Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Airsoft

Options
  • 15-12-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

I've been banned from airsoft for 6 months (later reduced to a month) for calling a mod an 'eejit' in a PM. The mod in question referred to the airsoft mod as 'the eejit mods' in a conversation with me about another ban, and I concurred that he was an eejit. After the ban we were talking about expired, I was then banned again out of the blue for 6 months.

Can provide other data if necessary. There's a thread on the front page of the Airsoft forum where talk about my ban has been suppressed on the forum. I'm mainly escalating this because people have asked me to, and it's become an issue with people on the forum. I've been a regular on Airsoft for a few years now, but I've cancelled my subscription and won't be contributing from now on. I would like for this situation to be followed through though, for the sake of full disclosure and oversight.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hi gerrowadat,

Usually in the DRP a mod and Cmod come in to look at the situation before escalation to an admin, so initial reply is fairly rapid. As I'm the party who's awarded the ban in this case we'll need another admin (or admins) to come in and take a look at it. I've asked on the admin forum for someone to come take a look, so apologies for the delay in reply on here.

Aside: I don't want to drag this DRP thread off topic but I wanted to answer your point about discussion of your ban being suppressed on the forum - that is correct and how it should be handled. We don't allow discussion of moderating decisions on thread as it tends to totally disrupt discussion, as it did on that thread.

As I mentioned, I'll see if I can get some other admins to review the issue at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Hi gerrowadat, I will be handling this one or you. Bear with me on it, the only shooting I do is Photography so I am a little green here:).

Firstly please have a look at this link Here.. Then, in light of this, please re specify exactly how I can help you here.

Secondly, I am going to drop a PM to both CMods to have them input here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

yeah. More info required here. I'll PM the mod in question to request their input

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'm sorry, I know I'm not supposed to post here uninvited but there are some things that need clarification.

First of all, this ban was actioned by an administrator as a result of a reported pm. The administrator in question (Trojan) has responded to say another admin will review it. All good and in keeping with the boards hierarchy so far.

Asiaprod then asks a Cmod to review it - how can this happen if the Cmod (no disrespect uberwolf) cannot do this as they cannot see the reported private messages. Surely it's not within the remit of a Cmod to review an admin action, nor should they further downgrade this by asking for local mod input.

There is relevant information here, here and here on the matter.

There has been unrest over the effectiveness of the DRP process in the Airsoft forum and some heated debate over this ban, I've defended the boards way of resolving things to the best of my ability there but this thread has done nothing but to prove the naysayers right.

I'm genuinely disappointed and embarrassed over this.

Steve wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I know I'm not supposed to post here uninvited but there are some things that need clarification.
    That is correct, as the current system stands, you are not to post in here unless the CMod asked you to.
    First of all, this ban was actioned by an administrator as a result of a reported pm. The administrator in question (Trojan) has responded to say another admin will review it. All good and in keeping with the boards hierarchy so far.
    I agree. in complete keeping keeping with the boards hierarchy so far.
    Asiaprod then asks a Cmod to review it - how can this happen if the Cmod (no disrespect uberwolf) cannot do this as they cannot see the reported private messages.
    I did indeed so I am waiting while the CMod does as mentioned above. The same CMod is also able to ask on thread here to have those PMs posted here, as per the current system.
    Surely it's not within the remit of a Cmod to review an admin action, nor should they further downgrade this by asking for local mod input.
    I asked him to review this, that is within my remit and it is my choice, it is stated above in the diagram, its the process..
    There has been unrest over the effectiveness of the DRP process in the Airsoft forum and some heated debate over this ban, I've defended the boards way of resolving things to the best of my ability there but this thread has done nothing but to prove the naysayers right.
    This thread has proven that the system works. The ban will be handled here.
    This is not the place to discuss the effectiveness of the DRT. Bring that to Feed Forward please.
    I'm genuinely disappointed and embarrassed over this.
    And I genuinely am not. All the Admins and CMs are very aware of this thread and up to date.
    This is not an admonishment of you, you are passionate about the forum. I understand that. We are here to fix these types of issues. I hear you, now please leave it to the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Apologies guys, I know it's going to be a while given the season that's in it, but this has been nearly 2 weeks. Can I get some indication it hasn't fallen through he cracks?

Enjoy yisser turkey sammitches in the meantime. Cheers.

Hi there. It as not fallen through the cracks. It is just bad timing due to the holiday season. Will get back to you on this asap. Sorry for the delay.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I would like for this situation to be followed through though, for the sake of full disclosure and oversight..
    Update on this.
    Unfortunately the Xmas and the impending New Year is impacting this thread with people either away or unavailable to comment. This dispute is far far deeper than you just being banned out of the blue. For the 'sake of full disclosure and oversight' this thread will take some time to address so please be patient, we are not letting this one slide. Issues on the Airsoft forum are currently under review and active efforts are being made to address them. Your ban is one of these issues. Please bear with us as we sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Weekly checkin...

I can't help but think I'm just being made to wait out the ban at this point. "Stuff" has been "being done" for the last good while with Airsoft. Can I get an update if possible?

Hi there,
    As you stated
    I cancelled my subscription and won't be contributing from now on. I would like for this situation to be followed through though, for the sake of full disclosure and oversight.
    Then you have done what you said you we do.

As I stated in return above
    This dispute is far far deeper than you just being banned out of the blue. For the 'sake of full disclosure and oversight' this thread will take some time to address so please be patient, we are not letting this one slide.

So I think we are all on the same page here. As soon as I have news I will post it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement