Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help my yahoo address is sending spam

• 15-12-2010 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Ive just recieved a load of messages from my contacts, from everybody from lecture's' to work collegaues, going back years, and there all telling me that my email is sending vaigra spam.

these messages arent turning up in my sent mail

can someone please help me to stop this or do i have to kill my account

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I'm not entirely certain what's going on with your account, but changing your password is always a good first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

changed my password, but it seems to be replying to a lot of my contacts with spam

anyone know what to do??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,504 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Disable mail receipts and change your password, that's about all you can do as far as I know. You may also need to totally clean out your mail folders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Assume for the moment that you have a virus of some sort. Go here, follow the instructions and report back. There have been a few threads like this about Hotmail accounts as well. Something has got hold of your Yahoo login details and if that something lives on your computer then it will probably get hold of them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

changed my password, but it seems to be replying to a lot of my contacts with spam
    Please dont panic!!

If you changed your password they cant do it anymore...

I dont know how they get this info,its scary isnt it?

G00D LUCK :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

They can, of course, spoof your email address without having access to your password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

They can, of course, spoof your email address without having access to your password.

True, if your contact's details were copied whenever your account was being accessed, you can't really stop your contacts from getting spam e-mail.

Advertisement