Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triathy Double olympic

• 15-12-2010 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    Just wondering did anyone here anything about this. Just saw it mentioned on FB but no details yet about it, as far as I could see anyway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

Yep, noticed that on FB...Nice distance - would be interested in the details. Swore off Athy given the monster it has now become, but this distance might be hard to avoid:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭nutzzz123

it may be ideal if its on in the summer months june/july.

nutzzz123 wrote: »
    it may be ideal if its on in the summer months june/july.

I presume they'll have to run it on the same weekend as regular TriAthy...highly unlikely they would reset everything for what would be a niche distance.

Good location (would probably favour it over the Sperrin HIM - same weeknd- based on access), but lumped in with either sprint or Oly would be a bit of a pain in the ar$e, and as for doing that run course 4 times....:mad:

Izoard wrote: »
    I presume they'll have to run it on the same weekend as regular TriAthy...highly unlikely they would reset everything for what would be a niche distance.

Good location (would probably favour it over the Sperrin HIM - same weeknd- based on access), but lumped in with either sprint or Oly would be a bit of a pain in the ar$e, and as for doing that run course 4 times....:mad:

Cant figure out this multi quote business but anyway....

it would be wise to hold it on the same weekend alright

I havent done athy so i know nothing about the course, was planning in doing the oly in 2011 but now may go for the double if its on the same weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

Its down on the calendar as the 4th so same weekend.

http://triathlonireland.com/races-and-events-calendar.html

• Advertisement

nomadic wrote: »
    Its down on the calendar as the 4th so same weekend.

http://triathlonireland.com/races-and-events-calendar.html

4th means in tandem with the Oly distance (or Try Athy distance..:)) participants so...

4th means in tandem with the Oly distance (or Try Athy distance..:)) participants so...

I think i maybe in for that one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

double try athy oly distance... so whats that, a 60km bike ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Yep, noticed that on FB...Nice distance - would be interested in the details. Swore off Athy given the monster it has now become, but this distance might be hard to avoid:)

I also see a 'Long Distance' event in Killarney on 27/8/11 but no details available.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 anfearruaaris

Theres also a half distance on May 14th hosted by Tri an Mhi.

It'll be based in Collinstown Co Westmeath and will be
    1.9km Swim, 90km Cycle, 21.1km Run, Details to follow on their facebook page

• Advertisement

Registration for this opened last night.
    Anyone doing this, Looks ideal for someone doing an ironman this year, especially with the swim being 3km

Anyone sign up for this in the end?

I'm signed up for the Tri an Mhi HIM, but might throw this into the mix as well...

just bumping this up,
    so guys, whos doing it?

I'm in...not a great fan of the crowds @ this event, but it is good timing and no overnight required.

Hoping the weather will be better than the Tri an Mhi HIM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭griffin100

I was tempted but not at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

griffin100 wrote: »
    I was tempted but not at that price.

same as myself !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 feelyd

You have to buy a license for the day as well or is that included in the price ?

feelyd wrote: »
    You have to buy a license for the day as well or is that included in the price ?

You'll need to pay the ODL in addition, if you don't have a 2011 TI license.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 feelyd

Well steep or not, it's cheaper than any gym, plus it's give's you a lot more motivation to get off the couch !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

I'm in...not a great fan of the crowds @ this event, but it is good timing and no overnight required.

Best of luck..
    I was tempted myself..but settled for the Olympic. Keeping my energy for Galway 70.3:)
    See you there may be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭griffin100

At €95 the only motivation I get from this race is to stay in bed. I did the Tri An Mhi HIM a couple of weeks ago for €65 and got a decent technical t shirt and a great course. I've done the Athy OD race for the last two years and it's gotten more crowded each year with a pretty boring draft friendly bike course and a run route that would be boderline dangerous in wet conditions. I'll give Athy a miss I think for the foreseeable future.

911sc wrote: »
    Best of luck..
    I was tempted myself..but settled for the Olympic. Keeping my energy for Galway 70.3:)
    See you there may be

I've yet to be convinced to pay the IM premium for a HIM:rolleyes:

If I survive Roth, I'll look to do Kenmare, but at this point it is looking more like 2012 for that one.

Good to see you are getting back into it and the injuries haven't kept you down for long....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Good to see you are getting back into it and the injuries haven't kept you down for long....

well, not long felt like an eternity to me.. March 2010 to winter 2011.

Feeling good these days.. My "10kms * 2 is not 20kms" thread of Jan11 is way behind me..
    So now running 3 times per week to work in the morning and back home in the evening, and not always using the shortest route. Approx 70kms @8:10 per mile average which is very good for me... But most importantly.. I ENJOY EACH OF THESE RUNS, MOJO IS BACK:cool:

Back racing as well... did W.A.R few weeks back, first race since DCM 2009!

911sc wrote: »
    Back racing as well... did W.A.R few weeks back, first race since DCM 2009!

Good to see it...enjoy the rest of the season!

It seems the Double OLY participants wil be in Waves I & II - no hanging around for hours waiting for your wave...result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Anybody know where I can sell a Triathy race entry? Had entered the Olympic
    but I'm unable to take part.

Not a big fan of the run course, but overall a great event.
    Getting out in the first wave, meant you avoided all the waiting around - result!

Advertisement