Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night on the Tiles

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

enjoy your nite.. try not to trip over his man bag ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Sit up by the dartboard in kervicks, that's fairly exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Max Powers wrote: »
    WHAT? of course im from here, yeah maybe not as regular onthetown as i used to. Rubys is on the corner of parnell st and john st yeah??? the downstairs bit, havent been upstairs in years. downstairs had decent old few live local bands in there?

All gone. Woodman re opened today. No live bands.

Rubys is dead. The foundry will rise in its place next march.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

FadeStGal wrote: »
    Tonight is the night :D

Hoping for a mad weekend. Usually is when we all get together though!

Thanks to those who gave genuine advice. Really appreciate it. I think I managed to figure out which posts were 'wacky' responses :p

Curious as to whether there's any place that's a bit 'exclusive'? Thinking along the lines of a VIP type area over a dance floor maybe? Don't mean to be snobby or anything by the way.

Oh, and Heathen... :rolleyes:

A modern man keeps up with fashion and can wear whatever is 'in' and be comfortable with it. If a 'real man' is one of those bearded labourers who like to show off their disgusting arse crack, you are welcome to them. You should probably run along and have the dinner ready for your 'real man' anyway honey. Surprised he allows you to use the internet to be honest!

FSG X
    Revolution has a series of booths that can be reserved for a group. Not sure whether you'd need to book one on a night like tonight, but Flash would certainly be the personable kind of guy that would know how to treat people who have money to spend.

Waterford doesn't really have the market for VIP areas. I think that Oxygen tried a VIP area for a while. Then it closed down.

Enjoy your night anyway, it should be busy enough with all the Christmas parties that are on this weekend! I'll be gracing a place with my presence for sure, which means it'll be a barrel of (albeit nervous) laughs for all around me.

PS: Skinny jeans are for girls. End of story as far as I'm concerned. They'll be those things that everyone will look back on in 30 years time and wish they could wipe all memory of them because of how hideous they looked! Anyway, I have enough trouble trying to coax my phone of my pocket in normal jeans and would become nigh on suicidal if I had to wrestle with those things every time I got a text!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Thanks to those who gave genuine advice. Really appreciate it. I think I managed to figure out which posts were 'wacky' responses :p

Curious as to whether there's any place that's a bit 'exclusive'? Thinking along the lines of a VIP type area over a dance floor maybe? Don't mean to be snobby or anything by the way.

A modern man keeps up with fashion and can wear whatever is 'in' and be comfortable with it. If a 'real man' is one of those bearded labourers who like to show off their disgusting arse crack, you are welcome to them. You should probably run along and have the dinner ready for your 'real man' anyway honey. Surprised he allows you to use the internet to be honest!

FSG X

sweet Jesus,

All I can say FSG is that I didn't really need to ask your age.

Hope ya have a good one.

BTW, Fade Street is actually the worst show ever made :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

FSG X

Waterford clubs dont have VIP areas ha ha why in gods name would you want that? go back to fake street muppets:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

Waterford clubs dont have VIP areas ha ha why in gods name would you want that? go back to fake street muppets:rolleyes:

That's a great attitude, the girls are only looking for a good night out, and to spend a load of money in waterford, this is the welcome they get?

That and all the smartarse remarks from other posters, they make me sick.

The internet is serious business you know.

@Fadestgal: Welcome to the waterford city board, I kind of run things around here, if you need anything let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

newportwex wrote: »
    That's a great attitude, the girls are only looking for a good night out, and to spend a load of money in waterford, this is the welcome they get?

That and all the smartarse remarks from other posters, they make me sick.

The internet is serious business you know.

@Fadestgal: Welcome to the waterford city board, I kind of run things around here, if you need anything let me know.

The most hated people in Ireland:D Come into the real world

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056093972&highlight=fade+street

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056083020&highlight=fade+street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Heathen wrote: »
    dear lord... what has the world come too?? skinny jeans? really?!!?

a real man would not be caught dead in a pair of them!!

I agree 100%. When it comes to jeans real men (like me) need their space, if you know what I mean.

WTF is fade street?

• Advertisement

WTF is fade street?

Think of The hills set in Dublin but 1000 times worse.

WTF is the hills?! Jesus Im getting old. What channel are these shows on?

Hills is MTV Fade street is Rte.

Your missing nothing, If it wasn't for mrs ziedth I'd know more about the old testament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

FSG X
    born with the silver spoon in your mouth me thinks!!!!!and a fella wearing skinny jeans they aint men at all there boys haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

WTF is the hills?! Jesus Im getting old. What channel are these shows on?

Save yourself the time and don't watch these videos ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Lets just leave the personal insults, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

If it was tonight that you were out I hope you avoided the toddle. First and only time:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

ziedth wrote: »
    Hills is MTV Fade street is Rte.
    Wasn't there a time when the 'M' in MTV stood for music? :)

Regards...jmcc

FSG X

Well how did you get on last night,or are you still in bed *looking down at a pair of skinny jeans on the floor*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

If it was tonight that you were out I hope you avoided the toddle. First and only time:(

I heard there was a right bust up in there. Fella glassed, chairs used and someone metioned a 2by4, feckin hell! :eek:

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »
    I heard there was a right bust up in there. Fella glassed, chairs used and someone metioned a 2by4, feckin hell! :eek:

I heard someone tried to throw the pool table out the window!!

I heard someone tried to throw the pool table out the window!!

LOL! Oh god.

I'm after seeing some amount of facebook status updates about a very eventful night in the toddle alright.

deisedevil wrote: »
    LOL! Oh god.

I'm after seeing some amount of facebook status updates about a very eventful night in the toddle alright.

Ha Ha, Me Too!!

You'd swear that there was a Michael Bay-esque shootout by the way my homepage is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Cliffs notes for those of us [un]fortunate enough to not have any friends that frequent the place?

AdMMM wrote: »
    Cliffs notes for those of us [un]fortunate enough to not have any friends that frequent the place?

Murder in there last night boy,as others said fellas knockin the ****e out of each other!

Should be grand tonight though :D

4 vs 1. weapons included bottles, stools and I can confirm a metre length of 4x2. Blood all over the floor. The guy on his own was gettin kicked all over the place on the floor. Than he got up ripped his clothes off, the other lads were kinda shocked he got up and panicked then. Threathened to come back and shoot them. Cops arrived did nothin, blood pouring out of people and didn't even speak to them.
    So about an hour passes by was outside front door havin a smoke and I notice the guy who threatened to come back and shoot the guys jump out of a taxi and run up the alleyway wearing a balaclava rolled up over his face. Bar men run out to us and dragged us in inside and shut the doors. He came back around the front and tried to smash the window. Then jumped back into the taxi and took off. No idea what happened when he went around the back.

AdMMM wrote: »

seems to have been fistycuffs which moved onto bottles and finally onto someone wielding a 2x4.

I got a pic of the suspect that was involved:

wrestling_mascots_9.jpg

:)

4 vs 1. weapons included bottles, stools and I can confirm a metre length of 4x2. Blood all over the floor. The guy on his own was gettin kicked all over the place on the floor. Than he got up ripped his clothes off, the other lads were kinda shocked he got up and panicked then. Threathened to come back and shoot them. Cops arrived did nothin, blood pouring out of people and didn't even speak to them.
    So about an hour passes by was outside front door havin a smoke and I notice the guy who threatened to come back and shoot the guys jump out of a taxi and run up the alleyway wearing a balaclava rolled up over his face. Bar men run out to us and dragged us in inside and shut the doors. He came back around the front and tried to smash the window. Then jumped back into the taxi and took off. No idea what happened when he went around the back.

I'd keep all that to yourself if I was you.

Christ that sounds crazy alright!

Delete it.......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

jaysis, sounds like an eventful nite in the toddle.. 3euro for pints of rocket fuel up there too? hehe the lad wasnt russian by any chance? i was up by tycor the other night and some mad russian fella started threatening to shoot me with his kalashnikov.. for no reason when i got out of my car??!!?

he seemed pretty adamant that he owned a kalashnikov by repeating "i am serious, i have gun, i am going to shoot you, this is not joking i have kalashnikov, i am going to kill you"

he was in his late 30's.. i just finished my smoke and walked away.. something in the back of my head said.. "he looks crazy enough to actually have an AK47 in his gaff"

Advertisement