Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits {merge}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I listened to part of the Joe Duffy interview, they absolutely trounced the callers and Duffy. Thus shouldn't even be an issue, it's just a song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Pushing 3 million youtube hits now. How big can it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

topper75 wrote: »
    Pushing 3 million youtube hits now. How big can it go?

OVER NINE THOUS.... o wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It was as if the late late show didn't want them on the show, but they had to get there before anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Agree. Ryan Tubridy didn't give them much air time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I think they played their cards very well on the Late Late. The show’s viewer base is notorious for doing their upmost to take umbrage to anything that could be construed as remotely offensive. The Rubberbandits were well aware of this and gave an appropriately conservative interview, which I’d say has garnered themselves a fair few new fans from a previously oblivious demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I thought they came off rather well with the Joe Duffy and Late Late interviews. They could have been brass and rude but they played their cards right and came off that they treated their new-found fame with respect. Plus the audience on the Late Late seemed to have liked them, too.

Jeez, brings me back to when The Hardy Bucks were on the Saturday night show with Brendan O'Connor. Jesus, that was a train wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

Midweek sales for Irish Xmas Number 1. X Factor lad: 43000ish. Limerick lads with horse: 17000ish.

From Jim Carroll's twitter page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

looks like people bought too early

clowns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

I'm thinking maybe "Anthony from Limerick " was part of the rubber bandits
    Part of me was thinking Prank call when I was listening it
    No one could call up a National Radio Station with that poor an arguement could they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Are you talking about this? cause yeah, I was pretty annoyed at Joe Duffy asking if he could speak properly, bloody Dublin media . But I tell you what, your man from the Rubber bandits really destoryed them. he made a great argument and whoever was arguing with him was speechless. They obviously thought the rubber bandits would be idiots or something.

I take absolute pleasure in the fact that someone made a fool of Joe Duffy and one of his listeners. These guys are obviously intelligent and wiped the floor with the pair of them.....Well done to them and long may they be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

red menace wrote: »
    I'm thinking maybe "Anthony from Limerick " was part of the rubber bandits
    Part of me was thinking Prank call when I was listening it
    No one could call up a National Radio Station with that poor an arguement could they?

Of course they could. Have a listen to "live after 5" with michael mcmullen on todayfm every saturday. At least 1 arguement a week on that is piss-poor and good old mcmull rips them to shreds

Midweek sales for Irish Xmas Number 1. X Factor lad: 43000ish. Limerick lads with horse: 17000ish.

From Jim Carroll's twitter page
    ah ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Just after buying their song...first non-pirated one in ages...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 munkytennis

on sale from www.therubberbandits.com
    much sexier than that other muck !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 GMusicMan

on sale from www.therubberbandits.com
    much sexier than that other muck !

But the ones that were on donedeal.ie were class! the "official" ones look like they've been thrown together by 3 year old children just getting to grips with microsoft word! I'm sure the bandits would want something a bit cooler to represent them!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

GMusicMan wrote: »
    But the ones that were on donedeal.ie were class! the "official" ones look like they've been thrown together by 3 year old children just getting to grips with microsoft word! I'm sure the bandits would want something a bit cooler to represent them!!?

i hear you can get some knock off headgear down in spar, only 22 cent each.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 GMusicMan

thebhoy wrote: »
    i hear you can get some knock off headgear down in spar, only 22 cent each.

Chalk it Down KID!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

GMusicMan wrote: »
    Chalk it Down KID!

daycint

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Sorry to be thick but what is actually the number 1 ? is it going to be the rubberbandits for christmas or what ?>

Morlar wrote: »
    Sorry to be thick but what is actually the number 1 ? is it going to be the rubberbandits for christmas or what ?>
    7pm tonight we find out, i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

And they can speak fluent Irish

http://soundcloud.com/rnl/rubberbandits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Morlar wrote: »

We don't find out till tomorrow as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

7pm tonight we find out, i think.

Actually probably listen to this guy instead, he seems to know what he's talking about. I'm just totally making stuff up...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Hope its number 1.

And they can speak fluent Irish

http://soundcloud.com/rnl/rubberbandits

looks like they kow a few cupla focail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

okee wrote: »

"We are just two youngfellas from Limerick with hurley sticks taking on the British Army, as represented by Simon Cowell, Matt Cardle and Louis the traitor,"

haha brilliant :D

Advertisement