Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits {merge}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm gonna ring up tomorrow saying that kids are gonna start robbing plastic bags from spar and centra then puttin them on their heads coz they saw it in the video. Then im gonna ring up complaining that theres a load more paedos goin around ever since they watched your man doin his Michael Jackson moves in the video.

Your man Anthony needs to stop being a big auld one. If he thinks kids are gonna start taking drugs coz some youngfellas from Limerick wrote a little song about a horse, then theres no hope for him! Sure if they can go online to watch the video, they can also go online and watch people getting beheaded, ****ed on, shot, stabbed, run over, as well as the bitta filth! Anthony must be an old mate of them who's jealous! Either that or he drives a mitsi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

KilaWhale wrote: »
    Willie O'Dea just sounded like a bumbling, interfering, attention-grabbing eejit who felt flattered to have been mentioned in a song one time and is hanging on to the publicity for dear life...

Well harsh. Willies promoting some lads from his constituency like any politician would from any other. His appearance was more to address the argument that it reflected badly on Limerick City rather than to promote their single or anything like that.

And anyone who knows the Limerick people will know that last line isn't true, Willie O'Dea will cruise to re-election he's insanely popular there and that hasn't changed. I believe he was the fastest elected td in the country last general election. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

F**k this thread, I have a horse outside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My mate left me a voicemail of Horse Outside from their gig tonight. Sounded feckin quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Howya Marty!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My mate left me a voicemail of Horse Outside from their gig tonight. Sounded feckin quality :D

Heard the song played three times in two hours in a night-club in Limerick tonight, including the last song of the night.

Fuck "Amhrán na bhFiain", we've a "Horse Outside!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I just listened to the entire Liveline programme there - what unbelievable radio! Just my two cents

- Willie O'Dea has no part to play in the debate about the song other than to appear 'hip' among the younger generation. He is an elected representative and surely should be trying to deal with his matters relating to his own profession rather than waste time arguing with Anto on the radio?? His points in defending the song were weak and ill thought out. Blind Boy carried him at the end (some very valid points). Willie O'Dea just sounded like a bumbling, interfering, attention-grabbing eejit who felt flattered to have been mentioned in a song one time and is hanging on to the publicity for dear life...

...just my opinion:cool:

If Willy O'D was looking to be down with the kids i doubt he would have rang liveline to reach that demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

best thing to come out of ireland in 15 years talent wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If Willy O'D was looking to be down with the kids i doubt he would have rang liveline to reach that demographic.

I'd say it's far more likely that Liveline chased him up to talk about the Bandits while they tried to get one of the Bandits phone numbers from the Republic of Telly office.

A lot of people are rang by the show not vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

- Everyone has a right to like or dislike the song/video. As said, references to drugs etc within a song does not necessarily mean that the artist promotes it - each person has the right to be offended or to enjoy the lyrics and have a debate about it.
    Just because they have the "right" to be offended doesn't mean their opinions are equally valid. I'm not usually one for black-and-white views, but literally anyone and everyone who's offended by this song is a complete and utter idiot.

And it is the "right" of the sane portion of the populace to howl in derision at these cretins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

On the late late tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

God I hope they get to No1 for xmas anything to stop old pube head gowell and stretchy face walsh sick to death of all that x factor crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

"Willie O'Dea didn't endorse 60 Cent" haha!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

O'Doherty has a truthful take on it in the Indo today. Thing is - can we handle that truth?

"I am not for or against Limerick. Like Dublin, it has no-go areas and also has nice, leafy suburbs."

Dat actually is Limerick city kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

http://www.music-chart.info/song/572637/Horse-Outside

Latest iTunes chart positions. Selling well in Luxembourg of all places! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Heard the song played three times in two hours in a night-club in Limerick tonight, including the last song of the night.
    God that would annoy me, I like horse outside but Irish nightclubs have the musical sophistication of a 2 year old child. they'll find a song that's popular and play it over and over and over again until someone's head explodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I hear you, even as a horse outside fan.

They have a more than sophisticated business acumen though, i.e. recognising that most punters out there have the musical sophistication of a 2-year-old child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

ScumLord wrote: »
    God that would annoy me, I like horse outside but Irish nightclubs have the musical sophistication of a 2 year old child. they'll find a song that's popular and play it over and over and over again until someone's head explodes.
    Deffo going to the wrong clubs, though this is excusable if you live outside the major cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Saw the hit go from 20k to nearly 2.1 million on Youtube over the last few days. The song is very catchy, can't say I like their other work much (not my style) but 'Horse Outside' is just what the country needs at the moment. At least it is creative, unlike the manufactured crap out there. Video is really funny too. I watched it on the smartphone on the way to work at 6.30 the other morning. Had me smiling all day and that is all the song sets out to do.

Haven't listened to Liveline before for a long time until now and Joe is totally biased with all of his sly, side comments. Can't you speak properly? Ha coming from Joe! 'Debate' my ass. It was meant to be a roasting but backfired. Back to Newstalk I go.

According to the Indo one of the lads is doing a MA and has a background in art. Fair play to them. Clever is what they are, find a niche and exploit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

5 free itunes songs for o2 customers ( sign in to o2.ie > treats ). Bought 5 copies, better than matt cardle anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,127 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They are on the Late Late Show tonight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    They are on the Late Late Show tonight ;)

Aparently not, because they aren't allowed perform the uncensored version. A clip of the video may be shown instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Deffo going to the wrong clubs, though this is excusable if you live outside the major cities.
    Quiet likely but I've never been to a good club in this country, even the one's I've been to in cities were no better than country clubs. I've been in great clubs around Europe though, even poky little town in countries like Lithuania have great clubs compared to here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Aparently not, because they aren't allowed perform the uncensored version. A clip of the video may be shown instead.

Apparently you can't say "fuck" on RTE1, even after the watershed. "The panel", I noticed, is bleeped, for some anally retentive reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Nodin wrote: »
    Apparently you can't say "fuck" on RTE1, even after the watershed. "The panel", I noticed, is bleeped, for some anally retentive reason.

I can never understand this, do they think we don't hear cursing everywhere we go? That we'll be sheltered from it if it's removed from one channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I can never understand this, do they think we don't hear cursing everywhere we go? That we'll be sheltered from it if it's removed from one channel?

It's beyond me, the mentality (or lack thereof) behind it...If you watch something like the Panel, you're hardly going to be offended by a few 'swear' words...particularily if you're Irish...

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Rubberbandits now on music forum......:)everytime i go to look at a different forum so far today......they pop up.....in one shape or another...:)Hope they make no.1....:)after all ::)Tis the season to be jolly.....good will to all men...including the Rubberbandits....:D OH and can we be in their next video....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The idea of "the clip" has dengerated into a tool for lazy researchers since the "roll it there Roisin" days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

Nodin wrote: »
    It's beyond me, the mentality (or lack thereof) behind it...If you watch something like the Panel, you're hardly going to be offended by a few 'swear' words...particularily if you're Irish...

agreed, its fu.ckin ridiculous when its after the watershed, someone needs to tell rte that we(the majority of people who watch tv after 9) are adults and do not need to be coddled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

They are going to be on The Late Late, "in character" for an interview I heard, they just won't be performing the song live.

Advertisement