Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits {merge}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

Did they swap it for a bag of yokes?
    Didnt have to swap anything. I heard they just took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I think that south and west Ireland find it a little bit funnier than the general Dublin area simply because of the sense of humour in it, its very "rural" in their references and I think Dublin people can't really relate so much to it. Your going to have mixed opinions on it, Paddy living in a bungalow down in a field in West Field Farm is going to find it a bit funnier than Maxwell who is living in an apartment in South Dublin and who works in graphic design for Stellar magazine

Your having a laugh ya????

Dublin isnt some mega city like tokyo or new york, its small fry compared to even some regional city's in England for christ sake.

Iv personally seen much more horses going around estates in Dublin than Limerick or Cork, and iv lived in all three. This comment just shows you up as ignorant to the reality that Dublin is a small city with large housing estates surrounding it, all of which have the same characteristics as any other estate in each city in this small island.

Take your head out of your ass man. This is the most stupid comment iv seen on boards. Thank you for giving me something to have a laugh about with lads later.

I think that south and west Ireland find it a little bit funnier than the general Dublin area simply because of the sense of humour in it, its very "rural" in their references and I think Dublin people can't really relate so much to it. Your going to have mixed opinions on it, Paddy living in a bungalow down in a field in West Field Farm is going to find it a bit funnier than Maxwell who is living in an apartment in South Dublin and who works in graphic design for Stellar magazine
    Well said mate. Spot on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

godscop wrote: »

I smell troll odour.

magma69 wrote: »
    I smell troll odour.
    I smell you ma on my fingers..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Sprouts

My opinion of Willie O'Dea has sky rocketed after that

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I smell you ma on my fingers..:D

Did you mean "your"? Because that makes it look like you're talking to your own ma. :eek: Dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Figured before I clicked this thread there'd be some nonsense from Dublin people. lol dubliners indeed. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I guess I go against the grain. I think it's hilarious.

p.s. I get jokes. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

if ye think horse outside is funny ye really need to check out their prank calls on youtube, hilarious stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kLxp2Z-v-k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

CHealy wrote: »
    Your having a laugh ya????

Dublin isnt some mega city like tokyo or new york, its small fry compared to even some regional city's in England for christ sake.

Iv personally seen much more horses going around estates in Dublin than Limerick or Cork, and iv lived in all three. This comment just shows you up as ignorant to the reality that Dublin is a small city with large housing estates surrounding it, all of which have the same characteristics as any other estate in each city in this small island.

Take your head out of your ass man. This is the most stupid comment iv seen on boards. Thank you for giving me something to have a laugh about with lads later.
    Well why don't you go and tell him Santa isn't real too, your just shattering his entire glass house around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

who's the bridesmaid from the video? shes hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

apparently her name is Madeline Mulqueen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

ScumLord wrote: »
    Well why don't you go and tell him Santa isn't real too, your just shattering his entire glass house around him.

PM sent, that didnt even come into my mind, thank you so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think the video's funnier than the song - bits of it hilarious. I think the song is only funny in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I was surprised and quite liked the Horse outside song, but the liveline interview blew me away. Blindboy was able to articulate clearly what he was doing, and he sounded reasonable and cleverer than anyone else. Willie O'Dea can suck an egg though.

I've now heard Joe Duffy's voice. Nothing will ever be the same again.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

"its an absolute joke" "you've hit the nail right on the head there biyy"

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

First caller: "There are far more pressing issues out there at the moment"

Yes, there is!

So why are you calling up ranting about a non-issue you complete idiot?!
    You have to wonder how the people who call Joe Duffy day-in-day-out live their lives.

Must be seriously depressing...

Promoting drug use? How? Honestly, how?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

blow69 wrote: »
    First caller: "There are far more pressing issues out there at the moment"

Yes, there is!

So why are you calling up ranting about a non-issue you complete idiot?!
    You have to wonder how the people who call Joe Duffy day-in-day-out live their lives.

Must be seriously depressing...

Promoting drug use? How? Honestly, how?

After everyone interesting left, some guy came on complaining that Common sense shouldn't have to bow to reality...

http://www.nialler9.com/2010/12/15/listen-liveline-rubberbandits-willie-odea/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Love it.
    Response of the century tbh :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Love it.

I was in tears when he was on :D

Gift Grub in it's pomp never made a Liveline show as funny as this!

I'm struck by the intelligence of those boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Blind boy is a legend! Just listened to it there. Listening to Willie O' Dea flounder around was a bit embarrassing but thank God someone (Blind boy) came on to set them straight. I noticed most of the callers against the song weren't young people, weren't from Limerick and very, very aloof. What a load of shíte, if I've ever heard it.

It doesn't say much for the intelligence of the people who called into Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

jumpguy wrote: »

It doesn't say much for the intelligence of the people who called into Liveline.

What were you expecting exactly? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I think they're quite funny.

Much funnier than Hardy bucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I liked their guide to Limerick, thought that was good. Not a fan of the song, but if it beats X-Factor for no. 1 then I'm not complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good ol' Willie - I'm voting FF now (like fvck I am!).. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Jebus that Liveline podcast cheered me right up. People need to get a grip. It's fu*kin satire. It could be applied to any scumbag from any city or town in the country, they just happen to have Limerick accents.

You'd bloody wonder about this country sometimes with the kind of people you get ringing and moaning to Joe Duffy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Have to say yer man Blindboy was on the ball, the song is a joke and unfortunately there are plenty of dour humorless people out there who have to have jokes explained to them. How anyone could come away from watching that video thinking it was promoting or glamorizing drug culture is beyond me.

There are drug references in songs that get far more airplay than Horse Outside, off the top of my head "MDMA got you feeling like a champion" from Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z, is "Golden Brown" by the Stranglers a song about that color or about a substance of that color? FFS, get a grip Liveline listeners, there are probably drug references in your favorite songs or in the lyrics of songs by your favorite band(s), deal with it.

Advertisement