Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland wants to play for Ireland........

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

You'd swear that none of you supported a team with mercenary twats that have done stupid things in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

he can come back only if he promises to play for the snakes and ladders team........

You mean a team makes early strides towards the top, only to slide back down the table later on?

Sure isn't he already at Villa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

A couple of weeks ago he posted something along these lines on Twitter, but it came across as being meant in jest. Wouldn't surprise me if this was written on the back of that.
    deisedevil wrote: »
    You could be right there: "might have to give trap a buzz to get a game! 1:45 AM Nov 25th via web "

http://twitter.com/stephenireland

and a fake twitter account as well

jesus, do people just believe whatever they read on the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

event wrote: »

Alternatively you could have just said: "That's a fake twitter account" and not bothered climbing up on your high horse with the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

The Stephen Ireland hate on this forum is extraordinary. He won't play for his country so that gives everyone carte blanche to eviscerate his character?

I've been infracted for calling a player a 'twat' previously however it's somehow acceptable to question everything about Ireland from his intellect to his looks, this is a new low, even for here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

karma_ wrote: »
    The Stephen Ireland hate on this forum is extraordinary. He won't play for his country so that gives everyone carte blanche to eviscerate his character?

I've been infracted for calling a player a 'twat' previously however it's somehow acceptable to question everything about Ireland from his intellect to his looks, this is a new low, even for here.

His behaviour in retiring from international football opened his integrity up for comment. He made the decision to lie and disrespect the jersey, its a fans right to be angry about it.

I commented first on his intellect because its relevant to the above behaviour.

He is everything that is wrong with the modern footballer personified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I'd take him back but I doubt Trap would. He's too skillful for any Trap team, wouldn't fit into the system and all that.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Don't be a thick, he is too good to go to Championship, if he leaves Villa in January he will go to another Prem club simple as that.

Take your little hang ups about him and get a grip. So cause he dosn't want to play for Ireland he dosn't deserve to play in the Premiership?

He has premier league talent. His attitude is p1ss poor though and will his downfall unless he gets his head together. It is as a result of his petulance, not our hang ups, that he should be told by the current manager, and all future Ireland managers to f*ck off.

He had the opportunity that 99.9999% of fans (and players for that matter) will never get. He had the chance to play at the very highest level and he chose to walk away. He should take his medicine and never be considered for the senior international side ever again.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    You'd swear that none of you supported a team with mercenary twats that have done stupid things in them.

As a result a proper manager would transfer list them a bit like Roberto Mancini did in fact.

He had his chance. He f*cked it up. He's the one who will have to live with it. Besides even if he were available for selection he's playing shyte.

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    I'd take him back but I doubt Trap would. He's too skillful for any Trap team, wouldn't fit into the system and all that.:rolleyes:

Guess which one of these picks the Ireland team,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

WallyGUFC wrote: »

There have been a fair few systems recently he hasn't fitted into. Maybe, just maybe, he is the common denominator in that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Knowing the way Trapp keeps a grudge, there is no way in Hell Ireland would get back into the Irish squad anytime before aforementioned location freezes over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

This whole story is fake anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

There have been a fair few systems recently he hasn't fitted into. Maybe, just maybe, he is the common denominator in that?
    I know what you mean and I do kind of agree. But he is good enough for Ireland skill-wise, just his attitude is shocking. We saw what he can do 2 seasons ago in that particular system but I dunno. He might be handy to scare teams off, just looking at him gives me the creeps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

JPA wrote: »
    This whole stoy is fake anyway.

The quote from him in the mirror was:

“I am seriously thinking of calling Trap in the next few weeks and hopefully can work my way back into his plans.
    “If I can¹t get a move in January then I need to look at the summer and playing for Ireland will at least put me in the shop window.”

Paparazzo wrote: »
    The quote from him in the mirror was:

“I am seriously thinking of calling Trap in the next few weeks and hopefully can work my way back into his plans.
    “If I can¹t get a move in January then I need to look at the summer and playing for Ireland will at least put me in the shop window.”

I know, paraphrased from a fake Twitter account.
    Properly fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

If the move to Villa had been successful and he was flying in the EPL right now he still wouldnt want to play for ireland, he is just trying to use ireland now because his career is in the dumps, I dont think Trap will play him anyway, not he's type of player.I would much prefer james mccarthy when he gets fit

If the move to Villa had been successful and he was flying in the EPL right now he still wouldnt want to play for ireland, he is just trying to use ireland now because his career is in the dumps, I dont think Trap will play him anyway, not he's type of player.I would much prefer james mccarthy when he gets fit

He has been poor on the field with Aston Villa. Of that there can be little doubt. We all know that he is a very capable footballer but his attitude is proving to be his achilles heel.

