Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3UK - All-you-can-eat Data

Options
  • 15-12-2010 3:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Three in UK have announced unlimited data for smartphones
    http://blog.three.co.uk/2010/12/15/new-all-you-can-eat-data-on-the-one-plan/#more-1527
    Unlike other data plans, there are no restrictions and no crafty ‘fair usage’ policies containing hidden data caps. .... Our new world has no data restrictions, you can use as much as you want and we’ll never charge you a penny more.

Any chance of same here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

conolan wrote: »
    Any chance of same here?

Not on your life! lol

I would love to see a network in this country embrace a policy such as this, regardless of how it affects congestion, as it would mean less hassle for customers and for the networks' customer care departments. Also, congestion isn't something a customer should have to worry about; it's the network's problem. If networks just took more responsibility for their rubbish networks and invested the time, money and effort into making them what we all expect, then we'd all be much better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's a clever marketing ploy because it recognizes that smartphone users are als using wifi and will unlikely eat up a huge amount of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Does the 'three like home' charging system not work with this? I'm pretty sure last time i was in the UK my phone worked the same way it does in Ireland, including using my internet bundle when i went online. If this was the case a crafty person could probably use a 3uk sim to get unlimited internet in ireland....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Does the 'three like home' charging system not work with this? I'm pretty sure last time i was in the UK my phone worked the same way it does in Ireland, including using my internet bundle when i went online. If this was the case a crafty person could probably use a 3uk sim to get unlimited internet in ireland....?

Yes they could :) but you would have to sign up to 3 UK bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Unfortunately 3UK does not offer 3-like-home anymore. :(

o2-UK state that somehting like 98% of iPhone customers use less than 500GB per month. I would assume Android and WP7 would be similar, BB significantly less. The 1 plan already offers 1GB, a huge amount of data. This is great publicity and will probably have little to no effect on their network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

it also says that tethering is ok though, so you more or less have unlimited midband internet on your computer as well. Would definitely be the best option for someone living in an apartment short-term or who moves around a lot with their laptop. In fact, if i could pay 25 euro for that same deal here i'd snap it up.

Advertisement