Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ported my number - lost my contacts

Options
  • 15-12-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I ported my number from O2 to meteor and did not think about taking my contacts off the 02 sim prior to this. Am I screwed? Any way of getting my contacts off the 02 sim? When I put the sim into a phone it is no longer recognised.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

albob wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I ported my number from O2 to meteor and did not think about taking my contacts off the 02 sim prior to this. Am I screwed? Any way of getting my contacts off the 02 sim? When I put the sim into a phone it is no longer recognised.
    Cheers

All the data (contacts/messages) should still be on the old SIM, the sim can no longer access the network but you should be able to put it in the phone and copy contacts from the sim to the phone.

What kind of phone have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

Phew, tried a different O2 phone and that accepted my inactive sim alright. Don't know what is wrong with my old O2 phone....one of the sim contacts must be dodgy and did not even recognise that a sim was present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Yeah that's strange! Same thing happened a friend of mine last year who also left o2, her Samsung phone refused to acknowledge the old sim, but it was fine when she put it in an old Nokia she had!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

jordainius wrote: »
    Yeah that's strange! Same thing happened a friend of mine last year who also left o2, her Samsung phone refused to acknowledge the old sim, but it was fine when she put it in an old Nokia she had!

I had that with an old Motorola StarTac once, was abroad with no roaming. Once the phone figured it could not sign on to a network, it lock its'self you amd would not let one access the phone book, you had about 20/30 second to look up a number while it tried to sign on to a network to look up the phone book.

Eventually I went into the basement of the place I was staying where there was no signal and I had all the time to write the numbers down, so I could make a call with another phone.

I assume your Samsung won't let you access the SIM until it connected to the network, like my old Motorola.

Advertisement