Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windscreen washer pump

• 15-12-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭

I went to a motor factors to get a washer pump for a 2001 Toyota Yaris but they said I'd have to go to a main dealer or get one secondhand.

Does anyone know of somewhere I could get one in Limerick without giving a main dealer a big Christmas present? I'm fairly new to Limerick so if you could mark it on a map I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Try Autozone in Eastway Business Park as most mechanics go there.

Also very close 2nd is Catherdral Brakes just off Mulgrave Street on Catherdral place. Around the corner from the fire station. Blink and you will miss it.

Also try D&D Motor Factors next to the Milk Market on High Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Give a few of the scrap yards around a try.

Bob Sweeney in Castleconnell 061 - 377496
    Longs Garage Drombanna 061 - 414948

There's a place out near Ballyclough too but I can't find the number. I think it's McManus's scrap yard.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

None of the motor factors (Autozone, Limerick Brakes, Limerick motor Factors, D&D etc) will be able to source this for you.

First thing I'd do is check the price at Toyota main dealer (I use Brian Geary Toyota, Rathkeale, 069-64300). If it turned out to be 25 euro or so there would be no point in looking for a secondhand one.

The other option is the car dismantlers. The largest dismantlers in the area is Autobreak in Ballysheedy (about 4 miles from city), 061-311858. Also try Dave O'Riordan Ballyneety 061-351930, and Sweeney's/Long's as previously advised.

If you still can't locate one PM me as a mate has at least one Yaris scrapped.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've bought small parts online from a toyota dealer in dublin.

http://www.cranleycars.ie/

I bought a hub cap from before.

I bought a windscreen washer bottle and pump from bobby sweeney before for a integra I think. Wasn't much.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

The guys in geary's toyota are spot on...they wont take you for a ride and are honest with the pricing.

Look to talk to kevin or alan in the spares department.

To make ordering easier its handy to have your chassis number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

Thanks guys I'll make a few more calls today.

Edit: Bob Sweeney's price €30
    Toyota Dealer (O Mara Motors) : €58 plus VAT

No competition there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

nathan184 wrote: »
    Thanks guys I'll make a few more calls today.

Edit: Bob Sweeney's price €30
    Toyota Dealer (O Mara Motors) : €58 plus VAT

No competition there.

Got one on ebay uk if anyone who has the same problem . Look for a twin outlet yaris pump E6314 I think. About 60e inc delivery. False economy used, not worth the hassle of taking a used one out after a year or two if it even lasts that long.

Advertisement