Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Jeff and Isabel through

Steven and Nina through

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Kerry and Dan through :D

Angela and Sean, Laura and Colin (top of the leaderboard), Nadia and Mark to skate again, one will go through - this is all down to the public again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Vanilla Ice and Katie through with Johnson

Just want to post this here

Just putting that out there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I missed the end, as had to go back to work. Who went out??

Lots of new proffessionals this year.
    I was so glad the war hero got through. I know he wasnt a good skater, but he brought a lump to my throat, when i was watching him being interviewed. He is a true hero.

I didnt need to see Jane at the start in hotpants though!!

Ive always said over the years i would like to see less dances from Torvill and Dean, and see the other younger professionals do more dances

Just want to post this here

Just putting that out there

wow thats different :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Angela Rippon and Nadia Sawalha (sp) out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I can't believe they danced to Cameo, but for once, I'm impressed

Actually...now that I think about it, how many complaints will ITV receive because his partner looks like she's dressed for bed (if you follow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bingette

Craig was robbed gutted he never got through

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Didn't get to see the skate off, just a bit of jennifer in it where she tripped. Others must have been worse if she could stumble and still manage to get through. I wanted Craig to get through :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Elen Rivas and Craig McLachlan have failed to win a spot in the final stages of this year's Dancing On Ice.

The Spanish model and Australian soap star were eliminated from the reality contest after losing a bottom three skate-off with Hollyoaks favourite Jennifer Metcalfe, who was granted a reprieve by the public when voting lines reopened.

When speaking to hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, McLachlan thanked his professional partner Maria Filippov and joked that he was now looking forward to riding the waves Down Under.

"Well, the good news is there's a six-foot swell coming in at Bondi [Beach], but seriously I've had the best time with this bunch [of contestants] over here, and [Filippov] is an absolute treasure."

Rivas, meanwhile, came off the ice panting from her skate-off performance and stated only that she was "gutted" and "really sad" at her exit.

Her partner Lukasz Rozycki added: "She improved so much since the first time I saw her, I'm really really proud."

'Comedy' Dave Vitty, Sam Attwater, Dominic Cork, Chloe Madeley and Denise Welch - who were all granted safety by viewers earlier tonight - will join Metcalfe and last week's surviving six for the official beginning of the skating competition next week.

• Advertisement

Im delighted Ellen didnt get through. She was so annoying

bingette wrote: »
    Craig was robbed gutted he never got through

...and I voted for him as well :(:(:( Was looking forward to seeing him skate a bit more.

Whats the big news that they are going to announce?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Whats the big news that they are going to announce?

Heard it on Chris Moyles this morning
    They'll put marbles on the ice

caution:may not be true :P

Steven Arnold has become the fifth celebrity to be eliminated from Dancing On Ice.

The former Coronation Street actor finished in the bottom two alongside cricketer Dominic Cork after viewers' votes were combined with the judges' scores from earlier tonight.

The 36-year-old, who received the lowest total of the week from the panel after missing a training session, failed to convince Jason Gardiner, Emma Bunton and Robin Cousins that he should be spared, as they unanimously voted to keep Cork in the competition.

When making his decision, Gardiner declared, "It's a shame it's not a double eviction," while Cousins insisted that there would be more to come from Cork, but had no such words of encouragement for Arnold.

When asked to sum up his Dancing On Ice experience, the former Weatherfield resident stated: "It's all a blur when you're out there on the ice. I've really enjoyed it, it's just a superb buzz with the audience so I've enjoyed every moment I've been here."

Turning to his professional partner Nina Ulanova, he added: "Do you know what, I'm not a natural skater, but I put my heart and soul into this, and Nina for the last three months has been like a big sister to me."

With Arnold eliminated, show hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield teased a mysterious "never before seen" twist to be unveiled next week, which Christopher Dean stated "could change the whole direction of the competition".

