Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits {merge}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ave Nocturna

Baaahahahaha go on the Willie! He had me in stitches

His moustache would be perfect for yoke storage...

This Liveline conversation made me think of "Priestline" ... "Ehhh stupid priests..." in Father Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 46 InquiringMind

Someone should show Anthony the "bags of glue" video :D

Anyone with half a brain can see that the Rubberbandits songs are not to be taken seriously. I mean "magic lump" is about a lump in his scrotum that, when rubbed, causes puff of smoke to come out of his hole and a genie that smells of piss to appear, should we be outraged that this song might make fun of testicular cancer or other testicular diseases?

"Pure Awkward" is about smoking crack with Ice Cube and then kissing him and then having Snoop and Dr.Dre taking the piss out of them for it :D

Anthony is an ignorant muppet, he has no idea what the Rubberbandits are about. There is plenty of other smut, violence and drug related tv brodcast straight in to homes across the nation that no one seems to care about.

Then there's the second person that came on the Radio saying her kids showed her the video. She lets her kids have unmonitored internet access :confused: Jeebus only know what they have been looking at that they didn't show her. Those kids thought the video was tame enough to show it to their mother ffs, they saw the funny side of it and had sense enough to know that it wasn't serious.

I don't use iTunes but I'd download and install it and buy a heap of copies of "Horse Outside" in the hope that it makes it to No.1 just to sicken muppets like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

joe duffy makes a living out of being the biggest WUM out there.

The professional **** stirrer is the radio version of the daily mail.

Deliberately stokes up arguments and the easily led morons ring up and voice their anger.

All the while the fat faced, beady eyed little gossip sits back and counts his ratings.

All i want for Christmas is for that chubby spastic to be caught **** on the luas, ala prendeville.

And he looks like a space invader who when he speaks to you, you can feel his hot smelly breath on your face.

Take that joe you fcuking prick! :pac:

How much does this retard earn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

khmk wrote: »
    joe duffy makes a living out of being the biggest WUM out there.

Sorry, what WUM?
    khmk wrote: »

How much does this retard earn?

And close to 400 thousand euro a year.
    Philip Boucher Hayes did a few weeks and would do even a better job on 100k a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RobR

The teenagers and kids of today are as likely to be led to take drugs from this song as they are to be led to believe that the way to get the girl is to indeed, have a horse outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Sorry, what WUM?

An insult to retards.
    Philip Boucher Hayes did a few weeks and would do even a better job on 100k a year

sorry,

Wind Up Merchant.

400k:eek:

is there a radio based phone in show i can ring in complain or should we just stop the bullshiit and call him out for what he is?

professional gossip pays pretty good.

just goes to show that getting bullied in school does pay off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

"Pure Awkward" is about smoking crack with Ice Cube and then kissing him and then having Snoop and Dr.Dre taking the piss out of them for it :D

They actually got to perform this at Ice Cube's gig at Tripod a while back and afterwards they presented him with a ceremonial hurley! One of the lads came to a reggae night with us later on where he showed us pictures of the 'presentation ceremony' on his phone-unfortunately these will never be made public because Ice Cube's security made them take off the plastic bags before meeting him. What can I say? They're two totally sound lads, funny fúckers and have cojones of steel. I'm just surprised it's taken them this long to achieve the popularity they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭grungepants

reganovich wrote: »
    Enjoyed the Rubber bandits, hilarious that Willie O Dea is on liveline sticking in for them.He's a total opportunist but sure no publicity is bad publicity.

Fascinating that they have such a following among hip dublin southsiders.

Fionn fiachra and caca milis are really into comedy hip hop it seems. Like they have a sixth sense amongst themselves of what's "in"

Dublin at times... strange place, no shortage of pretentious arseholes...

although they may have got it right with their love of the rubber bandits.

like....you wouldnt get it man....me and caca just have this connection where we know when somethings funny you know?
    your just not posh enough you'll get it one day if your lucky enough to marry a posh person or normal people as we call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Thank christ Joe doesn't know how to use Youtube, or he might have found Bag of Glue.

Blindboy was brilliant, answered every point smartly and with razor wit, and wasn't going to be shouted down. I had been thinking of Rubberbandits as an amusing novelty act, but Jaysus on the strength of that, there might be a streak of genius to them. It's not easy to get stuck into an argument that stupid and loaded against you, to fight your case that well and remain in-character the whole time.

That said, I have to say, I honestly never thought I'd see the day when Willie O'bloody Dea was the last champion of common sense in this country. But there you go. Dark days, I suppose, but fair play. Not his biggest fan by and large, but I was well impressed by him in this discussion. He held his ground despite our cerebrally challenged chum Anthony and his halfwit chums incessant hectoring and brainless blathering out of them, and despite Duffy's best efforts to embarrass him. Particularly impressed about his attitude to the Rubberbandits' previous song about himself, too. Nice one.

The only thing that I did find myself yelling at my laptop was that nobody once spelled it out for the Uptight Citizens Brigade, in terms that people that stupid can understand - at no point does the song "glamourise" the behaviour that's portrayed in it. There is, in fact, a notable absence of glamour anywhere in that video. There's a freaking horse outside, for Christ's sake.

Reminded me of the story about somebody accusing Danny Boyle of making heroin addiction glamorous in Trainspotting. Yeah, nothing like reaching into a crap-spattered toilet bowl for a suppository to bring a bit of glamour alright....

