Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed! Eircom BB and Netgear DG834PN router

• 15-12-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

All sorted, lock away mods :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 casiof91w

I would check the manual of the modem and make sure the light that indicates you have dsl sync is lit correctly.

Then check tcp/ip settings....in control panel go to network and sharing centre then select change adapter settings then right click on the local area connection (while hear make sure it says connected and not limited or no connectivity or not connected)...then on the new screen that opens select internet protocol tcp/ip V4 and press the properties button.

Obtain IP address automatically should be ticked and the dns should be set to automatic also.

Then I would try and ping....so go to start, all programs, accessories and in here right click on command prompt and select run as administrator.

when command prompt is open type in ping www.google.ie and press enter....If you successfully ping www.google.ie you will see at the end of the info that appears below what you typed PACKETS SENT 4 RECEIVED 4 LOST 0........if unsuccessful you will see request timed out or destination host unreachable something like that

then try ping googles ip address so type in ping 74.125.230.80 and see what response you get

The modem may be configured incorrectly there is extra settings in netgear modems compared to the modems eircom send you...give the above a go anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Thanks Casiof91w :)

You were pretty much bang on there.

Eircom support just rang me and talked me through all the pings and stuff.

Had to change the IP address to obtain automatically as you said :)

Working a treat now.

Cheers! :D

Advertisement