" option is not stopping the app the same way as it did in 2.1

A few points i like the flashlight and app sharing and I think im getting a few extra hours from the battery so all in all, im a happy user. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 robrieguez

Found my Legend to be the same after the update but after a few reboots I find it to be faster than it was before.

The whole experience seems slicker and there's a few nice additions
    ( becoming your own wifi hotspot in particular )

It took long enough to come but better late than never I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

I am going to update to 2.2 this morning

Vengeance, just wondering on point 3, does it work if you remove adv task killer and reinstall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

beefjerky wrote: »
    I am going to update to 2.2 this morning

Vengeance, just wondering on point 3, does it work if you remove adv task killer and reinstall?

I had two updates for my phone, 1st was a maintenance update (pre 2.2 according to some websites) then the actual 2.2 update to you may need to check for updates twice.

I will uninstall and reinstall ATK now and see what happens.

I will uninstall and reinstall ATK now and see what happens.

Ok reinstalled and it does appear to be ending the tasks correctly now. The only thing that restarts is my K9 Mail app, but that may be due to some background syncing setting I need to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Ok reinstalled and it does appear to be ending the tasks correctly now. The only thing that restarts is my K9 Mail app, but that may be due to some background syncing setting I need to fix.

Nice one - i updated to 2.2 there now and reinstalled the task killer.

Much slicker feel to it, the graphics are smoother going into /out of apps and app2sd is great to have too.

• Advertisement

I do like 2.2 alot, but I wish I could have seperate pics for background and lock screen like I did on 2.1.

Advertisement