Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits {merge}

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

recipio wrote: »
    :mad: the video is crass, offensive and sinister. It eulogises the drug culture,
    violence, traveller culture and is degrading to women.
    I don't think this would make it on to any UK or european TV networks as they have something even RTE lack - a code of respect.
    In the end it makes Limerick the laughing stock of the nation and Willie O' Dea is a spineless opportunist.
    To those who think its 'great craic' try arguing that at your next job inteview and see your career slide down the toilet.
    I despair of this country.

Is that you Anthony??

Don't know how someone with such a pathetic opinion even found their way into AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Just noticed there's a horse outside in my front garden...of all the things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Willie O' Dea got lampooned and laughed at and still managed to have a sense of humor about it.
    So well done and fair play to him

Maybe you should do the same recipo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

ENOUGH!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Ya sure that's not a field bai?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Neigh! I don't believe it

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

relax, its just Sarah Jessica Parker

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Shoot it before it eats you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

ascanbe wrote: »
    Just noticed there's a horse outside in my front garden...of all the things.

F**k your horse, I've a Shetland pony outside!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

relax, its just Sarah Jessica Parker

6min 45 seconds into that, best laugh you'll have all night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

dan1895 wrote: »
    F**k your horse, I've a Shetland pony outside!

F*ck your Shetland Pony, I've a potted plant outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Take its mickey measurements

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I can't believe no one said it yet...

PICS or GTFO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

I don't think this would make it on to any UK or european TV networks as they have something even RTE lack - a code of respect.

Devvo on E4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4PthyDuFbk

Oh, and you have no sense of humour obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

:mad: the video is crass, offensive and sinister. It eulogises the drug culture,
    In the end it makes Limerick the laughing stock of the nation and Willie O' Dea is a spineless opportunist.
    To those who think its 'great craic' try arguing that at your next job inteview and see your career slide down the toilet.

youre being ironic right?

right??

It's not a trivial matter, though. It's not like seeing a stray dog or something in your garden; can't just run him out of there or adopt him as a pet.
    I've rang the guards anyway; hopefully they'll locate the owner and we'll go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Well this thread is a load of shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Does it look like Billie Piper after half an ounce of coke? If so she's my hoorse.

/gets coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Hah! Why would I be discussing the Rubberbandits at a job interview?

That makes no sense.

Have you ever indulged in oral sex at all recipio? Bet you quite enjoyed it. Try discussing that at your next job interview though and see how it goes down.

Why on earth would something like this come up in a job interview? That's just ludicrous.

As for saying this would never be shown on a UK channel? Did you happen to see Jerry Springer the Musical? The BrassEye Special on paedophilia?

Of course they'd show this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ascanbe wrote: »
    I've rang the guards anyway.

one horse appears in a video with the rubberbandits, and suddenly ALL horses are criminals. typical :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Didn't know they had the internet in halting sites these days. Good for you OP.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Why on earth would something like this come up in a job interview? That's just ludicrous.

OK Mr. Doyle, here at Job Inc. we have a very active social scene, tell me, what do you get up to when you're not at work?

Well, I enjoy trading bags of yokes for horses and various other activities including eulogising the drug culture, violence, traveller culture, oh and on the weekends I degrade women while dressed in a suit with a plastic bag over my face. The usual kind of thing, ya know.
    So... do I get the job?

On a more serious note, they're not travelers either, that's just how they talk in Limerick. How rude of you.

People who don't get that they're taking the p*ss are a bit slow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

"you have to look at the subtext" recipo.

zuroph wrote: »
    "you have to look at the subtext" recipo.

He can't hear you - he's gone around to Ed Norton's house to call him a racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Hah! Why would I be discussing the Rubberbandits at a job interview?

That makes no sense.

Have you ever indulged in oral sex at all recipio? Bet you quite enjoyed it. Try discussing that at your next job interview though and see how it goes down.

As for saying this would never be shown on a UK channel? Did you happen to see Jerry Springer the Musical? The BrassEye Special on paedophilia?

Of course they'd show this.

fantastic wordplay, well done sir ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

No, the video is funny, satirical and clever. It makes a mockery of the drug culture, violence etc. If you think anyone aspires to be like the characters portrayed in the video then you need to take a step back into the real world because theses characters aren't supposed to be glamorous.

It probably wouldn't make it onto TV, even though there's no overtly offensive content in the video, it is a comedy video after all. That's just an unfortunate aspect of the PC nanny state we live in that people like you have created. The video hasn't been on RTE anyway, it's on youtube.

Limerick isn't considered a laughing stock, it's considered a fairly wild and dangerous city by many, most of whom probably haven't even visited it. The Rubber Bandits have grown up with this attitude and seen the ridiculousness of the situation and are portraying it light heartedly. They're basically exagerating the publics perception of Limerick for laughs. That's funny. That's comedy. That's pure talent. They're about the funniest thing this country has produced for over a decade and Limerick should be proud of that. I don't think of limerick as funny. I don't think "limerick" and laugh.

Willie O Dea is far from spineless. Name one politician who would ever come out in full support of something a little controversial. That took balls today and he has nothing to gain from it so fair play to him.

I don't get your point here, it's just nonsense. Why would this topic even come up in a job interview? I think we all despair this country every now and again but it's more often the fault of people like yourself pushing ill informed draconian opinions on the rest of us who have better sense than to take a comedy act so seriously.

I can't believe no one said it yet...

PICS or GTFO!!!

Turaned on the flood-lights and got a shot:

http://horse.1cheval.com/pictures/freedom/UFloorMe99.jpg

He/she's a beauty!

• Advertisement

Elohim wrote: »
    Didn't know they had the internet in halting sites these days. Good for you OP.

I'm settled, boss; have none of me own harses.

Advertisement