Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Home Weather station WH1090 setup and advice

• 15-12-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi to all seasoned weather watchers.

I am a a fresh newbie to both this section and to weather in general. However due to the addictive nature here that was generated by all long term members and new alike I have developed a new appreciation for our weather............(end waffle)

Have just purchased a WH1090 home weather station.

Has anyone

a) Got the same unit
    b) Any advice on a quick setup and example setup locations
    c) Know the best way update my info to a new site im setting up www.kilcullenweather.com

Thanks to all. Looking forward to being able chip in a few readings over the next snow event.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Anybody? :confused:

Weather station is up. Not a clue if my readings are correct etc etc. Anyone in the kilcullen/newbridge area that can help me check if readings are about right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I can help, work in Naas and drive past that way each morning and evening, what you looking to know at the minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

For air temperature, relative humidity and wind speed/direction you could compare with the NRA road weather stations - see here. The M7/Newbridge Bypass is listed as a station (click the "i" next to it for more information).

Hope it helps.

Hi Villian/Sulmav,

Many thanks for the reply.

I put the station up in haste (pure childish excitement) and now Im just afraid while im getting reading on everything that they may not be correct.

Current temp 4.9oC which suspect is correct
    Due Pt 3.6oC No idea if his could be correct
    Rel hum 91% can this be right??
    Pressure 1016.4 hpa

Good call on the NRA site. Will compare and see if im there or there abouts.

Again thanks for the reply guys. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Its a great time to set the barometer as we have a nice high pressure over us.

Maybe post up a photo of the setup and we can help you, are you just reading the console or have you got it connected to a PC, if so what software are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

giggsirish wrote: »
    Current temp 4.9oC which suspect is correct
    Due Pt 3.6oC No idea if his could be correct
    Rel hum 91% can this be right??
    Pressure 1016.4 hpa

All of those figures except the last one seem to match current conditions near you.

I think your nearest Met Éireann station is Casement, which shows a pressure reading of 1034 hPA as of 22:00 (edit: 1033 hPa as of 23:00). My (very basic) weather station needs me to put in what height the station is above sea level to get a correct reading (for some reason), maybe your's is the same? Have a read through the manual to see if you can set your height and maybe that'll bring it more into line with official readings.

Villain wrote: »
    Its a great time to set the barometer as we have a nice high pressure over us.

Maybe post up a photo of the setup and we can help you, are you just reading the console or have you got it connected to a PC, if so what software are you using?

Reading the console and also from the PC. Have EasyWeather installed and also Cumulus up and running.

setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg

setup3.jpg

You'll need to put an extra sun shield on it as I find it reads high when the sun is out! It reads at least 5C high in sunshine, I've still to do that!

You'll need to put an extra sun shield on it as I find it reads high when the sun is out! It reads at least 5C high in sunshine, I've still to do that!

Many thanks. Any probs since you got it? Calibration etc? All input welcome.Are you uploading stats to the web?

Current readings can be seen here:
    http://kilcullenweather.com/weather/index.htm

Advertisement