Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating presents to charity

• 15-12-2010 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone has info in relation to donating gifts to a charity in Waterford...
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ilovetorun wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone has info in relation to donating gifts to a charity in Waterford...
    Thanks in advance

What sort of pressies? Just call into a charity shop, they'll take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

dayshah wrote: »
    What sort of pressies? Just call into a charity shop, they'll take them.

I would advise against this. I'm assuming the OP wants to give the presents to Someone who really needs them. I know that in the charity shop near me the staff pockets half of the money themselves and if something really good is handed in they keep it for themselves. Can't paint them all with the same brush but better donating to a womens shelter or similar IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Well if its men's clothes or shoes the men's shelter on lady lane would be a good place. I heard they particularly need shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

D e e wrote: »
    I would advise against this. I'm assuming the OP wants to give the presents to Someone who really needs them. I know that in the charity shop near me the staff pockets half of the money themselves and if something really good is handed in they keep it for themselves. Can't paint them all with the same brush but better donating to a womens shelter or similar IMO

I don't know about pocketing the money, but I do know a person that tells me she takes the best of clothes for herself,she could be telling me lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Does she "take" them for herself or buy them for herself? If she buys them does it really matter?

Here's a cliche for ya - we live in a cynical world - and now every charity is under suspicion. The SVP know the families that are in need - they see them everyday. That would be my choice tbh but all legitimate charities do good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

They are presents for kids, I had hoped to donate them for the Toys for Tubs charity but I missed the date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

well done to you ilovetorun, would you think of giveing them in here? im sure they'd be very well recieved.

http://www.safeireland.ie/current_members_oasis_waterford.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

Thanks Straycat-I will give them a shout-brilliant idea!

Advertisement