I daresay this might have been posted already, but just in case, Wheel Spinning Hamster Dead's take on Anthony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

recipio wrote: »
    Well everybody, I suppose I'm missing something. However I don't see how the repeated use of the F word and giving the two fingers by a guy in a mask is humerous.Its just plain offensive.I especially object to the theme of a wedding being highjacked so that the singer can pick up his moll with crude sexual references and the priest issuing the FU from the altar.
    The job interview reference was my attempt to say if you defend this type of crap you would get 10 out of 10 - for juvenile immaturity and poor judgement- from me anyway.
    The country is in a bad enough state ( thanks to incompetent politicians like WO'D ) but do we have to lose our self respect also. ?

So when Eric Clapton played "cocaine", did you walk out....?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Sorry, what WUM?

An insult to retards.

Lol!!!! I'm the same there is too many abbreviations on boards lately and i think people make them up on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nodin wrote: »
    So when Eric Clapton played "cocaine", did you walk out....?

Totally different - he's not Irish so it's ok.
    bungler wrote: »
    Lol!!!! I'm the same there is too many abbreviations on boards lately and i think people make them up on the spot.

NTDH

No they don't. Honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Crazy Prices bag full of Bostik sham!

Get into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Sprouts wrote: »
    My opinion of Willie O'Dea has sky rocketed after that

FF will get back into government on the back of it. Fair play to the Rubber bandits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hairybowsie

Meh.

More mental energy wasted with trying to get this to no. 1 or even debating its merits.

A lot more important things to be filling people's attention at the moment ... lot more worthy targets of ridicule than those featured in this piece of fluff

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

More mental energy wasted with trying to get this to no. 1 or even debating its merits.

A lot more important things to be filling people's attention at the moment ... lot more worthy targets of ridicule than those featured in this piece of fluff

This type of argument makes no sense. You just wasted mental energy posting this. And if there are more worthy things to be filling people's attention, why did you waste precious time posting? And I think the boy racer and scumbag culture the song sends up are perfectly worthy of ridicule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Dara O Briain and nicky from westlife support Rubberbandits

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1214/rubberbandits.html

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

bungler wrote: »
    Dara O Briain and nicky from westlife support Rubberbandits

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1214/rubberbandits.html

Well thank **** for that.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hairybowsie

dapto1 wrote: »
    This type of argument makes no sense. You just wasted mental energy posting this. And if there are more worthy things to be filling people's attention, why did you waste precious time posting? And I think the boy racer and scumbag culture the song sends up are perfectly worthy of ridicule.

I wasn't referring to my mental energy .. the whole country is talking about this video. A disproportionate amount of people's attention is being diverted down this harmless and pointless avenue of debate while Rome burns.

No wonder the politicians are jumping on to this.

Did not say that boy racers or whoever they are getting weren't worthy of ridicule though.

I wasn't referring to my mental energy .. the whole country is talking about this video. A disproportionate amount of people's attention is being diverted down this harmless and pointless avenue of debate while Rome burns.

Did not say it wasn't worthy of ridicule though.

Typical Ireland the countrys its on its arse, everyone is up in arms over a song. Is it any wonder the bankers etc are laughing. Clowns ringing joe duffy, outrage. The country is a ****ing disgrace tbh. A nation of gutless, spoilt, cowards and the sad thing is the goverment know it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Did not say that boy racers or whoever they are getting weren't worthy of ridicule though.

Exactly, HOW DARE anyone like something which is a bit of craic when it's our patriotic duty to constantly wallow in our own misery.

What a 'tard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've never heard as much reaction over the awful, self-indulgent, money-spinning Xmas No.1 challengers before now.

Joe Duffy = A professional shìt-stirrer who gets idiots riled up to keep that over-paid cheque of his coming in.

I don't find the song THAT funny, especially since everyone has said the chorus to death now, but I'd much rather seeing it succeed than the other X-Factor shìte.

Exactly, HOW DARE anyone like something which is a bit of craic when it's our patriotic duty to constantly wallow in our own misery.

What a 'tard.
    Typical irish the craic..Once we have loads of friends on facebook, drink, x factor, we can bury our heads in the sand. Lets worry about who will be the christmas no 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

:mad: the video is crass, offensive and sinister. It eulogises the drug culture,
    violence, traveller culture and is degrading to women.
    I don't think this would make it on to any UK or european TV networks as they have something even RTE lack - a code of respect.
    In the end it makes Limerick the laughing stock of the nation and Willie O' Dea is a spineless opportunist.
    To those who think its 'great craic' try arguing that at your next job inteview and see your career slide down the toilet.
    I despair of this country.

even worse than Anthony..I'd say more but I'd get banned for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I've never heard as much reaction over the awful, self-indulgent, money-spinning Xmas No.1 challengers before now.

Joe Duffy = A professional shìt-stirrer who gets idiots riled up to keep that over-paid cheque of his coming in.

I don't find the song THAT funny, especially since everyone has said the chorus to death now, but I'd much rather seeing it succeed than the other X-Factor shìte.

I think the proceeds for Horse Outside are going to Barnardos.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

To those who think its 'great craic' try arguing that at your next job inteview and see your career slide down the toilet.
    I despair of this country.

I'd be more concerned about somebody being in a position to interview others who didn't have the cop on to recognise satire tbh.

By the by, I have seen an awful lot worse on TV on the continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

I think the proceeds for Horse Outside are going to Barnardos.

They aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

They're pretty much the same as richie kavanagh but with curse words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

WTF! I didn't subscribe to this thread boards! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They're pretty much the same as richie kavanagh but with curse words
    You didn't do much research there before you made that statement?

Advertisement