Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for Dad and Brother. Under €20?

• 15-12-2010 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Ok so I pretty sure that Dads and Brothers are impossible for everyone but this year I can't really afford to spend much more than €20 on either of them and the gifts have to something that will fit into my Hand Luggage. Whic basically rules out anything big, liquid or sharp. :(

My Dad's in his sixties, likes classical music (but already has a ton of cds that he never listens to), indian food, boating, reading...etc.

My brother is in his mid 20's, is into music, history, computer (only a little), I suppose he's kinda outdoorsie-ish.

Ugh, they're really impossible. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Dunnes or pennys Shirts, t-shirts, jumper, pjs. Aftershave (under 100ml) tommy boy was 16 € in boots the other day.

Alcohol.

If they don't drink, maybe find out some info on what kind of books your dad likes and buy one (particularly if you find a writer he likes there might be a book in their series that he doesn't have), and maybe a wallet or something for your brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Your brother have a laptop?
    Get him one of those laptop sleeves.

For your Dad, some nautical stuff from an antique market/shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye if you're going through a DutyFree maybe a bottle of something for your dad/brother (even if only to go with something else you get them).
    A nice leather wallet is good, if you could find a book on one of the things your dad likes - does he like cooking? you could get one on indian cuisine that he could try for himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I had the exact same problem this year, hand luggage and all, wound up going to waterstones and picking up interest-orientated books. There are loads of really good history books out there for your brother, and I guess if your dads a reader you will know yourself what kind of books he tends to have his nose in!

• Advertisement
Advertisement