When things are going well he seems to be a good man to have around but the second the going gets tough he doesnt want to know.

His previous behaviour should see to it that he never pulls on the green jersey again. The very fact that he behaved so badly in the first place will surely mean that there will always be doubts as to his motives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It has been stated many times that it's completely fake. Nothing to stop everyone from having a pop though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

flahavaj wrote: »
    Somebody post the picture of the pink car or Xavi will be very disappointed when he logs in. Xavi loves that car.

Pfft, he's a Villa player now so being the fickle barstooler that I am I'm currently searching google images for that heap of sh*te with the Superman petrol cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im sure its been mentioned already, but the whole thing comes from a fake twitter account attributed to him, which posted last month "i might have to call trap to get a game". complete joke of an article based on something that was said by someone pretending to be ireland, over a month ago

shambolic stuff

orourkeda wrote: »
    He has been poor on the field with Aston Villa. Of that there can be little doubt. We all know that he is a very capable footballer but his attitude is proving to be his achilles heel.

When things are going well he seems to be a good man to have around but the second the going gets tough he doesnt want to know.

His previous behaviour should see to it that he never pulls on the green jersey again. The very fact that he behaved so badly in the first place will surely mean that there will always be doubts as to his motives.

What attitude has he display at Villa? Please explain.
    He's been playing well below par but what attitude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

playing badly = crap attitude

apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

How many seasons has he played in the Premiership?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

His behaviour in retiring from international football opened his integrity up for comment. He made the decision to lie and disrespect the jersey, its a fans right to be angry about it.

I commented first on his intellect because its relevant to the above behaviour.

He is everything that is wrong with the modern footballer personified.

so comments like the below are commenting on his integrity?
    ...The man is a self centred, disruptive moron...
    MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    He can go Fcuk off, and change his name while he is at it, prick.
    ... really a sad deluded person, what a tool....
    ...Stupid cnut...PLEASE COME BACK u baldy ********

if someone posted a thread about any other player and comments like the above were made, id expect bannings a plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

I'd like to see him play for Ireland again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd like to see him play for Ireland again
    Me too. We need a decent central midfielder and he is better than anybody currently playing there. Would love to see him and David Meyler in the centre.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Me too. We need a decent central midfielder and he is better than anybody currently playing there. Would love to see him and David Meyler in the centre.

David Meyler, no caps - limited appearances for Sunderland, fairly unproven.
    Stephen Ireland, not really a central midfield player, no intention of playing for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

eagle eye wrote: »
    Me too. We need a decent central midfielder

Yeah, you see the problem is Ireland isn't a central midfielder. He's a final third player, best playing as a Trequartista. Swap him for Keane and we'd be laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, you see the problem is Ireland isn't a central midfielder. He's a final third player, best playing as a Trequartista. Swap him for Keane and we'd be laughing.
    Yeah and I said I'd love to see him and David Meyler in together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

I find it hard to believe this is true, he'd have to be monumentally stupid to say that and expect to get picked

Welcome to Stephen Ireland 101 - you have passed with flying colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

No thanks very much. He's not actually that good a player anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

event wrote: »

Meh, believing that a footballer is spouting shite on Twitter hardly gullible, aren't they all at it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

i think he would walk back into the ireland set up. He is playing **** at the moment, barely getting his game. Just as trap likes them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

i think he would walk back into the ireland set up. He is playing **** at the moment, barely getting his game.

Yea sure he would the tiddley winks team.....and this is the guy who when he was booted out of city said he was better than any player they signed including Yaya toure, Balotelli and silva, well i am sorry he is not 1/3 the player silva is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just as his club career is going steadily downhill, he wants to come back. He should never be allowed play for Ireland again. He clearly has no pride in playing for his country and just wants to boost his club career.

I will be disgusted if he is allowed back, especially by Trap.

My respect for the Ireland team and the FAI went down the toilet the day they let Roy Keane put on an Ireland jersey again, if they let this happen, I would entirely dissown myself from everything irish football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Mister men wrote: »
    No thanks very much. He's not actually that good a player anymore.

either is drogba or rooney i suppose....:rolleyes:

Advertisement