Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of role job

Options
  • 15-12-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am a qualified horticulturist and work in the public sector. I have been given a memo instructing me that I will be moved into a general operative area doing completely new work and, which is out of my field. The change is being based on the Croke park agreement which I don't know much on. My terms of employment does say that I can be asked to carry out other duties as required, which I have done over the years, but this is a complete change from my area of work. Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks. LH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Are they changing the terms of your employment? i.e wages ,location, holidays etc or is it just different work.

I don't know what happens in this situation as this would be seen as a step back in your career and could affect you later in life, the whole point of the CPA is that it gets rid of or makes more efficient certain sectors/jobs etc. If you refuse to do this work and they say there is nothing comparable to your certain role where do you go from there, can you relocate or do you reckon you will have to leave the job.

As per the CPA they can't let you go unless you are only a contract employee so it may be a case of do it or else leave

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It is a complete change of work though nothing has been implemented as of yet. Can the terms of employment be changed, as this is completely a change of my terms?
    I suspect that the CPA will potentially be abused to suit certain needs in filling positions where contract staff have been let go because of cut backs. I am grateful to be working but I am not happy where my skills and expertise are been kicked aside.

Advertisement