Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to prevent rabbits getting into allotment

Options
  • 15-12-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All;

I have an allotment and last august, rabbits attacked our allotment.
    So i bought enviromesh to stop this happening again

Today my wife went up to the allotment for the first time in three weeks due to bad weather and the rabbits have eaten true the enviromesh.

Now they advertised it to be rabit proof but obviously isnt, so what can i use to stop rabbits?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a .22 rifle. you get food out of it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Shotgun does the trick for me

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

There is actually a wire mesh called rabbit wire and i think it is just stronger chicken wire around 50.00 euros for 30 metres.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hire Elmer Fudd for the day.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEUDzIrEQE

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Barriers like wires mesh etc need to be right around the site and Buried a foot Plus under the ground for rabbits to have any chance for working...

You can "Control" the Population of rabbits by using ..

A weapon (Gun/Crossbow/Pellet Gun..) Ask your at your local Gun Club if anyone would fancy a bit of Target Practice .. However if you are near Houses or don't own the rights to the site ..you need to find if this is allowed on site and that the shooter is good enough to kill first time and right

Birds of Prey Or Predator (Ferret) Again someone may want an Area for Excercising the Bird/Ferret ... (I believe Rabbits don't stay too long in an area if they know a Predator is hunting in their back yard)

• Advertisement
Advertisement