Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice 2011

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

I've just tuned into this week's show and see that Coleen Nolan is there instead of Holly - is she finished until after the baby?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Kdylass wrote: »
    I've just tuned into this week's show and see that Coleen Nolan is there instead of Holly - is she finished until after the baby?

She has a migraine - been advised to rest by doctors - by the way it sounds, it is only for this week

http://www.ok.co.uk/posts/view/32549/Coleen-Nolan-to-present-Dancing-on-Ice-tonight-as-poor-Holly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Unlucky for Ice being voted off this evening, thought Denise would've beenn the one going this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

flutegirl wrote: »
    Unlucky for Ice being voted off this evening, thought Denise would've beenn the one going this week.

Me too, it's a shame he's gone, I looked forward to see what he'd come up with every week, I'd rather not see Denise dance again, she was pretty appauling this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Denise or Jeff should have gone Jeff just doesn't do it for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Johnson should have went ages ago. Hopefully he'll go tonight.

Daisy! wrote: »
    Johnson should have went ages ago. Hopefully he'll go tonight.

Denise before Johnson hopefully, but think he'll be gone by next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Love the way they're trying to influence the votes with the voiceover this week!

Denise - She's suave and sophisticated, she's paying me to say this.
    Johnson - You have to salute his staying power
    Laura- She survived the SHOCKING skate off last week
    etc etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

yeah it was the same when Kerry Katona was still in it, "and here comes Kerry now she made headlines in the papers over the weekend" :eek: and it was a new haircut or something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Johnson Beharry has just missed out on a place in the Dancing On Ice final.

The army hero became the 13th contestant booted from the figure skating show, after finishing in the bottom two with Chloe Madeley when public votes and judges' scores were combined.

After a final skate-off, hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby threw the vote over to judges Robin Cousins, Jason Gardiner and Emma Bunton. All three chose to spare Madeley, who tripped over during her earlier routine, but praised Beharry for his sensational progress throughout the show.

Cousins congratulated Beharry for making the semi-finals, while Gardiner noted that the former soldier had come "an incredibly long way", before expressing his desire for a "final that we can be proud of".

Bunton concluded the vote by calling Johnson an "inspiration" for performing a solo routine in tonight's show, given that months ago he was unable to even stand up on the ice.

His fate sealed, Johnson stepped out of the rink for his exit interview to a rapturous round of applause from the studio audience.

"[There's] no need to be sad," he told the crowd. "I had loads of fun. I had [the] time of my life."

He proceeded to thank the members of the Dancing On Ice team for helping him recover from horrific injuries sustained in the war zone.

"They actually helped me so much, words cant describe how much they held me," he said. "It's amazing."

Beharry's tearful partner Jodeyne Higgins was also quick to express her fondness for the star, stating: "This entire journey has been absolutely incredible, and every moment I've been out there on the ice with this man has been inspirational."

Madeley, Sam Attwater and Laura Hamilton will compete for the Dancing On Ice trophy in next Sunday's final, which airs at 7.40pm on ITV1.

• Advertisement

He should have went weeks ago :rolleyes:

He wasn't going to make it to the final, but there was something about his skating partnership that I really enjoyed watching.

flutegirl wrote: »
    He wasn't going to make it to the final, but there was something about his skating partnership that I really enjoyed watching.

Me too, himself and Jodeyne just always came across so well, I'm glad he made it to the semi-final, he deserved it.

Who's going to win overall now??? I always thought Sam had the potential to get to the stage of giving the professionals a run for their money, but he was just so stale for a good few weeks in a row. I'm not fond of the Final, if it's the same as the last few years they'll just do their favourite dance, then do their flying (which I'm not fond of) and then the top 2 do the Bolero? I never see much room for improvement and adding an extra wow factor.

I also think the female celebs have it easier with the flying, I just can't picture Brianne being able to push Sam around much while he's in the air, she's tiny!

I see Laura winning it if they keep to the same format as the last few years. If they let them do a new dance and cut out the flying nonsense then Sam has the potential to win.

Me too, himself and Jodeyne just always came across so well, I'm glad he made it to the semi-final, he deserved it.

Who's going to win overall now??? I always thought Sam had the potential to get to the stage of giving the professionals a run for their money, but he was just so stale for a good few weeks in a row. I'm not fond of the Final, if it's the same as the last few years they'll just do their favourite dance, then do their flying (which I'm not fond of) and then the top 2 do the Bolero? I never see much room for improvement and adding an extra wow factor.

I also think the female celebs have it easier with the flying, I just can't picture Brianne being able to push Sam around much while he's in the air, she's tiny!

I see Laura winning it if they keep to the same format as the last few years. If they let them do a new dance and cut out the flying nonsense then Sam has the potential to win.

No flying this year, my mam's devestated!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dancing-on-ice/news/a310146/dean-reveals-dancing-on-ice-final-changes.html
    Christopher Dean has confirmed that there will be no flying challenge in this year's Dancing On Ice final.

The former Olympic ice dancing champion revealed to Jeff Brazier on This Morning that the final three celebrities would be challenged with a "showcase" routine rather than the usual high-wire performances.

"The flying has gone away," he said. "We're doing a showcase routine. The celeb gets to decide the routine with all the professionals, all the lighting and the costumes. It will come down to how they entertain the audience.

"The two best entertainers will get to go head-to-head and skate the bolero."

Speaking about the final three celebrities - Laura Hamilton, Sam Attwater and Chloe Madeley - he added: "The great thing is that they've all been top of the leaderboard, so it could be anyone's on the night."

The Dancing On Ice final airs on Sunday night at 7.40pm on ITV1

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Laura wins

I'm going for Laura too.

I don't like Sam, especially since the fake romance stunt. If the competition was a few weeks longer, Chloe would be in with a chance but unfortunately I think that last week will really have knocked her confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im so glad theres no flying this year. I never liked it.
    I think Laura's going to win

I hope Laura wins too. Sam is amazing but he's really put me off with all the media nonsense.

Her individual routine was the best, even though Sam's had more technical bits in it, I'd like to see her win. Glad the flying has gone, Strictly Come Dancing take note!! Should be a good final.

Anybody watching this evening? Well doen on Laura getting top marks for ther routine, but I think it could Sam this year.

• Advertisement

Well done to Sam, and well done to Laura as well. Shame the tour isn't coming to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im going to miss the professional male dancers. With their tight trousers, no tops on, and of course their dancing ability ;)

Yesssssss I was so happy when I saw there was no flying \o/ I loved the showcase, it was so much better and put them to a much better test! Sam's was excellent!

Fair play to him for winning, he deserved it on the night, he did the Bolero better too. Enjoyed the whole final for once, hurrah!

Was the romance with Sam and Brianne fake?!?!

Yesssssss I was so happy when I saw there was no flying \o/ I loved the showcase, it was so much better and put them to a much better test! Sam's was excellent!

Fair play to him for winning, he deserved it on the night, he did the Bolero better too. Enjoyed the whole final for once, hurrah!

Was the romance with Sam and Brianne fake?!?!

Yep, it was a showmance, think they were caught out by one of the newspapers when he was pictured with someone else a while back. But he did well last night, best series so far.

Advertisement