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Heard it on Chris Moyles this morning
    They'll put marbles on the ice

caution:may not be true :P

That would definately make it interesting! :) I was thinking maybe that they might
    be changing professional partners, don't know if that would work or not.

I thought it might be that there would be a different judge next week, as Robin usually dissapears to comment on the Eurpoean Championships.

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I thought it might be that there would be a different judge next week, as Robin usually dissapears to comment on the Eurpoean Championships.

According to the thread on Digital spy (I'd be lost without it :o)
    the celebs get to decide who gets voted off after the skate-off, that's the big twist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Why is Katona still on the show????????.....a repeat of Bristol Palin?????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

flutegirl wrote: »
    According to the thread on Digital spy (I'd be lost without it :o)
    the celebs get to decide who gets voted off after the skate-off, that's the big twist.

Ohhhhh that's a good twist, they'll all be in tears :D it doesnt mean nobody's safe though, it'll still be the worst 2 or 3 in the skate off.
    Why is Katona still on the show????????.....a repeat of Bristol Palin?????

:confused: She's still there because she isn't the worst skater? What's the big deal?

• Advertisement

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dancing-on-ice/news/a299975/dancing-on-ice-skate-off-twist-revealed.html

ITV has announced that this weekend's Dancing On Ice will see the contestants vote on who gets eliminated from the competition.

The bottom two on Sunday night's results show will be decided by the usual combination of judges' scores and viewer votes, but in a twist, the remaining celebrities will have to vote one-by-one on which of the two they want to leave the show, giving reasons for their choices.

The pair who receive the highest number of votes after the skate-off will be knocked out of the competition.

The 11 remaining contestants were said to be stunned when details of the twist were broken to them yesterday. Kerry Katona and Denise Welch even refused to participate in the format change when it was initially revealed, according to The Sun.

An insider said: "This has really put the cat amongst the pigeons. They have all quietly been keeping their thoughts about their rivals to themselves. Now they will be forced to say what they think and look them in the eye while they're doing it.

"We've told them they can't mince their words and they have to give an honest opinion. Hopefully, some of the simmering tension that we've all been feeling will rise to the surface and they will get really bitchy.

"We know that some of them have strong feelings about each other as we've heard them all bitching behind the scenes. On camera they like to give the impression that it's all one big happy family - but that could not be further from the truth."

A first-look at the celebrities' reactions will air in a Dancing On Ice promo during ITV's coverage of the National Television Awards on Wednesday.

Well i was completley wrong :D
    I think its a good twist, there wil be some bitching going on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 susie15

I'm facinated - does vanilla ice have a wig - with all that cash it's nearly as bad as donie - or maybe there is a hairdresser responsible for it:eek::eek::eek:

Im so annoyed at last nights result :mad:
    I think Vanilla Ice's hair is painted on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Vanilla Ice's hair is funny :D

Anyone else think they need to keep Karen behind the scenes from now on? Jason apologised for his comments about Johnson and she acted like a complete child throwing it back in his face.

Shame Jennifer got the boot, I thought she was quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 susie15

maybe they are paying 'big star' wiggy and miss hollyoaks can go - he was in canada on business - what business?? He comes back full of confidence but still skating like a hoodlam

Keep Karen in sight of Jason - personally I love the friction!!:cool:

susie15 wrote: »
    maybe they are paying 'big star' wiggy and miss hollyoaks can go - he was in canada on business - what business?? He comes back full of confidence but still skating like a hoodlam

Keep Karen in sight of Jason - personally I love the friction!!:cool:

I thought she was going to slap him at one point :eek:

Has everyone given up on this, lol? Think maybe Kerry's time might be up this week, really liking Laura, Sam and Vanilla.

flutegirl wrote: »
    Has everyone given up on this, lol? Think maybe Kerry's time might be up this week, really liking Laura, Sam and Vanilla.

Kerry is gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

i'm glad she's gone the whole show seemed to be about her

Advertisement