Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits {merge}

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

i just want to know who the girl in the video is..... That is one seriously hot pikey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

gatecrash wrote: »
    i just want to know who the girl in the video is..... That is one seriously hot pikey!!
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2010/12/11/the-bridesmaid-in-the-rubberbandits-video-is-madeline-mulqueen-youll-like-her/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I must just have switched off when the boys were coming on. If they were good they must really have rescued Willie because he was making a fool of himself there at the start.

Get the podcast - it's well worth listening to.

Blind Boy from the Rubberbandits took Anthony's argument apart completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

The rubberbandits are no laughing matter. They are serious threat to stability and public safety in Limerick city, and if someone is shot in a drug related incident in Limerick city we'll all know who to blame.

Young people of Limerick city need to be spoken to by the Gardai, the moral guardians of the religious right, and people like Joe Duffy. They're the people who can really get through to them, not young people from their own area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

Pace2008 wrote: »

That says where she works and all. :pac:

It's like a stalker's charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

They are back on Live Line again about it

AntiMatter wrote: »

That does seem a bit much.

Derek Mooney likes the Rubberbandits. There you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

• Advertisement

colmulhall wrote: »

Why would I watch that when the actual video is up there?

Pointless.

AntiMatter wrote: »

Your point being?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

I love the Rubberbandits. They are the funniest and most talked about act in Ireland at the minute. I've spoken to the boys a few times and they are really intelligent lads and they are sound out too.

Even if I did hate them, I'd rather see 2 fellas with plastic bags over themselves making songs about horses come from limerick than scumbags shooting innocent peope make the news.

I'm not one to tar everyone with the same brush but a lot of people need to get off their high horse(no pun intended:D) and ignore it if you don't like.

One thing I just don't get,
    - why is there such a split opinion of them in Dublin?
    they have a huge fan base up there!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭reganovich

drdeadlift wrote: »
    your not from Dublin i take it

No, but definitely surprised at how many people I know up here that like them.

I really just thought they'd hate it, that it'd go over their heads. But the Dubs are lapping it up, particularly the scenestery(not a real word) types. Refreshing.

Like someone said, might beat the x factor to number 1, so whats not to like.

Mon the bandits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Does anyone know if you can get it on a t-shirt yet?

I'd love a "F*ck your honda civic, Ive a horse outside" t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

I think that south and west Ireland find it a little bit funnier than the general Dublin area simply because of the sense of humour in it, its very "rural" in their references and I think Dublin people can't really relate so much to it. Your going to have mixed opinions on it, Paddy living in a bungalow down in a field in West Field Farm is going to find it a bit funnier than Maxwell who is living in an apartment in South Dublin and who works in graphic design for Stellar magazine

1 comment + 3 "thanks" = 4 ignorant idiots

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BUY HORSE OUTSIDE BETWEEN THE 19TH AND 23RD TO GET IT TO X-MAS NUMBER 1!!!:pac:
    SHALL WE ALL AGREE ON THE 20th, PRECISELY!

The Joe Duffy show featuring the Rubberbandits will be here ( realplayer required) from the 15th until the 22nd of December.

http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-r1-liveline-Wednesday.smil

Thereafter it will be here

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/2010-12-15.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Why do people think that Dublin people wont get it and it will go over their heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

bungler wrote: »
    Why do people think that Dublin people wont get it and it will go over their heads?

It's bizarre. You'd swear they were as different as Americans they way some people talk of them, that includes some Dubliners themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ballybunionlad

I personally don't get the joke.

And if this reaches number 1 for Christmas we as a nation will look back in years to come and hang our heads in shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Sponge Bob wrote: »

The Joe Duffy show featuring the Rubberbandits will be here ( realplayer required) from the 15th until the 22nd of December.

Cheers man, legend. Around about how far into it do I click to......? I really don't want to have to listen to an hour and a half of liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

I think that south and west Ireland find it a little bit funnier than the general Dublin area simply because of the sense of humour in it, its very "rural" in their references and I think Dublin people can't really relate so much to it. Your going to have mixed opinions on it, Paddy living in a bungalow down in a field in West Field Farm is going to find it a bit funnier than Maxwell who is living in an apartment in South Dublin and who works in graphic design for Stellar magazine

clown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Saw them live in Galway at Roisins for a Comedy Gig ...And they were so bad there wasn't a sound in the place between his songs or his crap 'Jerky Boy' Rip-offs. Everyone was just looking at each other in shock at how woeful they were.

Having said that ...I hate the tune but it is catchy and it's probably the best thing they've done to date. I'd much prefer this to be number one than some X-factor Sh1te.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

And if this reaches number 1 for Christmas we as a nation will look back in years to come and hang our heads in shame.

FFS.

As opposed to whatever manufactured garbage Simon Cowell decides to sh!t out of his hole?

Brilliant comedy piece, which makes me laugh every time I see the video. In such depressing fcuking times, it gets my vote every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

yeah - because a: what is christmas number 1 is really something that reflects badly on our society as a whole and b: 5 odd years of the xfactor claiming the slot is sooo much less embarrassing.

jesus :rolleyes: have ya nothing better to get on yer soap box about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I personally don't get the joke

sucks to be you so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sponge Bob wrote: »

...that should also be bookmarked as it'll be useful in debates against giving mayors any powers worth talking about....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Helix wrote: »
    rubber bandits making absolute shìte out of yer man

fantastic

Ate him alive to be fair.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I don't get his idea that people in Dublin or other areas outside of Limerick won't get it.

There's nothing in it that's Limerick specific. I've lived in Dublin all my life and I've seen more horses in housing estates than I've ever seen in the country.
    Did I imagine the drug problem in Dublin? The countless boy racers in Subaru's and whatever other cars they rally around in?

Maybe someone who lives out in the arse end of nowhere wouldn't get any of the references, but anyone who lives in any sort of urban area, town or city will get the references.

Personally I don't find it all that funny, but I know that's what it's supposed to be. People who are thinking that these guys are being serious need their heads checked.
    Also the guy from rubberbandits who was on liveline was brilliant in his defence of the song. He had an answer for everyone of the points the callers were whinging about and they just kept repeating themselves. I found it interesting that apart from Willie O'Dea, who is probably the last person you'd want defending you, there was no other callers who were defending the song, apart from the guy off Republic of Telly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ballybunionlad

I aplologize for giving my opinion.

For the record. I hate X factor.

I is a hater of Simon Cowell.

I don't hate Rubberbandits. I just don't think they're funny.

Advertisement