Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits {merge}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

whos the girl,a fine thing( grab me by the ponytail and ride me like a horse) i love the dirty little eyebrow lift, as she says it;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

godscop wrote: »
    whos the girl,a fine thing( grab me by the ponytail and ride me like a horse) i love the dirty little eyebrow lift, as she says it;)

According to an interview they did with MTV or someone, she's some Polish bird who's name they don't know because she's won't stop chewing the jaw off herself long enough for them to ask her.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don't get his idea that people in Dublin or other areas outside of Limerick won't get it.

There's nothing in it that's Limerick specific. I've lived in Dublin all my life and I've seen more horses in housing estates than I've ever seen in the country.
    Did I imagine the drug problem in Dublin? The countless boy racers in Subaru's and whatever other cars they rally around in?

Maybe someone who lives out in the arse end of nowhere wouldn't get any of the references, but anyone who lives in any sort of urban area, town or city will get the references.
    I guess it comes from the odd poster from dublin who complains about having humour from other regions on the tv...i've seen a few myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I personally don't get the joke.

And if this reaches number 1 for Christmas we as a nation will look back in years to come and hang our heads in shame.

The only thing we should hang our heads in shame about is the fact that Fianna Fail are still running the country.

If you think a comedy song is something to be ashamed about as a nation then you seriously need to get some perspective on what is or isn't important.

Honestly now - people can like it or dislike it all they want. But this idea of the country being ashamed because a comedy song is a big hit? That's a pile of sh*te so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

I aplologize for giving my opinion.

For the record. I hate X factor.

I is a hater of Simon Cowell.

I don't hate Rubberbandits. I just don't think they're funny.

i, in turn, would like to apologise for giving my opinion of your opinion.

• Advertisement

I guess it comes from the odd poster from dublin who complains about having humour from other regions on the tv...i've seen a few myself.

God, you'd think we were living in America or somewhere. We're not that big a country that something doesn't translate a few miles up the road.

Like I said, I don't find it all that funny, but it's nothing to do with not getting the joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

I don't get his idea that people in Dublin or other areas outside of Limerick won't get it.

There's nothing in it that's Limerick specific. I've lived in Dublin all my life and I've seen more horses in housing estates than I've ever seen in the country.
    Did I imagine the drug problem in Dublin? The countless boy racers in Subaru's and whatever other cars they rally around in?

Maybe someone who lives out in the arse end of nowhere wouldn't get any of the references, but anyone who lives in any sort of urban area, town or city will get the references.

Personally I don't find it all that funny, but I know that's what it's supposed to be. People who are thinking that these guys are being serious need their heads checked.
    Also the guy from rubberbandits who was on liveline was brilliant in his defence of the song. He had an answer for everyone of the points the callers were whinging about and they just kept repeating themselves. I found it interesting that apart from Willie O'Dea, who is probably the last person you'd want defending you, there was no other callers who were defending the song, apart from the guy off Republic of Telly.

I reckon it was more about people outside Limerick may not get them as a whole, in so far as a good bit of their sayings and references are based on Limerick or are from Limerick Scum... Nothing in Horse Outside really though.

They are funny as F**k though!
    even their earlier prank phone calls are deadly.

Its typical paddy whackery..lets laugh at scumbags. I dont find it funny at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Listening to it now. I think ye's are being a bit hard on Willy. He's putting his point across well enough. But seriously, where do they get these lunatics that ring this show up? Are the actually real people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,127 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love the song they are legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I don't know anything about the Rubber Bandits. I saw the video for the first time yesterday so my opinion is based solely on that. But it was...meh. I don't see any difference between it and Richie Kavanagh or the Breakfast Roll song to be honest.

I think it's funny that people are complaining about the content of this.

The guy said himself on the radio that the radio edit has none of the actual drugs or sex references. The only way kids would be able to see and hear the proper version is on the internet, and if your kids are on the internet looking at stuff they shouldn't be then maybe you need to look at your parenting skills and change your internet security settings.

Its typical paddy whackery..lets laugh at scumbags. .

Laughing at scumbags isn't paddy whackery. ;)

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Laughing at scumbags isn't paddy whackery. ;)
    Ok its culchie whackery.;)

Scumbackery?

Another thing, anyone over the age of about 12 these days is exposed to this kind of thing in their everyday lives, unless they live very sheltered lives.
    Anyone under the age of 12 is more likely to look at this video and start putting plastic bags over their heads, an issue I think is far more dangerous to them than a rap song about a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It happens everywhere.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Scumbackery?
    Yeah limerick they are from..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hate the Rubber bandits but that was quality on Liveline today.

• Advertisement

According to an interview they did with MTV or someone, she's some Polish bird who's name they don't know because she's won't stop chewing the jaw off herself long enough for them to ask her.
    Should have know she wasnt from limerick..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

That_Guy wrote: »
    I hate the Rubber bandits but that was quality on Liveline today.

..in an ideal world, the woman from dublin and the other guy from limerick would actually have been part of the act...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

Actually shes Irish, her name is Madeline and shes a model from limerick

Nodin wrote: »
    ..in an ideal world, the woman from dublin and the other guy from limerick would actually have been part of the act...

Maybe they were, maybe it was all a big publicity stunt. It was RTE that put the song up in the first place. Maybe Willie wasn't really Willie either, it was the other guy from the bandits taking the piss?

I've heard a few spoofs of Joe Duffy and Live Line by apres match and other guys, but this was funnier than anything you could make up.

Nevermind_ wrote: »

Meh. Just repeating what the lads said themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

AH i was only having a laugh. I love limerick, some of my friends own it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

AH i was only having a laugh. I love limerick, some of my friends own it :D

Well if they bought it in the last 10 years, NAMA owns it now :D

Well if they bought it in the last 10 years, NAMA owns it now :D