Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Yum paste

Options
  • 15-12-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I got a jar of tom yum paste and was wondering how best to go about making a soup..or something diff?

Im not a big fan of coconut milk so any clear soups ideas would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

this is one of my favorites as it is very addictive. ive made it hundreds of times. you wont be long getting through that jar of paste :)

for 2 portions

500ml chicken stock or fish stock
    1tsp of tom yam paste(chilli in oil)
    2 kafir lime leaves finely chopped
    1 stalk of lemon grass
    1 green chilli finely sliced
    2tsp palm sugar
    6 mushrooms sliced
    10 king prawns cut to bight size
    1.5tbs fish sauce
    lime juice, tsp at a time to taste

the balance of flavours is very delicate so carefull with the fish sauce and particularly the lime juice. over time u will notice you have your own preference for how much sugar to lime to fish sauce for your own taste.
    personally i like to add a little coconut milk and vermacelli noodles are a good addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

sounds great ..thanks...bought a jar few weeks back and trying to get round to using it

Advertisement