Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits {merge}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Things were getting out of hand until Blindboy called in, he vanquished the sad folks who had called in with calm, clear and sensible words.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Things were getting out of hand until Blindboy called in, he vanquished the sad folks who had called in with calm, clear and sensible words.
    yeah i think joe actually lost the interview there, until blind boy came in and fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Have to say I laughed my ass off at the vid when I saw it first last Saturday. Have forwarded it to many friends and watched it many more times since. It's just a laugh but I tell you one thing - the video itself is very well made for an amature outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    but I tell you one thing - the video itself is very well made for an amature outfit.

Many agree........Rte are a pure amature outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

It reminded me of:

"I wanna see less Homer Simpsons, and more money for public schools"

• Advertisement

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Jebus that Liveline podcast cheered me right up. People need to get a grip. It's fu*kin satire. It could be applied to any scumbag from any city or town in the country, they just happen to have Limerick accents.

You'd bloody wonder about this country sometimes with the kind of people you get ringing and moaning to Joe Duffy

At least they're only ringing into Joe thinking they're making a difference rather than actually acting on their opinions. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delonglad

I think the man moves like Michael Jackson at time in "Horse Outside"

Ya!

Great tune.. Goan da biys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Good ol' Willie - I'm voting FF now (like fvck I am!).. :P

That's what he's hoping for alright, the twat.
    Listening to the 'shocked' caller to Liveline who kicked off this 'scandal', on the audio a previous poster graciously provided, i couldn't help but think he might be a plant; either by the Rubberbandit's themselves in order to gain publicity or, more likely, by good ol' Joe and Liveline in order to whip up a bit of controversy.
    Something about the way he's addressing the subject doesn't ring true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

The aul wan brigade never caught a sniff of this video obviously:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Fair play to him, Joe seems so out place, he knew that blindboy was taking the p*ss out of the whole thing and Joe knew it was all rubbish after a while,

''Joe Mcardles song is about doing heroin on a bus''

God bless em:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

have to say I like the song, the extra moeny RTE gave them really showed.... "Il take you out to Mullingar!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I had to laugh at that that woman who came on

Willie O'Dea- "Your obviously from another political party"

Woman - "Im a Fianna Fail formaer Lord Mayor and I ran for the EU elections when you were a minister!"

Willie - "Ehhh"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The whole thing was like an episode of Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Trog wrote: »
    The aul wan brigade never caught a sniff of this video obviously:

Way funnier than Hourse Outside tbh, its even more Limerick orientated, even has a shoutout to the most well known wino in town Annie Fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Just listened to the podcast. I didn't even get what the complainers points were. Did they want it banned or did they just ring up to say that they think it's offensive? Or was it that Willie promoted something that they found offensive?

F*ck off and don't listen to the music or vote for Willie then.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

Hilarious when willie quotes the song about him......."swearing on my tash that it's good hash"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

"There are far more pressing issues out there"

So why are you calling up a national radio station outraged over it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭diamondtooth

Its No.1 (and No.17) on iTunes!! Wahoo. Its ahead of that X Factor crap. Hope it goes No.1 this week and for Christmas aswell.

Its No.124 on UK iTunes. Seems to be climbing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

I have to say. I'm so surprised at how well your man from the Rubberbandits argued his case. I tought he was just going to act the bollix and rip into people. Fair play to him!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I personally don't get the joke.

And if this reaches number 1 for Christmas we as a nation will look back in years to come and hang our heads in shame.

Get back under your rock..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I like them, think they are like the hardy bucks but up a notch or two. I heard "roison, I wanna fight your father" on the radio ages ago and thought it was hilarious.

As for Dublin ppl not getting it I have to laugh, this country is a village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

JonB wrote: »
    I have to say. I'm so surprised at how well your man from the Rubberbandits argued his case. I tought he was just going to act the bollix and rip into people. Fair play to him!!!!!!!

Yeah I agree, I thought he came across very well.

Just finished listening to the podcast

Blind Boy was very articulate and came across well, he schooled Anthony on several points

Fair play to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

JonB wrote: »
    Also i think it was brilliant the way he didnt lose his cool with Anthony when his only argument was "this is a joke" . He walked away from it better than he went in and didnt give any ammo to the cranks to call him a "pup" which is what a lot of joe d listeners look for.

Btw are any of you laughing at limerick because of this as Anthony said? im certainly not and im a regular visitor to the city and i know what a nice place it can be .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Btw are any of you laughing at limerick because of this as Anthony said? im certainly not and im a regular visitor to the city and i know what a nice place it can be .

This is a good point, and no, personally I'm not at all. To be honest Limerick didn't even occur to me while I was watching it, I was just pissing myself laughing. The only thing that I could use to remotely link it to Limerick is the accent.

They said Thomas St, very central street in Limerick. That's how I linked to Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Its very funny stuff. I like them a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:mad: the video is crass, offensive and sinister. It eulogises the drug culture,
    violence, traveller culture and is degrading to women.
    I don't think this would make it on to any UK or european TV networks as they have something even RTE lack - a code of respect.
    In the end it makes Limerick the laughing stock of the nation and Willie O' Dea is a spineless opportunist.
    To those who think its 'great craic' try arguing that at your next job inteview and see your career slide down the toilet.
    I despair of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

recipio wrote: »
    :mad: the video is crass, offensive and sinister. It eulogises the drug culture,
    violence, traveller culture and is degrading to women.

I don't think this would make it on to any UK or european TV networks as they have something even RTE lack - a code of respect.
    In the end it makes Limerick the laughing stock of the nation and Willie O' Dea is a spineless opportunist.
    To those who think its 'great craic' try arguing that at your next job inteview and see your career slide down the toilet.
    I despair of this country.

Care to elaborate on the sweeping statement highlighted above?

As a woman I don't find it degrading at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

recipio wrote: »

You're an Eric Clapton fan, yes?

Advertisement