Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland wants to play for Ireland........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'd pay to see his return match just to boo him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That article could have been written by anyone. It doesn't even say who Ireland allegedly made his comments to. It's not really a story, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Just as his club career is going steadily downhill, he wants to come back. He should never be allowed play for Ireland again. He clearly has no pride in playing for his country and just wants to boost his club career.

I will be disgusted if he is allowed back, especially by Trap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Id wait till its reported in other places but its not the reason why i'd want him coming back even though id always thought id be happy to see him come back. Despite the fact that its true playing for Ireland / any games at all would give him more of a chance of impressing and thus getting his game for Villa or any club that could try to take him from Villa but he should want to come back to Ireland because he feels some pride in wearing the shirt and wants to put one of the biggest messes of his career behind him not for this reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

haha knew he would coming crawling back to put himself in the shop window again :)

its a lesson to us all to never burn your bridges

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

[Pink car picture]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If he wants to play again Id say why the hell not.Grand,he is a bit mad and he kinda shat on the country however with a team as limited as we are surely it makes sense to play your best players.

One thing that would go against him in my eyes is the possibility he would prove to be a disruptive influence.

If he does come back he should be on a one strike you're out basis.Any shenanigans and he gets turfed.

However this is all just pure speculation so Im not going to get my hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

If hes good enough to play for us i dont care. And in fairness, most people on here (including myself) dont know for definite why he walked away in the first place. Having said that, the source is about as reliable Titus Bramble.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no on on no on no.

If did did say that, he's an even bigger idiot that I had ever imagined.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He is a bit simple at times, the poor lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Fair play to Stephen Ireland. When he was in the Irish setup he was a decent prospect. When he quit he became the white Pele.

The man is a self centred, disruptive moron who made his club versus country choice aged 21. If this statement is correct, he has admitted he would leverage international football to further his club career.

Enjoy your slide down the divisions Stephen, you deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just because he might want to come back doesnt mean that Trap will pick him.

I'd welcome him back with open arms because if he does come back it will be because he wants to not because no one has forced him.

5starpool wrote: »
    He is a bit simple at times, the poor lad.

I know a man who had professional dealings with him and he described him as 'borderline special needs'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I know a man who had professional dealings with him and he described him as 'borderline special needs'

I remember Richard Dunne was interviewed on Off The Ball a few years ago and hinted something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've always felt if he wants to come back then he should be allowed to but I don't like the idea of the team being used merely as a stepping stone for his club aspirations. If his club career did improve, and he then decided to leave again, it could seriously scupper Trap's plans.

We need to hear more before condemning him. Ireland and McCarthy sounds a better combo for the future than Whelan and Green so if he's putting out feelers to the Irish set-up then I hope they will engage with him and see how he truly feels. If his heart is not really in it though then it's not right for either party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fine by me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I remember Richard Dunne was interviewed on Off The Ball a few years ago and hinted something similar.

Micah Richards on Soccer AM said much the same as well.

If he does come back, i'd very much like a far more "national pride" interview so i can at least pretend he is really out there representing us. Lie to me Stephen - LIE TO ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Let him rot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Somebody post the picture of the pink car or Xavi will be very disappointed when he logs in. Xavi loves that car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Enjoy your slide down the divisions Stephen, you deserve it.

Don't be a thick, he is too good to go to Championship, if he leaves Villa in January he will go to another Prem club simple as that.

Take your little hang ups about him and get a grip. So cause he dosn't want to play for Ireland he dosn't deserve to play in the Premiership?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

flahavaj wrote: »
    Somebody post the picture of the pink car or Xavi will be very disappointed when he logs in. Xavi loves that car.

3051838899_435845f70e.jpg

Now for ya!:D:pac::D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Don't be a thick, he is too good to go to Championship, if he leaves Villa in January he will go to another Prem club simple as that.

Take your little hang ups about him and get a grip. So cause he dosn't want to play for Ireland he dosn't deserve to play in the Premiership?

Whatever about that, I will say that since he doesn't want to play for Ireland, he doesn't deserve to play for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Is there anything to say about Stephen Ireland that hasn't already been said in any of the many threads about him.

I'll wait to hear it from another source before i believe it. If it is true i will be dissapointed if he gets picked in the next squad because he wants to put himself in the shop window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

<yawns>

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Will it mean that if he does play for Ireland, and does get picked up by another club, will he then continue to play for Ireland or will he have more stories lined up if Traps gives him a shout?

I'd say its a daft story until the Daily Fail can clarify.

What are you on about? The guy makes bad decisions, as soon as he gets dropped he decides he is off, and I can only see one direction that will take him

Its nothing to do with 'deserving', its to do with a player who believes himself to be far better than he actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

A couple of weeks ago he posted something along these lines on Twitter, but it came across as being meant in jest. Wouldn't surprise me if this was written on the back of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

papagormo wrote: »
    Will it mean that if he does play for Ireland, and does get picked up by another club, will he then continue to play for Ireland or will he have more stories lined up if Traps gives him a shout?

I'd say its a daft story until the Daily Fail can clarify.

Well he's surely ran out of gran ma excusses. But between Stephen Ireland and the press running this story (haven't reed it and not going to) people are now talking about him again, and his ego is getting stroked.

He could have been great for Ireland but his continued self centreness and look at me attitude will continue to leave a lot of people hoping to never see him play in an Ireland shirt again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

flahavaj wrote: »

IrelandPinkRange_800x459(4).jpg

I.B.T.Xavi6 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

He can go Fcuk off, and change his name while he is at it, prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Have swung round from being relaxed/sanguine about him being in the team if he wants to actively not wanting him back at any cost. I'd much rather see a more limited but hionest player in there. Sometimes - espcially for your country - there should at least be some pirnciples involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Anyone remember this dude?

Sean_Thornton.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

ept_sports_sow_experts-941768424-1284655974.jpeg

50_cent_concert_ireland.jpg

Stephen-Ireland-Princess-Bedroom.jpg

IrelandPinkRange_800x459.jpg

I need no words. Bar these!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

pfft, the pink car picture is soo 2 years ago. This picture is all the rage now

Stephen%20&%20Jessica%207.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'd have no quarms picking him just because he wants to put himself in the shop window.

But I'd have a major quarm picking him because he's been utter dogsh*t this season any time he's played for Villa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

A couple of weeks ago he posted something along these lines on Twitter, but it came across as being meant in jest. Wouldn't surprise me if this was written on the back of that.

You could be right there: "might have to give trap a buzz to get a game! 1:45 AM Nov 25th via web "

http://twitter.com/stephenireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

He can **** right off. Just becuase he's not playing he wants to come back. I say we bring him in, leave him on the bench for at least 5 games (without giving him a game) and if he still wants to play give him a go. That'll test his loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

He's easily the classiest Irish player around right now. I'd be delighted to have him back, might make watching us that little bit less painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    He can go Fcuk off, and change his name while he is at it, prick.

Wow, that is horribly chav like. "He should call himself Stephen England cause he dosn't play for Ireland lol look at me I am so funny"...... Riiiiiight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

He can stay well away and play with villa in the championship next season.
    Actually i feel a very small bit sorry for the lad, really a sad deluded person, what a tool. Anyway surely Trap wont be that thick to have anything to do with him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I've no problem with the chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

He can come back for Ireland, just as long as he leaves Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Unreliable and inconsistant player. Can be world class or a waste of space, sometimes in the same game. Can play brilliantly one half of a match and be the worst player on the pitch or invisible the other half.

His committment to the Irish cause in the past as being half hearted.

I can just see him being in the squad or on the Irish team in the future, coming up to a vital qualification match, and he pulls out at the last minute, because his pet dog has the flu or something like that.

We need men playing for Ireland not emotional wimps like Stephen Ireland who you can't rely on when it matters.

Would you go into battle with Stephen Ireland by your side? I know I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Seriously lads. Who gives a **** about him?

Ill be the first to say what a player he is but his attitude stinks. As much as i would love to have him playing for Ireland i can never ever see him be a proud Irishman like shay given or robbie keane who love playing for there country.

And if thats what he said about coming back just to get a new club then he can go ****. Cheeky little ****.

If he wasnt such a dope, he would become a world class player .

But alas, he lives in la la land. Doesnt look like leaving it anytime soon either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    He can come back for Ireland, just as long as he leaves Villa.

he can come back only if he promises to play for the snakes and ladders team........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Stupid cnut, mad aswell, but probably the best footballer Ireland have when hes on form, so therefore WELCOME BACK.
    But, Trap doesnt like good ballers anyway, and hes too old and stubborn to just let him back after showing him disrespect, so hes not gona come back in the next 1 to 2 yrs unless Trap is sacked which wont happen either.:(
    Im willing to forgive him and give him the benefit of the doubt that it wasnt that he was just not bothered to play for Ireland, think he was bullied and embarassed after what happened with the Granny. Hes only 24 he can grow up a bit! PLEASE COME BACK u baldy ********

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

gavredking wrote: »
    Just because he might want to come back doesnt mean that Trap will pick him.
    Hes a center midfielder who can't get a game for his club...sounds like exactly what Traps looking for.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I find it hard to believe this is true, he'd have to be monumentally stupid to say that and expect to get picked.

I've actually been of the opinion that I'd welcome him back if he wanted to return, but if that's his attitude he **** off tbh. I'd rather have 11 Kilbanes.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Le King wrote: »
    ept_sports_sow_experts-941768424-1284655974.jpeg

Is it just me or does the combo of the tan, slaphead and the beard remind anyone else of this guy?

bastard.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement