Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPRC

Options
  • 15-12-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

MPRC (Mobile Phone Repair Company) Just dropped my Nokia phone into these guys which is covered under warranty and they say unless you bring it back to the shop where you bought it, it will be 15e for the repair (Handling Fee) is this a new charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hey Kenny, yea this handling charge has only been introduced in the past month or so AFAIK. We got a mail at work to inform customers that that there would be a charge if they went to MPRC direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yup, heard about that too. It's basically to facilate the cost of having someone present to take in the phone, which is understandable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I dropped my N97 out to them early this year and there was a girl at the reception who took it off me so whats the charge for,Also is fone menders going to go down the same route and what if you bought your phone online i know the likes of the 3 stores wont take a phone back if bought from the online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I won't be using them again anyway by dropping it in your saving them postage anyway, they don't even have a number you can ring to check the status. Fonemenders is still free to drop it in or 20e for a 60min turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I won't be using them again anyway by dropping it in your saving them postage anyway, they don't even have a number you can ring to check the status.

They have a freepost address, and you can check the status online on their site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement