Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice 2011

Options
  • 15-12-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭

Frank Lampard's stunning ex Elen Rivas is set to steam up Dancing on Ice.
    Former model Elen, 34, has been confirmed as a contestant - and things could hot up further when she exits the ITV1 show.
    Like others who leave, she will be interviewed on Daybreak by Christine Bleakley... who is Chelsea star Lamps' new love.
    An insider said: "Elen will bring a bit of glamour to the show.
    "But it will also be interesting to see how she and Christine react when they meet for the first time."
    Spanish beauty Elen - mum to Lampard's daughters Luna, five, and Isla - split with the footballer nearly two years ago but made no secret of her desire to win back her former fiancé.
    She will be joined on the rink by former Neighbours star and singer Craig McLachlan, 45.
    Also among the 16 celeb hopefuls, who kick off next month, are axed Corrie actor Steven Arnold - who played soap tram crash victim Ashley Peacock - US rapper Vanilla Ice, reality star Kerry Katonaand Iraq war hero Johnson Beharry.
    The insider said: "It's the best line-up ever."

Source - The Sun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Frank Lampard's stunning ex Elen Rivas is set to steam up Dancing on Ice.
    Former model Elen, 34, has been confirmed as a contestant - and things could hot up further when she exits the ITV1 show.
    Like others who leave, she will be interviewed on Daybreak by Christine Bleakley... who is Chelsea star Lamps' new love.
    An insider said: "Elen will bring a bit of glamour to the show.
    "But it will also be interesting to see how she and Christine react when they meet for the first time."
    Spanish beauty Elen - mum to Lampard's daughters Luna, five, and Isla - split with the footballer nearly two years ago but made no secret of her desire to win back her former fiancé.
    She will be joined on the rink by former Neighbours star and singer Craig McLachlan, 45.Also among the 16 celeb hopefuls, who kick off next month, are axed Corrie actor Steven Arnold - who played soap tram crash victim Ashley Peacock - US rapper Vanilla Ice, reality star Kerry Katonaand Iraq war hero Johnson Beharry.
    The insider said: "It's the best line-up ever."

Source - The Sun Source - The Sun

Wonder how Craig has aged, yay to him being on the show. Could easily give Kerry Katona a miss, she'll be full of drama no doubt :rolleyes:

Is Nicky Slater being replaced as judge? I had hoped Matt Cutler might turn up as one, but he's obviously keeping his hand in with SCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

The pairings for this year's Dancing On Ice have been confirmed.

Following the announcement of which celebrities will compete in the ITV show, it has now been revealed that just five professional dancers who have previously taken part will return for the new series. Matt Evers, Daniel Whiston, Frankie Poultney, Maria Filippov and Brianne Delcourt will be joined by 11 new faces to partner the celebrities.

Evers will skate with Loose Women star Denise Welch, while Whiston has been partnered with Kerry Katona.

Neighbours star Craig McLachlan will dance with Filippov, Poultney with 'Comedy Dave' Vitty and Delcourt is paired with former EastEnders actor Sam Attwater.

Angela Rippon, the oldest contestant to ever compete on the series, has been partnered with Canadian gold medallist Sean Rice, Hollyoaks' Jennifer Metcalfe with French skater Sylvain Longchambon, and Corrie actor Steven Arnold with Russian professional Nina Ulanova.

Other pairings include Chloe Madeley and Michael Zenezini, Nadia Sawalha and Mark Hanretty, Elen Rives and Lukasz Rozycki, Dominic Cork and Alexandra Schauman, and Katie Stainsby and Vanilla Ice.

Jodeyne Higgins - married to Sean Rice - will dance with Johnson Beharry VC, Isabelle Gauthier with Jeff Brazier and Colin Ratushniak will partner TV presenter Laura Hamilton.

In a twist, four couples will be voted off the show in the first two weeks.

Dancing On Ice returns to ITV on January 9.

Hope Kerry leaves early :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Hopefully it doesnt turn into the Kerry Katona show, because if it does i will definitely not be watching.
    I never thought Elen Rivres was stunning, she always seems very moody to me.

From looking at this link, it is already the Kerry Katona show :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dancing-on-ice/realitybites/a294549/dancing-on-ice-qa-kerry-katona.html

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »

Do people really find her that interesting?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The eight contestants taking part in the first Dancing On Ice live show of 2010 have been revealed.

Only half of the celebrities taking part in this year's show will skate on Sunday's series six launch episode, with the other eight taking part the following weekend.

Kerry Katona, Vanilla Ice and Angela Rippon will head up this weekend's bill. They will compete against Johnson Beharry, Corrie's Steven Arnold, TV presenter Jeff Brazier, Nadia Sawalha and Nickelodeon star Laura Hamilton.

Two of the celebrities will be voted off the show after a three-way skate-off. The public will vote for who they want to save from the axe and the judging panel will have no say in who stays or goes until the third week of the competition when the lineup is reduced to the final 12.

Dancing On Ice returns on Sunday at 6.30pm on ITV1. The results show follows at 9.30pm.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Sweet - looking forward to this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why are TV3 advertising this loads with just Kerry Katona :confused: I hope she goes out first :p

Have to say DOI is looking good this year, this is one revamp that appears to have worked ;) loved the first Torvil and Dean number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Holly looks amazing, lovin' the dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I was just going to say that about her dress, it's incredible. Makes me want to be pregnant again!

ElleEm wrote: »
    Holly looks amazing, lovin' the dress!

Really suits her shape and a great colour.

Ooooh, are the judges sat at home in front of the telly! :eek: Where are they?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Judges are to the right as you look at it of where the skaters are interviewed after - only three this year, Robin, Emma and Jason. Karen is now as head coach

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Am I the only one that is not a fan of the scores being out of ten? I know it's only a little thing but I don't like it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

That coloured soldier guy...ffs , just give him the trophy..all the rest are just "celebs"...he's a fkn hero.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

what does emma bunten know about skating, or Jason for that matter!!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that is not a fan of the scores being out of ten? I know it's only a little thing but I don't like it at all!

Not sure about the scores being out of 10, as skating is marked out of 6, also judges need to give their score, not have them flashed up on the screen, but on the whole I'm liking the show.

Kerry wouldn't want to get knocked out - Dan is brilliant, and wouldn't like to see him out in the first show!

• Advertisement

How long will it be before she pokes her tounge out? :rolleyes:

Kerry wouldn't want to get knocked out - Dan is brilliant, and wouldn't like to see him out in the first show!

The show is definately built around her, Dan is by far the best known prof and will have his own following.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

flutegirl wrote: »
    How long will it be before she pokes her tounge out? :rolleyes:
    Tongue ... actually. :rolleyes:

MargeS wrote: »
    Tongue ... actually. :rolleyes:

Jeez, don't know what that word was supposed to be, all the letters were there, but not necessarily in the right order ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 norming09

So who is up for ellimination??

I think Steven arnold is gone for sure, but dont know who else, i thought Angela Rippon was actually quiet good

I thought Jeff was quite good as well - its all based on the public vote this week and next week - judges votes don't come into it!

Wow, Vanilla Ice was excellent as well - two big lifts!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Wow, Vanilla Ice was excellent as well - two big lifts!

I totally agree, I thought he'd be really bad but I was completely wrong. He's very entertaining and I now have a slight crush... :rolleyes:

I thought Jeff was quite good as well - its all based on the public vote this week and next week - judges votes don't come into it!

He was good, and Laura looks very good as well. The Corrie fans might just keep Steve in.

• Advertisement

Vanilla Ice and Katie through with Johnson

Advertisement