Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adam & Joe

• 15-12-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Any fellow fans out there? I know they are due back on BBC 6 in the New Year - definitely a show on Christmas Day.

Can't find any other threads about them on here so thought I might start one with the hope of finding other addicts to discuss this wonderful wee show with.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

they've got 12 new podcasts of Christmas....
    well....
    they're a selected few from over the years on 6 music.

here's all the 6 music podcasts!!

http://www.adamandjoe.com/downloads/bbc-6music-radio-show/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

optogirl wrote: »
    Any fellow fans out there? I know they are due back on BBC 6 in the New Year - definitely a show on Christmas Day.

Unfortunately it looks like they won't be back on 6 Music on a full-time basis, it'll just be occasional (Christmas, Glastonbury etc). Joe's film career takes up too much of his time to commit to a weekly radio show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭optogirl

eth0_ wrote: »
    Unfortunately it looks like they won't be back on 6 Music on a full-time basis, it'll just be occasional (Christmas, Glastonbury etc). Joe's film career takes up too much of his time to commit to a weekly radio show.

Boo - that makes me sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Boo - that makes me sad

Agreed, listening to the Adam and Joe show on a Saturday morning was always one of the highlights of my week. Hilarious stuff. Missed it terribly for the last few months.

meant to post this last week. they're back, since last saturday.
    get the new podcast while you can. they do a brilliant piss take on the rebecca black song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

meant to post this last week. they're back, since last saturday.
    get the new podcast while you can. they do a brilliant piss take on the rebecca black song.

Yay, really missed my Adam and Joe fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Stephen! :pac:

Delighted Adam and Joe are back, their show is excellent. Anybody remember this classic moment from last year? :D

delighted they're back. A real weekly treat!

I don't think I will ever tire of Adam's Kate & William song. Lully lully princess...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dog Lipstick

Delighted to be listening again, I was in the supermarket yesterday weighing up my options on what cereal to get when I heard them taking the p*ss outof Pierce Brosnan "Taffin" clip where he screams "WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T LIVE HERE"
    Had me in stitches and generally made me look like an absolute nutter! Brilliant stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXcgt6l_LcA&feature=feedf

Can't remember how to embed video :-/

• Advertisement

Delighted to be listening again, I was in the supermarket yesterday weighing up my options on what cereal to get when I heard them taking the p*ss outof Pierce Brosnan "Taffin" clip where he screams "WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T LIVE HERE"
    Had me in stitches and generally made me look like an absolute nutter! Brilliant stuff.

exact same thing happened to me coming out of dublin airport yesterday!

i'm listening to it again now. the retro text the nation bit about body fiddling was just on. when adam read out that email from the guy who stopped wearing glasses, in like, well gangsta posh speak innit like bruv, i had to stare at my feet and try and hold in the laughs!

holy fook!!! this movie is on bbc one now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dog Lipstick

Haha, the movie has always been the subject of a joke or two in my home town, most of it was filmed in Wicklow town and there are a few local characters etc in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

This one cracked me up on a bus in Cambodia in 2009.

Discussion topic is theme song for BBC 'Points of View'

Blah Boopidy Baya

http://snipsnip.it/arhoet0zzo6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

This one cracked me up on a bus in Cambodia in 2009.

Discussion topic is theme song for BBC 'Points of View'

Blah Boopidy Baya

http://snipsnip.it/arhoet0zzo6

Hilarious. Sounds like one the jingles they make themselves on the show.

Could you tell me which episode that was so I can get the whole thing?

It was Sat June 13th, 2009.

Not sure what the episode # was.

Fansite has some old episodes for download.

http://www.adamandjoe.com/downloads/bbc-6music-radio-show/

the latest podcast was class. the pisstake of lou reed leaning in to kiss lauren laverne was hilariously disturbing. and the phone calls during bob dylan's theme time radio hour was just class!

Dylan impression was good, looking forward to their Glastonbury shows.

Given Joe's increasingly successful hollywood career, not sure the 6 music show will be a runner much longer.

only 5 more shows, 2 regular and 3 from glasto. :(

• Advertisement

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Hilarious. Sounds like one the jingles they make themselves on the show.

Could you tell me which episode that was so I can get the whole thing?

you are going to love the latest podcast!! i was after doing an extraction at work today trying to be sympathetic to the patient trying not to burst myself from laughing while listening to them talk about the points of view theme again!!

Dylan impression was good, looking forward to their Glastonbury shows.

Given Joe's increasingly successful hollywood career, not sure the 6 music show will be a runner much longer.

I'm not so sure - or maybe I'm just hopeful that the show will continue. Was very very disappointed with Attack the Block.

I'm not so sure - or maybe I'm just hopeful that the show will continue. Was very very disappointed with Attack the Block.

Cornish co-scripted the Spielburg directed 'Tintin', due for release this year and is currently writing Marvel comics 'Ant-Man', directed by his pal Edgar Wright.

I didn't see ATB, though heard Joe getting tetchy with Mark Kermode, who suggested it needed to be scarier and funnier.

good news and bad news.

adam is back soon on 6music, but not with joe.

with edith bowman instead.
    i'll wait and see how this goes before expressing what will probably be my disappointment..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

good news and bad news.

adam is back soon on 6music, but not with joe.

with edith bowman instead.
    i'll wait and see how this goes before expressing what will probably be my disappointment..

Ah that's hugely disappointing. I don't doubt that Buxton will be funny on his own but it won't be the same at all. Maybe they're just waiting for Joe to finish up another project before he joins? Here's hoping :o

Advertisement