Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am stressed - maybe parenting classes

Options
  • 15-12-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I have two beautiful children who believe me in comparison to some children I know are angels and I shout at them and dismiss them for no reason and I know I'm doing it but don't know how to stop it.

I have never hit them or slapped them as I don't believe in it, but they are at the age know where my oldest asking me why was I always angry with them and I am just wondering would it be good to do a parenting course to help me. I do watch super nanny and all them and sit there thinking OMG that is me but feel like a failure and don't know really where to turn.

If anyone has done any of these courses or any recommendations of goods books or anything I would appreciate it.

The kids are 5 & 7.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved to main Parenting forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Pistachio

Hi, firstly I'd like to say that you are not alone in feeling like you do, a lot of parents feel like they should be doing things differently. You don't say where you are located but if there are any Incredible Years Parenting programs running locally its great. I found it made a huge difference to me and my family. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Pistachio,

I am based in Carlow. I just feel that I am the adult and I should behave like the adult and more times I am throwing bigger tantrums than the kids and I think it is the way I am looking at things and of course how I remember being treated when I was growing up and I want to break the cycle.

I want to be the best mom a child could ever want or need and I want to know that I raised emotionally balanced children who have happy child hoods and I do not think that is what I am giving them right now - they are happy, don't get me wrong, children are soooo resiliant, but I want them to be happier if that makes sense.

My other problem is because I work I need an evening based or weekend based workshop something like that.

Advertisement